It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 Virus - President Obama Let ONE THOUSAND Americans Die Before Taking Action.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Tuesday February 3, 2020

Democrat leaders (Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, etc.) are complaining that the Trump administration is "not doing enough" to combat what they're calling the "rapidly spreading and deadly CoronaVirus disease."

If President Trump is "not doing enough", how did they feel when President Barack Obama waited until ONE THOUSAND Americans had died, before taking any action?

In April 2009, H1N1 (the swine flu) was first detected in the U.S. According to the CDC, this “virus was a unique combination of influenza virus genes never previously identified in either animals or people.” Sounds almost like the descriptions we’ve been hearing of the coronavirus.

It began to spread immediately and President Obama addressed Americans briefly (1:27) at the end of April. He called on Americans to take the same precautions they would to prevent any other flu. “Wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough. Stay home from work if you’re sick.”

And he assured us the government would do whatever it takes to keep Americans safe.

By October, Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the CDC, declared: “Millions of people in the United States have been infected. At least 20,000 have been hospitalized. And more than 1,000 have died.”

President Obama finally declared H1N1 a public health emergency on October 24, 2009. He issued a statement: “The 2009 H1N1 pandemic continues to evolve. The rates of illness continue to rise rapidly within many communities across the nation, and the potential exists for the pandemic to overburden health care resources in some localities. Thus, in recognition of the continuing progression of the pandemic, and in further preparation as a nation, we are taking additional steps to facilitate our response.”

On November 12, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with H1N1 and 4,000 Americans had died.
Source: www.redstate.com... public-health-emergency

FAST FORWARD TO 2020... with President Donald J. Trump in charge of taking care of Americans.

On December 30, 2019, scientists in China “a cluster of patients with pneumonia of unknown etiology was observed in Wuhan, China, and reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) China bureau in Beijing.

A week later,January 7, 2020, a new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) was isolated from these patients.

On January 31, 2020, President Trump declared a public health emergency. USA Today reported that “quarantines of Americans who have recently been to certain parts of China” had been set up, “the first quarantine order issued by the federal government in over 50 years.”

Among the other steps taken:

The government began restricting U.S. access to non-citizens from China. Flights filled with U.S. citizens who were in Wuhan were brought to America and those people were quarantined on U.S. military bases for two weeks.

U.S. citizens who have been in China’s Hubei province during the past 14 days and are returning to the U.S. States will undergo health screenings and be monitored during mandatory quarantines of up to 14 days, officials said.

Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar also announced a temporary suspension of entry into the United States of foreign nationals who pose a risk for the transmission of the coronavirus.

All flights from China to the U.S. will be funneled to one of seven airports that are designated ports of entry: New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Chicago and Atlanta.
More at: www.redstate.com... public-health-emergency

This is just another example of how Democrats and the Mainstream Media allowed President Barack Obama to do almost anything he wanted, without complaining about his lack of caring, or his lack of accomplishments.

And, because Democrats were 100% immersed and fixated on Impeaching President Trump in January, he and his Administration had to unilaterally take proactive measures to protect Americans.

Instead of waiting 6 months for thousands of Americans to die, like the Obama Administration did, the Trump Administration began taking action just 3 weeks after the Pandemic was declared in China. But Democrat leaders have the GALL to complain that Trump's "not doing enough".

-CareWeMust

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Just hurry up and apply for a top level cabinet position already. If he can hire a 23 year old, surely your unwavering sycophantic loyalty will score you a spot.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Regardless of any facts to the contrary the dems will stick to a story line knowing the outright hypocrisy.
Unbelievable.

And the MSM back them up.

edit on 3-3-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

You cant dispute the OP's facts, I see.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I’m not disputing facts. I’m trolling the troll. Can we deal with the CURRENT chaos in the WH concerning the CURRENT pandemic unfolding in our country, or are we gonna ride the “whataboutism” pony until it’s dead....?

Like I just came in here because I just KNEW who the OP was gonna be based on this sham of a thread...

Carry on folks. I get it. Obama sucks and good riddance

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'll wait until we see the death count resulting from the Trump administration's failure to take testing seriously and botching the containment phase before I make judgement.

Hint: up to 60% of the population of the U.S. or more could get infected, and with a 3.5% death rate (recently updated by the WHO) that is at least 1% of the U.S. population dying - which, trust me, is way worse than 1,000 deaths.

Another hint: Whataboutism doesn't save lives, but it might end them if it keeps this administration from being held accountable for their mistakes in handling COVID-19.

What are you planning to do, criticize the Obama Administration so that they can do better next time? A bit late for that. They ain't the ones in charge here.
edit on 03pmTue, 03 Mar 2020 23:59:01 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I'll wait until we see the death count resulting from the Trump administration's failure to take testing seriously and botching the containment phase before I make judgement.

Hint: up to 60% of the population of the U.S. or more could get infected, and with a 3.5% death rate (recently updated by the WHO) that is at least 1% of the U.S. population dying - which, trust me, is way worse than 1,000 deaths.

Pretty much this. Tell me wise one, if he’s doing a much more bang-up job than Obama already, shouldn’t I be welded into my home as I write this?

Or is that too much. When TRUMP tells me XI is “working very very hard” I believe him right about then......
edit on 3-3-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Just hurry up and apply for a top level cabinet position already. If he can hire a 23 year old, surely your unwavering sycophantic loyalty will score you a spot.

Thank-you SlateSteam!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
Regardless of any facts to the contrary the dems will stick to a story line knowing the outright hypocrisy.
Unbelievable.

And the MSM back them up.

They've conspired with each other to Keep America down, but it's not working anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
pathetic. just sad political trolling instead of anything helpful. carry on.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
"Let no crises go to waste..."

That has been the Democrat position for decades.

I'm no George W. fan... but, he could have teleported survivors out of New Orleans, and the press would have crucified him anyway.

Obama got a pass on everything... no matter the outcome. Had Benghazi happened on Trump's watch? Mike Pompeo would be skinned alive... the MSM would televise it... live...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thank-you SlateSteam!
I will vouch and stuff! My only wish is we could have more Trump-praising threads here on ATS.
Such a shame Obama and HRC are a thing of the past,
I enjoyed the slow-burn of this site as it devolved into useless US politics. What happened to Bigfoot and stuff?

Look. I don’t hate Trump. Yes I do believe he’s lowered the bar on eloquence and for being statesman in the office of the Presidency. But the Left IS far worse. I just don’t need to be told how great he is at every turn. People like Grambler, and his steady even-handed reporting along with others and my own thinking/watching have helped me #walkaway on my own, of my own volition.

So I was surprised when I went to vote today and was still registered “D”...But yeah I’m a lazy American, and said don’t worry about it and voted Warren, as Trump’s gonna win anyway.
edit on 4-3-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
Obamas failures provided a good template for teaching President Trump what not to do. President Trump is not ungrateful. In fact, he thanked President Obama for leaving over 200 judicial vacancies.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

So he makes Pence the point man? The guy that f’d up the HIV crisis in his home state? Okaaaay. We should pray...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Obamas failures provided a good template for teaching President Trump what not to do. President Trump is not ungrateful. In fact, he thanked President Obama for leaving over 200 judicial vacancies.

I'm actually really glad that Trump learned from Obama's failures! But it hasn't helped him contain the virus. I hear he even defunded the CDC before the pandemic, which could explain their incompetence with testing and even making reliable test kits (they still don't have hardly any because they screwed up! Their first shipment was defective, and they still haven't fixed them!)

Luckily, Trump did allow universities and private corporations to develop kits on their own within the last week! I do give him credit for this! That is one way to use his political philosophy advantageously in this crisis. Even though it is a bit late...

Next up: we get to see first-hand why it is a bad idea to forget about making sure that people have affordable healthcare and making sure our healthcare system is up-to-par and funded.
edit on 04amWed, 04 Mar 2020 00:18:31 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Except the SOLE award for the contract to produce them has gone to QiaGen....

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
pathetic. just sad political trolling instead of anything helpful. carry on.

You feel that accurate comparisons amount to political trolling? Oh well, so noted.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Hmm? That's interesting, I actually don't believe that, for example, I know that the test kits in Washington State are being developed by a university in Seattle, whichever one that is. And my dad is a doctor for the U.S. government and told me that multitudes of different organizations are developing tests and that there isn't going to be any consistency.

But I am open to a source. You never know these days.
edit on 04amWed, 04 Mar 2020 00:20:32 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

So he makes Pence the point man? The guy that f’d up the HIV crisis in his home state? Okaaaay. We should pray...

Yes..Trump took action loooooong before 1,000 Americans died. The fact that you don't like Pence as the point man is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Obama would've let more die if he could've. He was gathering souls for Satan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join