It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg drops out to endorse Biden

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Do you have a link that shows that? The stuff on Bernie's websites don't seem bad but i haven't read an independent analysis.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I have been saying Obama will pick Biden's VP. I said this in another thread but could not remember the name of the man Obama paraded out a couple of months ago. I finally found him:

But the politician personally closest to Obama is Deval Patrick. As several people in Obama’s inner circle have been saying to me for months before Patrick’s potential presidential candidacy leaked out on Monday, Biden originally came into the Obama fold as a matter of transactional politics, picked to balance the 2008 ticket; Patrick is an actual longtime friend based on mutual affinities. That Patrick seems poised to jump into the race at the last minute is the clearest sign yet of how much anxiety there is among Obama’s inner circle about Biden’s campaign. “Deval is a lot like Obama,” a former Obama aide told me. “People who were drawn to Obama would be drawn to Patrick.”

www.theatlantic.com...

I will bet the farm, this will be his VP pick if Biden wins the nomination. Patrick is black, wealthy, and Obama's man.

The Democrat Party has been losing much of the black vote. Maybe they are counting on Obama's guy to reign them back in.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Except Deval Patrick was running and got nowhere. If he was going to send a tingle up the leg of the black vote, don't you think he would have done it then?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I mean that might win Biden some votes but the guy is going to get destroyed in a debate by Trump. He just won't be able yo keep up with Trump's nicknames and insults. You really need someone who can give it to Trump right back.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tjack
Glad to know that you can't yet buy the presidential election. I didn't think so, but it's good to see first hand.

You can but he rushed it and he somehow managed to make Hillary look human when compared to him .

He is a perfect example of the consequences of having "yes sir" people surrounding you and being so far out of touch of most peoples reality.

edit on 40331America/ChicagoWed, 04 Mar 2020 14:40:23 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think he will be Biden's VP pick. He didn't have name recognition for the presidency, but, if Obama comes out with a very strong endorsement of Joe with Deval Patrick as VP, I think it could happen.

Joe won't last a year, then voila! Obama gets his man in there by hook or crook.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This past December Bloomberg explained why Joe Biden would not be a good president for America.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I think he will be Biden's VP pick. He didn't have name recognition for the presidency, but, if Obama comes out with a very strong endorsement of Joe with Deval Patrick as VP, I think it could happen.

Joe won't last a year, then voila! Obama gets his man in there by hook or crook.

I think Amendment 25 is highly likely. The idea is circulated thanks to the TDS plague. People won't twitch too much over it.

But you know it's coming if Hillary comes out as the Veep pick.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This past December Bloomberg explained why Joe Biden would not be a good president for America.

mobile.twitter.com...

I just cant wait for bernie to throw his support behind biden and hopefully the remaining supporters he has finally sees him for the sellout he is and how rigged the system is

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Creating a 4 percent income-based premium paid by employees, exempting the first $29,000 in income for a family of four.

Replacing the cap on the state and local tax deduction with an overall dollar cap of $50,000 for a married couple on all itemized deductions.

Imposing a 7.5 percent income-based premium paid by employers, exempting the first $1 million in payroll to protect small businesses.

Raising the top marginal income tax rate to 52% on income over $10 million.

BernieSanders.com

That's just for Medicare for all and I didn't even list all the taxes he proposed for it. I can even go further with the Green New Deal or Free college education or Housing for all, which all have their own ways of paying for them. Like tax our 401k's.
edit on 4-3-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Billionaire Democratic presidential hopeful Mike Bloomberg has abandoned his campaign after failing to win any of the 14 Super Tuesday primary states despite spending over $500 million

the veritable tidal wave of cash he poured into the race netted just 12 delegates

Source

Ouch. Michael Bloomberg has just dropped out after abysmal performance and is now endorsing Biden, neither of which should come as a surprise.

Just to let you know, your link does not work.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Creating a 4 percent income-based premium paid by employees, exempting the first $29,000 in income for a family of four.

Replacing the cap on the state and local tax deduction with an overall dollar cap of $50,000 for a married couple on all itemized deductions.

Imposing a 7.5 percent income-based premium paid by employers, exempting the first $1 million in payroll to protect small businesses.

Raising the top marginal income tax rate to 52% on income over $10 million.

BernieSanders.com

That's just for Medicare for all and I didn't even list all the taxes he proposed for it. I can even go further with the Green New Deal or Free college education or Housing for all, which all have their own ways of paying for them. Like tax our 401k's.

I don't see free college or housing for all passing through the congress and senate. Feel free to tell me im wrong but healthcare for all citizens seems like a good thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Do you have a link that shows that? The stuff on Bernie's websites don't seem bad but i haven't read an independent analysis.

Bernie spent his honeymoon in the Soviet Union, and last week during the debates it was clear he idolizes Fidel Castro.
The guys is a communist, and has been essentially his entire life.

I don't think anybody is voting for Biden, so much as they're voting against Bernie.

The real fun is going to come when the Dems try to prop up this senile old dotard (thanks, Kim!) against a take-no-prisoners guy like Trump.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ever hear of all those horror stories about the VA? Well, that is government-run healthcare and will be equivalent to that, but most likely much worse since we will be throwing 300+ million people on it instead of the minuscule amount that were using the VA.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

we will be throwing 300+ million people on it

That's not counting the tens of millions of illegal immigrants that are here. Remember, every one of the nominees raised their hand when asked if they would provide government paid healthcare for illegals.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: queenofswords

I think Amendment 25 is highly likely. The idea is circulated thanks to the TDS plague. People won't twitch too much over it.

But you know it's coming if Hillary comes out as the Veep pick.

How about a pre-emptive 25th Ammendment challenge to keep him off the ballot?

Joe Biden keeps forgetting what state he's in, what office he's running for, and (most recently) confused his sister with his wife. Do you really want this man in charge of our nuclear arsenal? If he was your dad, you'd ask the nursing home to put a tracking bracelet on him in case he wanders away.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Think of all the health care plans he could've funded with that colossal waste of money. To each their own I guess.

Think of what kind of charitable work could have been done with that much money. Instead, Bloomberg chose to spend over $500 million on a failed attempt at self-aggrandizement.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: M5xaz

$500 million for 12...$41,666,666.67 per delegate...heck, I would have voted for him for $42 million...not that it would have mattered.

Hell, I would have given him a vote for $20 million....because....uh.... a 50 % discount for handicapped dwarfs..riiighhtt....

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Biggest straw purchaser of guns in America...no discount.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join