It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Damn Dumb are Humans, Anyway?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yeah yeah yeah, I know we're supposed to be running around pissing our pants about the new pox du jour that's now reached our shores from some craphole in Asia. (A situation that's becoming all too common and making me long for the days of my childhood just a couple of decades ago when China was still viewed through glasses tinted by fu manchus, mysteries of the Orient, and a juvenile belief that every Chinese village had at least one actual dragon living in a pagoda surrounded by old men practicing kung fu 24/7. Perhaps Nixon really did get the last laugh, throwing open the doors to a market that probably would have served the world far better if kept locked up, but I digress...)

So Coronavirus, Covid-19, China Pox, Peking Pestilence, the Wu Flu, whatever people wish to call it has become our distraction of the week. It started distracting us from politics. With the Democrats taking just a brief moment from their incessant 3 and a half year bitch and whine festival and never ending witch hunts to actually take notice of the first non-imaginary thing that's caught their eye in years, a virus. OK, many of us dropped the ball and didn't anticipate that when that shiny thing caught their eye, they'd quickly grasp it and weave it into their Quilt of Never-ending Malaise and try to use it against the GOP because: losing an election in 2016 is hard to handle, STILL. But we did drop the ball and we underestimated their desperation and the levels of suck to which their merry little band of misfits, idjits, and losers running for POTUS would dredge, that actually happened and we shant be cleaning those piles off the carpet anytime soon. When SNIP got real, however, was when the Republicans allowed this virus to distract them from the actual underlying purpose of governments to begin with: securing their peoples' ability to make money hand over fist. (Yeah, sorry SJWs and other people more likely to wax poetic about the unfairness of life than actually stoop at the waist and do work to earn their pocket jingle, government doesn't exist to give you a bottle and wipe your little tushy for you, it exists to ensure 3 things are not effed with: Freedom, Commerce, and secure the country against enemies foreign and (looking at you, Comrade Sanders) domestic). Come the eff on, Conservatives! Now is the time to show those balls, let them swing proudly, instilling fear and feelings of insecurity in male liberals while forcing their women to hear the feminine lamentations of their own men while swooning over our right swinging grapefruit-sized metaphorical gonads. Prepare you house against chaos, then set your eyes on Wall Street and realize the following list is ALL you need to set your eyeballs upon...

Average Deaths per Day from Various Ailments, Accidents, and Assorted Asshatteries
MR. 305 WORLDWIDE STYLE

[ourworldindata.org...]Top 10 Causes of Death[/url]
150,000 people die per day on this spinning hell of a planet. That number includes...
49,000 deaths per day from cardiovascular disease
26,000 cancer deaths per day
18,000 upper/lower respirator deaths per day
6,900 Dementia deaths per day
6,5000 deaths per day from digestive disease
4,900 deaths per day from neonatal complications
4,300 deaths per day from diarrhea... yep, 4300 people crap themselves to death per day in this world.
3,700 deaths per day from diabetes
3,600 deaths per day from liver disease
3,400 deaths per day from car accidents
3,400 deaths per day from kidney failure/renal disease
3,200 deaths per day from tuberculosis... Yep, TB... WTF is this, Tombstone in the 1900s? TB is still a thing, apparently. Who knew (aside from, well, apparently the WHO)?

Since mid January, when this really got going, we've seen 3,168 deaths recorded from Covid-19. The above list has a dozen ailments that take more lives in a single day than this little bitch of a virus has claimed in nearly 2 months... where is the pandemonium in the stock market over the AIDS (which still claims 2,800 lives per day)? Why have investors not sold their entire portfolios at a 95% loss due to drownings (2,400 deaths per day)? Holy God, where is Wall Street's sanity to have been trading as normal weeks ago knowing that Hepatitis is out there (at 350 deaths per day, over the course of Covid's 7 weeks we'd already have 17,000 bodies rotting and waiting cremation (or clumsy interment in our Islamic friends' nations)? King County, WA average 235 Suicides per year... that means in the 6 days since what they're now considering the first Coronavirus death and today when they reported the 8th King County death, 4 people have killed themselves in King County, WA.

To the investors: Wake up, grow up, or GTFO of the way for people who realize that once we address future supply issues, this market has legs and want to run, baby.
To those afraid: Unless you're one of those who lose weeks of sleep over finding an odd mole on your pelvis or spend your summer days worried you're diabetic because you have dry mouth after sweating in the sun, there is no reason to treat this with the levels of fear we're seeing. Prepare your homes, yes, absolutely. Buy a goddamned lifetime supply of toilet paper if you are so compelled, as we all know in the apocalypse a clean anus is worth it's weight in gold... but aside from those common sense preparations, what's fear getting you other than lost sleep and a sense of grave anxiety?
To the virus itself: If you're reading this, well... first of all, if you're reading this then it means you've mutated impressively and we've got much greater concerns than the stock market and shiny anuses so well wiped one could eat off of them, but if you're reading this, bring it, bitch. You think you're bad ass, please, go square up with car accidents or neonatal complications and see if there's anything left of you before you come knocking for a title shot, poser. Go big or go TF back to the Chinese lab you snuck out of on a half eaten takeout box of kung pao chicken.

edit on 3-3-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Weakening supply chain reflects a lower bottom line and loss of investor confidence. Coupled with an almost 4 year run, makes for an easy exit decision.

That said, media and pundits are loving the pairing of an election year and kung flu.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Okay,
So, even Walt Disney wasn't made in a day.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The virus isn't the problem. The people, spurred along by the MSM, are the problem. "I'm scared ATS!" Good Lord, what a wuss.
edit on 3/3/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i think the numbers we are hearing from China are A LOT less than what is happening in reality.

They know this is a bioweapon and are keeping it under wraps to keep the world from completely panicking.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The virus isn't the problem. The people, spurred along by the MSM, are the problem. "I'm scared ATS!" Good Lord, what a wuss.

That's half right, social media is playing a much larger role in fanning the panic, the msm has been playing it down until this week.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, I'm very disappointed.

Your stats don't seem to include how many "Hold my beer" deaths happen everyday.

Because I would bet it's more than 1

As for this virus.
I'm more worried about why they are "hyping" it so much, than the actual virus.

That should concern everyone.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Harvard epidemiology professor Marc Lipsitch predicts that within the coming year, some 40 to 70% of people around the world will be infected with the COVID19 virus. The World Health Organization reports that @ 3.4% of people that catch COVID19 die. Medical Doctor Anthony S. Fauci, Director of NIAID, reports that up to 20% of people that catch COVID19 require hospitalization. If 50% of the USA catches it, potentially over 30 million people will require hospitalization within the next year. The USA currently only has @ 1 million hospital beds. With hospitals full of COVID19 patients, the numbers of causalities listed in the OP's link to the 'top 10 causes of death' list may all increase due to lack of hospital care/resources, exhausted by COVID19 patients. Wash your hands!

www.theatlantic.com...

www.who.int...

www.c-span.org.../user-clip-dr-a-fauci-15-20-contract-covid-19-coronavirus-require-advanced-medical-care

www.statista.com...

edit on 3-3-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Do you suppose the citizens living in China, Italy or Iran feel the same way?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Well, technically we could call this whole mess the "Hold my Corona" death count.
Hey China, y'all call that isht a pandemic, here, hold my Corona, you slack jawed saps and watch this
Well, there goes South Korea, showing off again...

Taken with perspective, very VERY little of what gets the average American's panties in a bunch is actually worthy of widespread angst. We rail about hot coffee that some spastic jackass granny can't transfer from her cup (which had "CAUTION: HOT!" printed on it) and her mouth, we ban chocolates filled with a toy because some waterhead somewhere is likely to consume the entire damn egg in a single bit and choke on the toy, we form entire investigative panels to try to determine why children are eating Tide Pods and then put warnings on the boxes to stop it... we've had an easy run, really. An era in which the biggest concern we had as a society was preventing the mentally retarded from burning themselves on the stove after multiple times of saying firmly "NO! HOT!" Now we get to deal with what our ancestors would have referred to as "a slight issue" and half the idiotic nation is ready to come unglued and piss the whole works down the commode. It's really a shame that these things tend to impact the smart and sane at the same rates as they thin the dumb and daffy, otherwise I'd just shrug this whole thing off to natural selection in action and ignore it entirely.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You know with all these people now having to bust their ass over this. This "Little-bit-stronger-cold" because the average human has placed themselves in this "Mr. Clean" bubble so thier immune systems are $hit. Now we're all supposed to lose our $hit over weak a$$ humans. You make others have to work harder and at the normal rate almost 7 left handed people die from using right handed tools. Now that number is 8 or 9 you ungrateful sobs.

Please op. I'm not trying to mock. You'probably more pissed than I am. And I am pissed. There's so many other things to worry about.It's amazing. Then there's this... this batflu.... some of you want to say this is man made and maybe in more ways then one it is. But its pathetically weak this virus. If some force from somewhere started this for population control or popularity control or destruction.... I could have done a better job and I'm a effing janitor. You can do the math... maybe but trees and zombie trees are what I'm worried about. Spoiler alert that's about 12 people a day just in the good ole U S of A.

Have a wonderful day everyone and may you all get your $hit together. FFS. FOS. FAS

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Go big or go TF back to the Chinese lab you snuck out of on a half eaten takeout box of kung pao chicken...

Seriously thinking of changing out that sig line down below... DOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
cowards. cows being farmed for fear.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The soundtrack for this effort of ball hanging...

(No joke, was actually what was playing entirely too loud on my headphones while typing the OP, so...)

Coronavirus... pffft.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The military is taking it seriously. www.kten.com...

I'm on the popcorn and cannabutter diet. Don't worry about us.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
30 Seconds in - The Best Cure for those who quiver in fear over minor threats, like CoronaFlu. (Or Trump being US President)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Yeah yeah yeah, I know we're supposed to be running around pissing our pants about the new pox du jour that's now reached our shores from some craphole in Asia.

We are ?

Uhhhh, I must have misread something...I thought we were the Deplorables, NOT the DEPENDSable.....and...is merely pissing in my pants good enough or do I have to absolutely, positively crap in my pants too ?

....Depends are good, but....I dunno.... some of my craps can be pretty big.....

Guy who REALLY needs to go wanna know...FAST ! ....

edit on 3-3-2020 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
They are just trying to scare everyone, this virus is not good, but it is not as bad as they imply it is. It is fearmongering and distraction. Someone wants us to give more money to the people who create both the poisons that mess up our immune system and the meds to cure the diseases they cause. Many meds creates a need for another med because of the side effects.

I would bet that a quarter of the deaths in the America come from Pharma drugs for treating a disease less of a problem than the meds cause. Some of the problems created by meds take many months to show their face after the medicine is started. Like statins, they usually cause problems with a vitamin D deficiency and also the cause Q10 to get low. They also cause the human squalene, which helps us to fight off disease, to get deficient. On top of that they can disrupt hormones because hormones are usually lipid based. If you take everything into consideration with the statins, overall it is worse than having high cholesterol.

But there are people that think a lot of us should die to solve the population problem, so I think that may think they are solving the problem.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that more people die every day from diarrhea than car accidents, but then again this is America.

KFC is a genocidal monster.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join