It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did A Person Catch Pelosi's Security Detail On Roof With Sniper Rifle In NJ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I just read a story about a guy who took a picture of what he thought was a security person on a roof, pointing a rifle at a crowd. It happened this past Saturday at a campaign rally in South Jersey, where Nancy Pelosi was at.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi stumped in South Jersey Saturday on behalf of U.S. House Rep. Donald Norcross in his campaign for re-election.

Pelosi was joined by New Jersey Governor, Phil Murphy (D) and Senator Corey Booker (D), all of whom are staunchly against Second Amendment rights, and are known to push for gun control.

shorenewsnetwork.com...

There were pro-Trump protesters there too, but according to the article, they were peaceful and just holding signs.

The Democrats were met by hundreds of peaceful protestors who filled the sidewalk at Camden County College, demonstrating and holding pro-Second Amendment and pro-Trump signs.

A civilian on the sidewalk snapped this photo, showing a member of the Democrats’ security force, dangerously pointing a firearm at the crowd of civilians. By any standard, this unequivocally violates basic safety rules and calls into question training, and protocol.

shorenewsnetwork.com...

A journalist for "Bearing Arms," who is also a Navy Veteran and a lifetime shooter, made this comment in an article that he wrote today:

I’ve looked at the photograph in question–you can too, it’s at the above-linked post. I’m not posting it because it’s not our picture–and yeah, it really does look like someone pointing a rifle at the cameraman.

If that’s the case, then this represents a real problem. After all, you never point a gun at something you don’t intend on destroying. Pointing a rifle at peaceful protestors is a clear violation of the basic rules of gun safety.

bearingarms.com...

Also today, the Gloucester Township Police Chief said this story is untrue. He states that the picture "is a member of the Gloucester Township Police Department Special Response Team, using a “spotting scope” not a weapon."

There were snipers at the LSU-Alabama football game back in November 2019, when President Trump made an appearance, but they weren't pointing their rifles at the crowd.

After looking at the picture, which I zoomed and enhanced, it sure looks like someone on the roof holding a rifle with a spotter standing alongside. The guy's right arm appears to be holding the rifle and the left is holding the stock. The rifle appears to have a large sniper scope mounted to it.

Once this story broke, I think the Gloucester Township Police Chief attempted some damage control. If this story is in fact true, then I think it's appalling that Pelosi's security, or a member of the Gloucester Township police, actually pointed a rifle at a non-violent crowd.

I realize that there are snipers present at many large public events, so it's not unusual to see them at political rallies, especially where the House Speaker is at. But doesn't the threat level matter when it comes to pointing a sniper rifle into a crowd? Pelosi and these Democrats are all pushing for gun control and limiting people's Second Amendment rights, but they apparently have no issues with their security detail pointing sniper rifles at peaceful protesters.

William J. Hayden who attended the protest said: “You can clearly see he is pointing the weapon at us. This is why they want complete and total disarmament of the civilian population. And in New Jersey, where the right is diminished, this should be a wake up call to even those that think only the government should have firearms……”

edit on 3/4/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You know, I thought CareWeMust was just posting some of the usual far fetched stuff, but this one struck gold.

It indeed does look like we are in his sights, however it's just too damn grainy.

All that has happened and knowing for a fact the hypocrisy of the Democrats, I want to say yes, they are indeed flagging them.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The same people who don't want you to protect yourself with a gun are protected by guns.

That's like telling people they should stay of off social media via social media

or a pimp telling his bottom *itch to put her hands down.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

He's holding the same optics the security detail is holding in your photo of the football game.

This is as bad as when people talk about assault ghost gun clipazines.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No way to tell which it is from that photo, so benefit of the doubt goes to the police IMO. A non-story no doubt. Had me concerned for a moment though.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If only we could pass a law/bill that made candidates live by there so-called beliefs/standards.

Wouldn't that be a hoot if these dickheads had to maintain the same moral high grounds they pretend to occupy.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Camden, New Jersey?

Can’t blame her. I mean if you can’t be strapped then you certainly want someone covering you that can be.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Spotting scope my ass...

Spotting scopes are not typically heavy enough or designed in such a way that they need to be supported from the beneath.

If he were using optics alone, his hand positions would be much closer to his face and parallel to one another, however they are clearly supporting an object at a lower point than his head position. In my opinion, the optics he is looking through are mounted onto something..!!!

The guy in this image, is definitely holding a firearm.

By the looks of his hand positions, an SRS (or a similar compact rifle), which would make sense due to the proximity of the protesters nearby.

edit on 4-3-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I would bet a good sum that this happens all the time with rallies/crowds..moreso in the last decade.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

really - then why does my spotter scopeweigh 1.75kg - and like every scope i have ever owned - have a std tripod mount thread plate on the body ?

you cannot maintain a clear view hand held at hi magnification

good scopes are heavy - because glass not plastic optics and metal not plastic body

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

really - then why does my spotter scopeweigh 1.75kg - and like every scope i have ever owned - have a std tripod mount thread plate on the body ?

you cannot maintain a clear view hand held at hi magnification

good scopes are heavy - because glass not plastic optics and metal not plastic body

Firstly, 1.75kg is not that heavy (even for extended periods), as specially for a physically fit special ops law enforcement/military/private security operative, trained and conditioned to take on these endeavors for extended periods of time.

Secondly, why would he be using a larger, heavier long range spotter from a rooftop no less than 100 meters (probably less), that would require him to support it in such a way that his hands are positioned in this image. Even with a tripod mount, his hand positions are all too wrong. The idea behind these ops is concealment and inconspicuousy. A small, lightweight and short range spotter, binoculars or even a rangefinder would be more than sufficient. In fact if they were simply just scanning the crowd to spot potential trouble makers, they would more likely be just using a pair of binoculars rather than a scope. Binoculars are for scanning, scopes are for pinpointing..!!

His hand positions have all the hallmarks of him holding a weapon and not a scope of any kind, which suggest to me that he was looking for potential targets and not trouble makers.

One other thing that leads me to believe he is a sniper, is that there is another dude on that roof with him. That other guy is the spotter, sitting slightly behind him and most likely directing the snipers actions while he remains focused through the targeting scope..!!

Also, why are they wearing tactical gear and urban camo's (you can quite plainly see that in both the regular and zoomed image).. A little over the top if they are just normal police officers on the roof, scanning the crowd for trouble.

They were a tactical unit and that is an undeniable fact.!!

No point trying to defend it, they are caught red handed..!!

Now, having said all that...

I have no issue with federal or state governments having ready and waiting snipers on rooftops at rallies and other gatherings in case of emergencies.

The problem I do have with it is seeing a sniper actively aiming a readied weapon at a crowd of civilians without any due course or authority to do so...!!
edit on 5-3-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Firstly, 1.75kg is not that heavy (even for extended periods), as specially for a physically fit special ops law enforcement/military/private security operative, trained and conditioned to take on these endeavors for extended periods of time.

Hey look! It’s a webpage full of military snipers using spotting scopes with tripods! You’re absolutely right: they’re trained to sit on scope for hours at a time which is why they do things like use tripods and chairs to make it easier on themselves.

Secondly, why would he be using a larger, heavier long range spotter from a rooftop no less than 100 meters (probably less), that would require him to support it in such a way that his hands are positioned in this image. Even with a tripod mount, his hand positions are all too wrong. The idea behind these ops is concealment and inconspicuousy. A small, lightweight and short range spotter, binoculars or even a rangefinder would be more than sufficient. In fact if they were simply just scanning the crowd to spot potential trouble makers, they would more likely be just using a pair of binoculars rather than a scope. Binoculars are for scanning, scopes are for pinpointing..!!

He would be using a spotting scope so that he’s not pointing a gun at people. In the link above there are multiple pictures of spotters using two hands on their scope, even when it’s tripoded. But let’s run with your question: why in the world would he be using a rifle scope with an objective lens that huge? His FOV would be minuscule at that range. He’d be looking at buttons on people’s jackets, not people. The idea behind “these ops” is to watch the crowd. They’re low profile in an out of the way position. The size of their scope isn’t going to give them away any more than their profiles will against the sky.

One other thing that leads me to believe he is a sniper, is that there is another dude on that roof with him. That other guy is the spotter, sitting slightly behind him and most likely directing the snipers actions while he remains focused through the targeting scope..!!

Nobody is questioning if they’re snipers or not. The question is whether they’re pointing guns at people.

Also, why are they wearing tactical gear and urban camo's (you can quite plainly see that in both the regular and zoomed image).. A little over the top if they are just normal police officers on the roof, scanning the crowd for trouble.

Probably because they’re not regular police officers but are part of a tactical team?

They were a tactical unit and that is an undeniable fact.!!

It’s such a fact that the chief even said it. Way to break that story wide open though!

For somebody who’s trying to appear as if you’re an expert on all this, you sure don’t seem to know much about it.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
With everything being said about this, one or more things remain very true, most importantly that those who want to take away guns from law abiding citizens, (and already have to some extent), will themselves still be the ones who have armed protection.
Why is that? Just ask any dictator, ask Kim Un even. What happens when they have historically taken them? Millions die and/or are oppressed who now have no recourse.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So people are so scared of polosi that they are now spreading rumors that she is ordering security teams to point their guns at citizens.....

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You kinda proved my point for me..lol

That web page shows a whole bunch of soldiers using spotting scopes in just the way I described. And what do you know..!?!

Most of the ones actually using firearms on the same page, all have the same hand positions as the guy in the main image and none of the scope users seem to be (even when using both hands)...lol

As a matter of fact, one of the images on the first page, shows a sniper and his spotter together.. The image was captured in a near exact angle to the one in the OP and their relative stances and hand/head positions in relation to the equipment are identical to the original pic..lol

Maybe I am not a expert in military's procedures and applications, but I am trained to be observant and having military vets (who are experts), giving their opinions on the original pic confirming what is plainly visible to all but a few deniers, pretty much seals it..lol

As for the police chief.. What would you expect him to say when he gets caught with his pants down.. That's a no brainer..!!

Get over it.. They were caught and that's all there is to it..!!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You kinda proved my point for me..lol

Lol the only point proven was you have next to zero concept of what you’re talking about.

That web page shows a whole bunch of soldiers using spotting scopes in just the way I described. And what do you know..!?!

And it shows a bunch of others using them in the manner I described. It’s almost as if there’s no one single method one can use lol

Most of the ones actually using firearms on the same page, all have the same hand positions as the guy in the main image and none of the scope users seem to be (even when using both hands)...lol

Except all the guys with two hands on their spotting scopes are doing exactly that lol

As a matter of fact, one of the images on the first page, shows a sniper and his spotter together.. The image was captured in a near exact angle to the one in the OP and their relative stances and hand/head positions in relation to the equipment are identical to the original pic..lol

It’s almost as if a sniper and his spotter or cover man typically adopt the same, or nearly the same, position whenever they set up to shoot lol

Maybe I am not a expert

That’s all you had to say lol

As for the police chief.. What would you expect him to say when he gets caught with his pants down.. That's a no brainer..!!

Or...y’know, when a bunch of people who can’t tell the difference between the objective lens of a spotting scope and a sniper scope start making wild claims lol

Get over it.. They were caught and that's all there is to it..!!

Caught using a spotting scope, those wily bastards lol

Lol. Lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

OK, what ever..

I'm sick of arguing with someone whom obviously is an actual world renowned expert on the subject..

Man. I'd bet if the guy had stood up, waved the gun around and fired a few rounds into the air, you'd still be telling people it was a scope..lol

You win.. all the stars and flags for u mate..

new topics

top topics

join