It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lies the politics and liejunkies opinions on the matter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I made this post in another thread, the coronavirus updates 4 to be exact. I took a little out of it because it doesn't really pertain to my sentiment here and added a little here and there.

Bear with me and hear me out. I figured this comment would get axed for thread drift or something in the main thread. I put a lot of typing and thought into my feelings on the matter. So here it is.

You know why I picked the name Liejunkie01? 

Because everywhere you look, whenever you see news papers, internet articles, social media posts, person to person gossip, or any other form of communication, people eat it up. Like really, really love drama and everything that comes with it. It doesn't matter if it is a blatant lie, little white lie, or a stretch of the truth. People will take it and run a marathon with it and preach it as gospel. All the way to the mountain top, and then defend its "legitimacy" with life and limb. All the while there is someone out there who knows the truth and are ready to spread more manure to cover the fields. 

This is the whole virus situation. It may not be world ending bad, hell it may not even be as bad as some of us think it is. The problem is that we have been lied to for so long that you/me, or whomever, can't trust anything being told from all facets of government. 

Also for someone to say they do believe the governments word and buying all of the political drivel from one side or the other, is just denying themselves the opportunity to explore all information and decide for themselves what may be possible or "right". To be brainwashed into believing "yourside/their side" is the only right way has been proven throughout history as a losing hand to play, maybe winning in the short term, but long term it is a loser.

Now I have calmed down and accepted whatever happens, happens. I have put my family in the best possible position at the moment to proceed in life and and the pursuit of hapiness. 

But that doesn't mean that I cannot be pissed. I apologize for rambling on, but what the hell is going on here?

All I want is the truth. Maybe I would wish that I wasn't told the truth at the time, but I believe we should have the right to be told the truth.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

This is the whole virus situation. It may not be world ending bad, hell it may not even be as bad as some of us think it is.

Just wear a condom and wash your hands. That’s all any of us can really do.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The funny thing is that I have psoriasis on my hands.

If I wash them too much, they get real dry and break out. They make steroidal creams but it is only for after breakouts.

I'm gonna get this damned thing from washing my hands too much..lol
edit on 3-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: liejunkie01

This is the whole virus situation. It may not be world ending bad, hell it may not even be as bad as some of us think it is.

Just wear a condom and wash your hands. That’s all any of us can really do.

I had to quit washing my hands and wearing condoms. The concept was lost on me... I ended up looking like Edward Penis-hands.

The soap just made the latex more slippery. Mistakes were made. The paramedics were called...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I like to think that this is part of the post modern dilemma. This is post modern relativity. In this case it is subjective vs objective truth from a relativistic standpoint, making subjective truth just as, if not more valid, than objective truth.

Ultimately, from the post modern mindset, no one can, nor ever will know anything objectively as all we have, or could ever have, is our own subjective perception. Our mind's interpretation of reality is based on input from our senses and nervous system to our brain creating a subjective model that is far from objective reality.

A subjective truth wouldn't necessarily be considered a lie if it fits a commonly believed truth, but if the actual truth is an objective one, then the subjective truth is likely untrue. However, real truth becomes irrelevant because it is beyond the ability of our subjective models to comprehend, so all we have is subjective truth to work with. Because no one's subjective truth can be real truth, then all subjective truth is relative.

Ultimatley time will bring forth some truth about the corona virus. Either it will be a deadly extinction level pandemic, a plague the human race survives, or another common flu like disease. Eventually those who survive will have to except the truth as it is after the hype no longer works. The same could be said for something like the presidential race or pretty much any subject where people gather around differing opinions.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Tenth death here in the states.

10 dead

new topics

top topics

join