It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Prefer Sanders to Biden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
first I must say, I'm a Republican, and I intend to vote for Trump, and I hope he wins.
having said that;

If it comes down to Sanders or Biden, I prefer Sanders.
I'll come right to the point. A Sanders Presidency will change things. He really seems committed, in his poli-sci theory way, to knocking down the billionaires and forcing some wealth distribution.
This country could use some redistribution. I'm all for capitalism and nobody's business how much money you make, but this is ridiculous and getting worse. Almost everyone I know is working-class and they (we) all feel like we're working ourselves to death and hope and pray we'll have some kind of retirement. It breaks my heart to hear about people who retire and have to go back to work, usually low-paying stuff ('welcome to Wal-Mart').
most people don't mind the rich getting richer as long as the rest of us are doing better but the wealth some of these people have amassed is inconceivable.
I fear that if Bernie Sanders does get in the White House he'll try to make some things happen and will find a lot of those big $ people are donors and democrat supporters, and his own party (in that he's running as a dem) will sabotage him. A Sanders win might well end up in four years of gridlock.

What would a Joe Biden presidency look like? the 90s and 2000s all over again. big government, taxes, regulations, welfare state. massive vote-buying. Dems love to talk about working people but they do nothing to help them (except for a few union contracts). Biden is a classic deep-stater who will undo everything Trump has done.
A Biden Presidency will see massive corruption, urban decay, and a sluggish economy.

I honestly think we'd be better off with a Sanders shake-up than Joe's return to Status Quo.

plus the fact that VP Biden increasingly appears to be losing mental acuity. I shudder to think of him dealing with a 9/11 or similar event...and I fully expect the bad actors in this world to take advantage of same.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

If Sanders is going to redistribute billionaires wealth then he can just send me a check/cash. I know how to spend it better than the government.
They are both establishment. Career politicians. Part of the problem, not the solution.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Since this is all make believe sure, let Bernie have a shot.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

what gets me is, all those that says he will change things. sure he could write a few EO's, impose a few sanctions, but in the long run if congress doesn't pass anything he asks for, we'll have the same ol sh@@. plus brenie likes living poor, always has, hell even the houses he and his wife have are in her name.

edit on 4-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I don't get why the super rich need to be knocked down. I get your point about those that, having worked a lifetime, can't retire and live comfortably. I know there are many reasons for that but the biggest issue is that people don't plan for retirement. They spent all the money they earned and didn't put any away.

There's a mentality that started with my generation (I'm 60+) where having all the latest "stuff" was more important than a savings account. I'm fortunate that I have a 401K that's been building for 40 years.

Consumerism is the problem, not the rich.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Given the choice between Sanders and Biden, I'd take Coronavirus. Neither are worth a whispering fart in a hurricane, neither have the common sense of bread mold, and neither are going to stand a snowball's chance in November.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Imagine all that wealth going into the government only to not be redistributed...sounds closer to reality.

And what of the people whose dream is to have a log cabin in the woods, living off the land by the sweat of their brow? Why can’t their version of happiness be sought? Why do they have to serve as a cog in the machine living in the equitably established housing unit in the city in a climate that disagrees with their health?

Sounds to me like children that have to have remote controlled cars as toys because Stompers were not cool enough for them.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Both of them are a sorry excuse for a "leader"

Sanders is out of touch and Biden is a scumbag.
America still hasn't figured out that any of the people on tv.....are totally useless.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sanders would be the safer bet, if you're looking for the Dem nominee to still be viable, come November.

Three armed drones are circling high above Joe Biden's head, 24/7. One is labeled Senate Criminal Investigation, One is labeled DOJ Criminal Investigation, and the third is labeled Ukraine Criminal Investigation.

One will soon release it's bombshell...or maybe all 3 will do so simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Amen to that.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Part of the reason why the renaissance happened was because of the black plague. It killed off a lot of the rich and upper class that were hoarding wealth from the byzantine empires fall.

A mass of redistribution of wealth followed. And guess what, happened after.

I'm not saying kill the rich, or let plague take them all out, but the super wealthy need to be put in check sometimes and let people with tooth and nail goals, big ones take the lead.
When thomas edison made his think tank and basically gave his entire fortune to fund brilliant minds, was hoarding wealth on his mind? Dont think so.
We need more entrepreneurs like him, and more bold investors.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Part of the reason why the renaissance happened was because of the black plague. It killed off a lot of the rich and upper class that were hoarding wealth from the byzantine empires fall.

I'm not saying kill the rich, or let plague take them all out, but the super wealthy need to be put in check sometimes and let people with tooth and nail goals, big ones take the lead.
When thomas edison made his think tank and basically gave his entire fortune to fund brilliant minds, was hoarding wealth on his mind? Dont think so.

Key there is he choose to invest, any redistribution done by the government will be full of inefficiency and fraud. As Bill gates said it's my money let me decide where it goes. LOL maybe instead of a taxes offer billionaires fair taxes but they have to sponsor initiatives medical care, housing, education etc. ran by persons they choose and by plans they agree on. These are obviously mostly smart intelligent people you have to appeal to their vanity and need for control
edit on 4-3-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'll take Sanders any day over Biden. www.sanderscandy.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I also prefer Bernie Sanders to Joe Biden.

I'm old enough to remember when Trump was a Democrat and I happen to believe Biden is nothing more than a white Trump.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

There are plenty of bold investors. Look at the dumbasses that drove up Tesla's stock to 140 billion or so. You don't get bold investors when you steal their wealth so the government can piss it away.
edit on 4-3-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Tell that to the Telsa family. You do know that Edison royally screwed Tesla in his agreed upon contract, for royalties over the Tesla designs for the brush-less dynamo;s right?
Oh and Edison openly killed elephants by electrocuting them to show how "dangerous" A/C power (which is what Tesla was innovating replacing Edison's' D/C power with in the long term), right?

Edison, a great inventor, please, he was a great experimentalist and self-promoter. He was hardly a genius and known for out-of-box advanced thinking.

Knowledge of real history is power, so please empower yourself before you spout off about that of which you have no knowledge.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I know full well what Edison did. He was a businessman first.

But I can guarantee that most people in today's world would agree with what Edison did to gain the upper hand and had much bigger impact on the over all grande scheme of things then Tesla did. After all, if it weren't for Edison, Tesla wouldn't have gotten his foot in the door and moved onto Westinghouse.

Deep down people desire the despair, struggle and unfortunate events that have lead us to this point in history, how many people will openly admit that colonialism actually brought prosperous growth to mankind overall in the image of European models. Not many because it's tainted with blood, and race superiority.

The point I am putting forward is people need to understand that sacrifices need to be made in order to see growth. Even the most basic of modern economics calls for adjustments in wealth redistribution, it's all in the wealth of nations. Adam Smith himself left his entire fortune to basically a charity. Monetary wealth isn't meant to be banked away, it's meant to spent, circulated.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I know full well what Edison did. He was a businessman first.

But I can guarantee that most people in today's world would agree with what Edison did to gain the upper hand and had much bigger impact on the over all grande scheme of things then Tesla did. After all, if it weren't for Edison, Tesla wouldn't have gotten his foot in the door and moved onto Westinghouse.

Deep down people desire the despair, struggle and unfortunate events that have lead us to this point in history, how many people will openly admit that colonialism actually brought prosperous growth to mankind overall in the image of European models. Not many because it's tainted with blood, and race superiority.

The point I am putting forward is people need to understand that sacrifices need to be made in order to see growth. Even the most basic of modern economics calls for adjustments in wealth redistribution, it's all in the wealth of nations. Adam Smith himself left his entire fortune to basically a charity. Monetary wealth isn't meant to be banked away, it's meant to spent, circulated.

The bolded statement is your OPINON, not fact. Please, state is as such. Edison was a ruthless and heartless man. He took advantage of a meek genius that wanted to give away his free wireless energy ideas to the world. You using Edison as the good example is laughable at best.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

What good is money if it just sits there doing nothing? Tesla was paid, and he sought better deals with Westinghouse. If anything you should have beef with Westinghouse who took advantage of him.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What good is money if it just sits there doing nothing? Tesla was paid, and he sought better deals with Westinghouse. If anything you should have beef with Westinghouse who took advantage of him.

Nobody with any actual money stashes it away like Scrooge McDuck.

The entire idea that people who have wealth just put it under a mattress or in a vault is asinine.

People with money want to make more of it.

They invest it, start companies with it, offer it as capital for others to start their own businesses, grow their own companies which hire ~gasp~ people who get a paycheck, who spend it and the cycle goes on.

As far as Edison goes, he was a $#%#$%# monster.

Do you know that he used to kill people's dogs who didn't do business deals with him?

With his cane, no less.

When they came to answer the door.

There's your hero.

/facepalm.

edit on 4-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join