It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Damn Dumb are Humans, Anyway?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: schuyler

The virus isn't the problem. The people, spurred along by the MSM, are the problem. "I'm scared ATS!" Good Lord, what a wuss.

Do you suppose the citizens living in China, Italy or Iran feel the same way?

We do not have accurate numbers for those places. All we have are uneducated guesses based on zero facts. Also, if you want to compare the sanitation and eating habits of China and India versus the western world, be my guest.

How sad and ignorant of you.

...and yet how accurate. You seriously think there are direct comparisons to a first world nation and countries that squat over communal holes in the ground to crap, eat offal as a staple, and drink and bathe out of the same rivers they throw their dead into with a belief that some pantheon of multiarmed gods will keep them safe? Seriously? PC is fine and virtue signalling is grand when all your desired peers are watching you to see how globalistically pious you are, but common sense is still a thing.

Accurate?

Since when was ITALY considered a third world country?

How ignorant of you.

They don't call it sh'italy for nothin'.

edit on 4-3-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The virus isn't the problem. The people, spurred along by the MSM, are the problem. "I'm scared ATS!" Good Lord, what a wuss.

Do you suppose the citizens living in China, Italy or Iran feel the same way?

We do not have accurate numbers for those places. All we have are uneducated guesses based on zero facts. Also, if you want to compare the sanitation and eating habits of China and India versus the western world, be my guest.

How sad and ignorant of you.

...and yet how accurate. You seriously think there are direct comparisons to a first world nation and countries that squat over communal holes in the ground to crap, eat offal as a staple, and drink and bathe out of the same rivers they throw their dead into with a belief that some pantheon of multiarmed gods will keep them safe? Seriously? PC is fine and virtue signalling is grand when all your desired peers are watching you to see how globalistically pious you are, but common sense is still a thing.

Accurate?

Since when was ITALY considered a third world country?

How ignorant of you.

Have you only been to the nice parts of Italy? I'm not going to say it's a third world country, but there are definitely parts of Italy that aren't modern by any means. Even in some of the poorest areas of the US one can still live better than some of the better parts of Italy.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Eeewwww I forgot it was from there. I sure hope they dont claim that thing lmao

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ugh, I'm really tired of people comparing the fatalities of entrenched, established, ongoing maladies to a newly emerging disease, whose fatalities we're not even sure of, as tests have barely just begun, and nobody is really sure whether reporting is honest (and it certainly isn't complete.)

In the US, according to known, confirmed cases and deaths, the fatality rate is sitting around 8% right now - but the numbers are puny. How many "flu" deaths were actually Covid-19?

Regardless, if HIV infection hit 20% of the population, I wouldn't be worried. I'm not bareback railing strangers. I do, however, have to continue working, despite Chinese F1 visa students coughing into the air all over my office every other day. And then I visit and help out my parents a couple times a week - where my dad is recovering from what was just recently a life-threatening pulmonary ailment.

So yeah, its a much bigger deal to me than HIV, Tuberculosis, etc. Hopefully it fizzles out, but right now, its shutting down production of my product. Hoping it ramps back up before I run out of product to sell.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I agree with some of your sentiments.

Coronavirus should teach us some things, let's call them Logical Takeaways...
1. The United States must break it's dependency on foreign manufacturing. We need to get our damn house in order stateside. Seek out and eliminate with great prejudice any regulation or policy which oversteps common sense and pushes manufacturers out our doors. We also need to address the elephant in the room... unions, talk of a $15+ per hour federal minimum wage, and subsidizing people to allow them to say "no" to actual labor jobs must all go. We need to make the US self supporting again.
2. The United States needs far tighter borders and border policy. If you wish to enter the US for business reasons, then you should go through some hoops. If you wish to enter the US for personal or leisure reasons, welcome to a mandatory quarantine. Yes, these policies will crush the number of foreigners entering the US... but that's sort of the whole point of it and the end result will be highly beneficial to our security and prosperity.
3. The United States needs to say "no" to globalism in all of it's forms. Enough is enough. For centuries the gold standard for countries was isolationism, it worked and is far wiser than this globalist happy horsecrap tomfoolery we've allowed ourselves to be drug down by. If America is your home, live your home, otherwise, GTFO and stay TFO.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Ha!

I love your post... Even if it is comparing Apples to Banana's.

When someone drowns next to you, you can't catch that drowning and fall over dead :p
The TB is of concern for sure.

However, one thing I keep seeing repeated over and over is that everyone has near 100% belief in the honesty of the reporting of the CV.
I ask you and everyone else... Do you honestly think these numbers have been honestly reported with 100% transparency?

Does a country locked down almost 2/3's of their population over something not much worse than cold?
Does a country use all their crematoriums in a province (and potentially elsewhere) 24/7 for as little deaths as reported?
Does a country ship in 10's of portable incinerators to handle as few reported cases biological waste?
Does a country enforce the destruction of medical records and assessments over something as mild as a flu?

On this very site... I can't understand how there are so many people that just believe the official numbers.
It's like the site has gone from Conspiracy Theorist central to Propaganda Mouthpiece of (Insert Government/Corporation Here).

There is a lot of "Oh but that's just someones word on China, they've got an ulterior motive, you can't trust them", or "Take this rumour with pinch of salt".
Then there is the other half "CNN?? lol give me a real news source" and "MSM are biased and lie consistently".

Discernment is always key and you always read between the lines with anything official, Government or Corporation.
And there are PAGES between their narrative.
But overall, look at motives behind any information, be it truth, lies or somewhere in between.
Look to see who it will benefit most.

Does keeping the truth from the public re CV benefit the people (the people that will fall over dead from it) or does it benefit the Governments, Stock Markets, Insurance companies et c.

There is a very fine line about tell the people the truth and trying to keep your countries head above the water line.
But you can guaran-damn-tee that in todays age, if it comes to Government or the People, the people WILL lose out.
edit on 4/3/2020 by Sovaka because: Didn't like my greater/less than symbols.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Certainly agree with you on these points, and I really hope we make whatever changes needed to realistically enable greater supply chain independence. Or at least keep most of our needs either domestic or withour closest allies.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka

Perhaps if more people would use those "Fairy Floss Bombs" you advertise in your signature, the world would be a safer place to live and work and we wouldn't have to worry about governments and corporations fostering a viral outbreak on us.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks for the free advertisement? I guess?

Not sure where or how you pieced together what I said into your response?
It's my own small business...

Wouldn't you think I'd be more concerned about down playing CV severity for the sake of my business rather then telling it as how I see it?

I honestly don't know what you have a problem with here...

BTW, bath bombs are more for the experience and added pleasure a nice hot bath brings more than it helping you be clean.
.: EDIT :. Also... Thanks for reminding me to change my signature... I think that was my signature from almost the day I signed up to ATS. We've obviously created a small business now that uses that url. Before it was more of a personal blog sharing DIY/Homesteading/Survival info.
edit on 4/3/2020 by Sovaka because: Edit to Add

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka
Does a country locked down almost 2/3's of their population over something not much worse than cold?
Does a country use all their crematoriums in a province (and potentially elsewhere) 24/7 for as little deaths as reported?
Does a country ship in 10's of portable incinerators to handle as few reported cases biological waste?
Does a country enforce the destruction of medical records and assessments over something as mild as a flu?

Let me ask you this, would a country with the human rights track record of China jump on any plausible reason to lockdown their own country in a time of political turmoil and use something like an unusually aggressive flu as a cover for eliminating some of the many dissidents that have bedeviled them?

Stick the two on a scales and from where I stand the official story is about 50% and the above possibility seems to be about a 50% chance.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Oh absolutely.

But I haven't seen any posts coming out of China about how secret police/paramilitary units breaking down doors and taking scores of people.

I've seen posts about what life is like on the streets in the effected areas however.

Unless of course you're suggesting that China deployed this virus to hit those they don't like and be damned with the collateral damage?
edit on 4/3/2020 by Sovaka because: Keep forgetting crucial words in my sentences... wtf.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

We are hellbent on committing civilisation suicide.

'hey here's a bright idea, let's create a deadly virus to create a vaccine for the next deadly virus we create!' or even better 'mister Oppenheimer, this bomb of yours could ignite the atmosphere!' 'ah screw it we'll do it anyway.'

This coughing tiger hidden diarrhoea thing should not be politicised, but it will be because it's election season, and there is no better campaign than a fear campaign.

Because fear is control.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

How about lets include the number of people who died from the virus vs people who wouldn't have died if there was no virus.

That would be 100%

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

3. The United States needs to say "no" to globalism in all of it's forms.

Hah. You isolationists always end up on the wrong side of history.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

How about lets include the number of people who died from the virus vs people who wouldn't have died if there was no virus.

That would be 100%

You can play that card against all of these, though. If we didn't have cars, there'd be nobody dying in car accidents. I never said the virus is a nothing, I said the virus isn't worth freaking out over and isn't worth crushing our economy over.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There is clearly an agenda to make this virus worse than it actually is. Why? Who knows. We know the media is loving this. But even on this site, so many fear mongering threads about it, and how it's going to kill us all.

Funny thing is, most people who have spoken about having the virus said it's very mild, and some may have it and not realise because it's so mild.

Yea people have died, but thousand die the the flu every year. Mainly old people and people with other health conditions!

People need to chill and just get on with their lives!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
www.ft.com...

Apple supplier Foxconn said it expects its China-based production capacity to return to normal seasonal levels by the end of this month, as it steps up efforts to resume operations following the disruption due to the coronavirus.

In a call with investors on Tuesday, chairman Liu Young-way said that more than 50 per cent of the staff normally working at this time of year had returned to work.

www.scmp.com...

Over 90 per cent of China’s state-owned enterprises have resumed production, according to the state assets oversight agency, after fears over the economic impact of the coronavirus escalated with the announcement of economic data for February that was much weaker than expected.
The 48,000 subsidiaries under the 96 central government-owned firms supervised by the oversight agency have reported a 91.7 per cent work resumption rate, following the quarantine and work-from-home policies announced across the country in the past five weeks to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.

www.npr.org...

As new cases of coronavirus infection slow in China, the country is gradually getting back to work. Authorities and businesses are taking a range of measures: Local governments are chartering buses for workers. Some companies are buying out entire hotels to house quarantined staff. A temporarily shuttered movie studio is even loaning employees to factories that are short on labor.

www.nytimes.com...

More Traffic, Night Lights Show China's Factories Restart as New Virus Cases Drop

thedeepdive.ca...

Tilt Holdings (CSE: TILT) revealed this morning that the company had minor production issues associated with the coronavirus outbreak that occurred last month in China. While the company was not specific, it identified that its Jupiter Research subsidiary is “back online” following Chinese New Year and “minor delays” related to the novel coronavirus.

The company revealed that it still has inventory remaining at its Phoenix, Arizona warehouse from which it is fulfilling customer orders. The company did note that the coronavirus outbreak caused production delays for the firm at their Shenzhen factory, however the factory has now been operational since February 17.

We hope you enjoyed this year's episode of "PANIC ON THE STOCK MARKET." There will be no encore, instead please settle in for "DOW 30,000 BY THE BEGINNING OF SUMMER." Normalcy is returning, the steep sell off was not because Wall Street anticipated scores of dead or hospitals fuller than Mama Cass Elliot's coffin, it was entirely because they held off until the final days of February to capitalize their losses from a month+ of manufacturing shut down and things got a little out of hand. On the bright side, President Trump even got that steep Fed point cut he had been asking for, didn't he?
Oh yeah, you damn well better believe I went there. November is going to be a bloodbath, landslide reelection, Democrat party in tatters, people sneezing while someone nearby shouts "Oh! Coronavirus!!!" followed by a hearty group laugh. Strap in, kids... it's gonna be fun.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well, I'm very disappointed.

As for this virus.
I'm more worried about why they are "hyping" it so much, than the actual virus.

That's easy. Ever since the MSM become co-opted by the CIA in the 70's they (the MSM) are given their marching orders on what stories will headline and which will not.

This is nothing more than an intentional distraction and it's working as evidenced by the hyperventilating left's non-stop fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

a reply to: djz3ro

Your ATS account predates Trump by 5 years and you think my bravado stemmed from the "rise of the Right" and the installation of Trump? Have we met? I'm Burd, look at my material on this site from 10 years ago and realize a normal man's chest would have caved in years ago from the self abuse I put my sternum through. And just to gatekeep what you'll likely say to that, I see that arrogance is a virtue if you can back it up.

Sorry, I used your chest beating bravado as an example, by no means am I saying that all of your cheat beating bravado comes from Trump, nor am I saying that your bravado comes from him. I'm just saying this attitude has certainly become more prevalent under Trump and BawJaws.

At the end of the day, as flabbergasted as I can get with those who voted Tory in the UK, you won't hear or see me denigrate them or call them names. The decorum that politics once enjoyed is long gone...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: djz3ro

.......just remember the US and UK Left are very different, I'm a proud Lefty but in US terms it seems my politics are pretty Centrist...

Got to disagree with you here mate....anything leftist leaning is deeply frowned upon and in the good ol' US of A you would be stereotyped as a god damn pinko commie bastard.

Boris Johnson would be regarded as 'Centrist' in the States.

In my time on the boards here I've noticed that US Leftists are way, way more left than I am and the right doesn't seem so far away.

I remember when this Left/Right nonsense wasn't so fuzzy :-D

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join