It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Threat From US Southern Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
According to DHS...since the 2020 CV outbreak in China...over 300 illegal immigrants from China have been intercepted at the US Southern border.

This is the equivalant of 3 average passenger jets of Chinese citizens secretly coming into the US...and completely vanishing within our borders since flights from virus-ravaged China have been banned by President Trump.

Are all of these intercepted Chinese nationals attempting to illegally enter the US infected with CV?---Obviously not.
But it only takes one.

Consider that without strong enforcement of the US/Mexican border...over 100 potentially-infected Chinese nationals per month would already have entered the US undetected...disappearing among the US citizenry.

More than 300 illegal Chinese immigrants busted on southern border

Some 328 illegal immigrants from China have been nabbed jumping the U.S.-Mexico border so far this year, according to Homeland Security data that raises the prospect a coronavirus carrier could sneak into the country via the border.

Three other people from South Korea — another country with rapidly spreading cases — have also been arrested at the border, as have 122 people from the Dominican Republican, where the coronavirus has now been detected.

www.washingtontimes.com... urce=socialnetwork

edit on 4-3-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wonder how many walked right in without getting caught?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I would expect that within the next 3 weeks the USA will see a big spike in their COVID-19 case load. The non testing and lack of test equipment should be rectified in a week or so... No test no virus to report...

Our borders have been like a big door no one can completely close, that, along with the past policy of catch and release has not helped the situation at all. Now it just might be time for "the pay back of stupidity".

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The rescue beacons out in the desert have had instructions in English, Spanish and Chinese for fifteen years or so. So illegal Chinese immigration is nothing new. But if you want to play politics, an argument can be made that The Resistance to the wall and Sanctuary City movement has condemned many to exposure to the Corona Virus Plague or whatever they call it next week.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Consider also...any infected Chinese nationals attempting to illegally enter through the US/Mex border...have also been infecting OTHER immigrants from Mexico and other countries attempting to enter secretly and illegally.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Our borders have been like a big door no one can completely close, that, along with the past policy of catch and release has not helped the situation at all. Now it just might be time for "the pay back of stupidity".

Raises an interesting question.

Will CV infected illegal aliens within Sanctuary Cities...be allowed to be quarantined?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just one infected Chinese person could infect a pile of Mexicans too, some of whom will come into the US illegally too. But even worse, some of the infected Mexicans can be coming here legally to work and infect many other people in the process.

This is another reason why that border wall should be built. We could check the people coming through the entry ports for a fever, but those coming in illegally, we cannot check for a fever. Sending back a Mexican worker at the wall does not help other Mexicans at all.

If that border was closed up, the Chinese sneaking through would not go to Mexico to sneak in here.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Can't argue with ANY of your logic.

What happens when infected illegals are stopped trying to enter?

What happens to infected illegals within Sanctuary Cities?

The blame will have to be placed squarely against EVERY politician that impeded building the wall.
edit on 4-3-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? No really are you?
Seattle Wa is a "Sanctuary" city, and go look at what's going on there. Now to be fair most of the infected have been from the Nursing Home, but not much has been pushed out about how that home became the center of the death situation nationally, nor has there been much attention to all the other cases that have been connected to it. On top of that Seattle as of right now, has no workable plan on testing to see if any of the homeless in the city have been infected. So how do you think they will react to an illegal that is possibly infected?

In fact we have a Governor here that was proud to point out that he insulted the VP on the phone over this, and now Inslee has to meet up with Pence to talk about the continued issues and deaths from the virus.

Back to your question, I'm willing to bet that as soon as "Quarantine" gets tossed around, illegals will pack up and move on to another "no-question" (ie Sanctuary) city. Given that most of the states that host these "Sanctuary cities" are also "Welcoming states" I'm willing to bet they will push laws through that will prevent harassing illegals for testing if encountered by law enforcement. So spread it like butter on warm toast.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I guess it's inevitably predictable that 'Tent' & 'Sanctuary' cities will become ground zeros...and hit hardest by the virus.
Local government will be completely helpless to stop it.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: rickymouse

Can't argue with ANY of your logic.

What happens when infected illegals are stopped trying to enter?

What happens to infected illegals within Sanctuary Cities?

The blame will have to be placed squarely against EVERY politician that impeded building the wall.

On top of that, Mexico will be ired at the US for causing the problem because our inaction is causing the Chinese to come here to sneak across the border.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I guess it's inevitably predictable that 'Tent' & 'Sanctuary' cities will become ground zeros...and hit hardest by the virus.

That's right, and none of those people have access to adequate healthcare, it's a looming disaster.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You're right on the first part, but on the second part … well cities aren't helpless, but since many of the cities refuse to push back against the "agenda" (whatever that is) they make themselves helpless.

As a private citizen, I have to stand back and let a robber rob me, and if I decide to fight back "I" can be arrested for doing so. The Police chief in Seattle actually said that if you are being robbed, let the robber do want they want, then when it's safe let the police know so that a report can be filed. When the current Seattle Police chief as just the interim police chief, she said that peoples right to unlawfully protest out weighed law abiding peoples right of way.

So the old saying of bringing a knife to a gun fight, still might be the best decision, in places like Seattle your knife carrying opponent might just use the states "Red Flag" laws against you.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

What a mess.
Seattle is totally F'd!

I used to love that city.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's right, and none of those people have access to adequate healthcare, it's a looming disaster.

There's Medicare for them. And hospitals are legally required to provide care in emergencies.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

As a private citizen, I have to stand back and let a robber rob me, and if I decide to fight back "I" can be arrested for doing so

That's absolutely absurd, and reminds me of the innocent bystander episode from sienfeld .

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I wasn't aware of that....

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: sine.nomine

I wasn't aware of that....

Yep. I had to go to the emergency room last night. Only after over 4 hours of medical care, including an EKG and CT scan did they even ask if I had insurance or could afford to pay. The system isn't as broken as many think.

ETA: although upon discharge I noticed my medical bracelet said I was in Unknown Room...

edit on 4-3-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I still believe illegal border crossers should be given a warning, then a warning shot, then shot. It's no different than invading, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I still believe illegal border crossers should be given a warning, then a warning shot, then shot. It's no different than invading, in my opinion.

Nobody needs to die.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join