It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Damn Dumb are Humans, Anyway?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Wow! Those numbers you posted are mind numbing.

Like telling Americans that the price of a gallon of gas is nothing compared to say a gallon of milk or a gallon of Nyquil.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So many of them are intelligent and caring human beings....but just one whiff of what they deem to be leftist and they seem to lose all sense of reasoning and have such a locked in perspective.

I think this is one of the truest comments I've ever read on ATS.
Because Americans fear the idea of the NHS, we're seen as some kind of quasi communist state.

edit on 4-3-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: schuyler
The virus isn't the problem. The people, spurred along by the MSM, are the problem. "I'm scared ATS!" Good Lord, what a wuss.

Do you suppose the citizens living in China, Italy or Iran feel the same way?

We do not have accurate numbers for those places. All we have are uneducated guesses based on zero facts. Also, if you want to compare the sanitation and eating habits of China and India versus the western world, be my guest.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

How very rude and wrong of you. shame on you.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Pretty much all of them. I only eat about once a day, but occasionally I'll go out with some friends to eat.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

How very rude and wrong of you. shame on you.

Now there's a post with no substance.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Like you calling a fellow member a "wussy" has substance?

Actually, yah, it has the substance and smell of a pile of crap.

You should not call a person who is worried about a serious thing a "wussy".

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Your ATS account predates Trump by 5 years and you think my bravado stemmed from the "rise of the Right" and the installation of Trump? Have we met? I'm Burd, look at my material on this site from 10 years ago and realize a normal man's chest would have caved in years ago from the self abuse I put my sternum through. And just to gatekeep what you'll likely say to that, I see that arrogance is a virtue if you can back it up.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Prediction: Dow up 4 figures tomorrow.

Ooh... would you look at that!

Scoreboard

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Like you calling a fellow member a "wussy" has substance?

Actually, yah, it has the substance and smell of a pile of crap.

You should not call a person who is worried about a serious thing a "wussy".

Ah! So I see you are triggered. Congratulations for getting all emotional over a post. My opinion, whether I have your approval or not, is that this virus thing is WAY overblown and that the problem is not so much the virus, but people's over reaction to it, as noted so eloquently by the OP. To have someone say "I'm scared" like some two year old looking for his mommy's lap for comfort strikes me as immature and downright stupid. So does your reaction.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I am hardly triggered by anything you have to say, but I think you are insensitive at the least.

A fellow human being and board member is sick and shares that he is worried and your reaction is to call them a "wussy".

You lack basic manners.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The virus isn't the problem. The people, spurred along by the MSM, are the problem. "I'm scared ATS!" Good Lord, what a wuss.

We do not have accurate numbers for those places. All we have are uneducated guesses based on zero facts. Also, if you want to compare the sanitation and eating habits of China and India versus the western world, be my guest.

How sad and ignorant of you.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

1200 point gain. Booyah! Lot of people got that bread today. Now let's get the supply chain worries resolved and get back to what America does better than anyone else on this planet: dominate.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

...and yet how accurate. You seriously think there are direct comparisons to a first world nation and countries that squat over communal holes in the ground to crap, eat offal as a staple, and drink and bathe out of the same rivers they throw their dead into with a belief that some pantheon of multiarmed gods will keep them safe? Seriously? PC is fine and virtue signalling is grand when all your desired peers are watching you to see how globalistically pious you are, but common sense is still a thing.

link   

Your modesty is underwhelming....

link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: underwerks

Not really.
There are a number of illnesses that will allow you to, quite literally, poo yourself to death as one becomes more and more dehydrated.
Not a pleasant way to go.

And a lot of those who die from it are babies and infants.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm known for my modesty and humbleness about as much as Bangor, Maine is known for their enchiladas.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

and older people whose immune systems aren't up to the challenge.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...and yet how accurate. You seriously think there are direct comparisons to a first world nation and countries that squat over communal holes in the ground to crap, eat offal as a staple, and drink and bathe out of the same rivers they throw their dead into with a belief that some pantheon of multiarmed gods will keep them safe? Seriously? PC is fine and virtue signalling is grand when all your desired peers are watching you to see how globalistically pious you are, but common sense is still a thing.

Accurate?

Since when was ITALY considered a third world country?

How ignorant of you.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

We do not have accurate numbers for those places. All we have are uneducated guesses based on zero facts.

This virus has become a political football. I wouldn't expect accurate numbers from the US govt. either.

There is some strange ass agenda in play now. Best to just follow the mandate of work, watch TV and stfu.

Preventive measures are called for however...I'm on a couple swigs of nyquil every hr. or so; seem to be working.

edit on 4-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join