It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy closing all schools due to Coronavirus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is this panic? Is this necessary?

I know there are a lot of people that aren't "worried". For some reason when I see an entire country shut down all, not some, but all their schools
that tells me there is more to this than we are being told.

www.cnn.com...

Azzolina said on her Twitter that the "prudent" decision was not a simple one and that the government waited for expert opinion.

I didn't want to be concerned until I could see what was happening outside of China. Now that it has been a few weeks, we are seeing rapid spread.

In the US Lawmakers just approved 8.3 BILLION dollars in aid for coronavirus. That sure is a lot of money for something to not be worried about...
edit on 4-3-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well, 20% of the people who get this may need weeks of hospitalization and there are only so many beds, and ventilators to go around.

In my opinion, you should be concerned.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wonder how much pork is in that bill.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I thought I heard Japan had already closed schools for a month.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I think it's stalling, so we can learn more about it and prepare. More cautious than panic.

We've come a long way in medicine... But it still takes a lot of time for scientists to understand new viruses and bacteria. Mapping them, animal testing, and human studies on wide demographics doesn't happen in just a few months.

Sometimes they don't have a good grip on it till it's already ran a seasonal course. Even then we still get things wrong only to discover later after that.

No one knows and I think that's what scares people.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

In the US Lawmakers just approved 8.3 BILLION dollars in aid for coronavirus. That sure is a lot of money for something to not be worried about...

Rest assured there will be anti virus squads injecting the populace for "protective measures" very soon and some of that money will be a shot in the arm for big pharma.

Sorry about the metaphors...it's a disease we terminally corny have to bare. We don't have any cures as of yet, just self medication with drugs and cheap whisky.

edit on 4-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If cheap whiskey is the cure I am definatly prepared. a reply to: olaru12

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

In the UK the BBC news channel was today talking about reports from Northern Italy,with doctors saying their health service was "becoming overwhelmed"by the number of patients,and that certain doctors estimated that there were already between 10-20 thousand people infected in Italy(way more than the official amount of nearlr 3000).

The BBC news are reknowned for playing things like this down(some may say even under reporting),as it seems their number one priority is to prevent panic-which is why I thought "Holy crap that sounds serious if the BBC are reporting it."
I have no link but It was on their news channel.

The problem is,if the hospitals are jammed up with virus patients-how many people will die of otherwise preventable conditions due to lack of room/doctors and nurses to see patients.
So its a nightmare for anyone who needs emergency treatment,even if they don't have the virus.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem like the countries most worried about the coronavirus are the ones with "free" government healthcare?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

So its a nightmare for anyone who needs emergency treatment,even if they don't have the virus.

There were reports in China that anyone that went to the hospital with any issues besides coronavirus was out of luck, that is pretty scary.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Canada does not give two sh#ts about the virus. All the RN's here don't even know about it or that it is even airborne. They keep telling people to stop stocking up and to not wear gloves or masks.

It's hilarious.

The Country I live in is absolutely retarded. And I cannot wait to watch it burn to the ground.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

I haven't found this to be true at all. We're at the childrens hospital regularly and they're well versed in everything.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Italy should have closed all schools two weeks ago.

America is learning a lot about what to do and when just by watching the spread in other countries.

The area I live in has no known cases, but the school districts sent out a notice that they are deep-cleaning and sanatizing classrooms every weekend, with disinfecting protocols in place during the week. Schools across the nation should be doing this.

I don't think people should be 'asked' or 'urged' to self quarantine. I know too many people who would ignore that 'request'.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Well, 20% of the people who get this may need weeks of hospitalization and there are only so many beds, and ventilators to go around.

In my opinion, you should be concerned.

THIS, is the big deal. Overwhelming capacity and people choking to death at home if many are sick at the same time.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Maybe it's just the west then. My sister is an RN in BC and they know nothing. Given no info. Told to not worry.

Same thing is happening in Saskatchewan with the RN's as well.

Looks like it's just another "F the west" scenario as per usual. Friggen Liberals.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What purpose does worry serve? No one should be worried. People should make prudent preparations, but worry is a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Schools are a breeding ground for disease, just like any other place where people gather together in the same building regularly. Deep cleaning and disinfection protocols will do almost nothing, esp for the air borne pathogens.

The custodial crews will never clean everything daily or weekly, it isn't in the budget to cover the extra employees and overtime. It's already standard cleaning procedure to use disinfectant on the most obvious points of contact in the buildings, but not normally on playgrounds, bleachers and other areas. Plus the cleaning crews couldn't do much until the staff and students leave for the day, long after the germ ridden stinkers have spread their sickies to everyone in the building during the day.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Your post reminded me of this gem of a conversation. Somehow it seems apropos.

Tyler Durden: An exit door procedure at thirty thousand feet. Mm hm. The illusuion of safety
Ed Norton: Yeah, I guess so.
Tyler: You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?
Ed: So you can breathe.
Tyler: Oxygen gets you high. In a catostrophic emergency you're taking giant, panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric; docile. You accept your fate.

top topics

join