It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Stone Unhinged in Deposition

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Of late there seems to be increasing sentiment that the system has failed totally and that 'the good' will not reassert itself. There have been too many who see a tyrannical rule as some sort of solution to impending potential tyranny.

To be honest I think there was maybe 1/2 dozen in the FBI with an extra agenda, and I do think Obama in his very secret group had dealings with this small group in the FBI for political gains. I can tell you the FBI has not been clean as a whistle in the past, so something like this is not new, but our system has a tendency to correct back on course when the moral compass drifts some, and that is good.

We don't need strong leadership. We need leaders who will take direction from the people and can seek acceptable compromise to advantage the the many without disadvantaging the few. We need administrators who won't just seek to line their own pockets. The system was designed to elevate those people, but advertising and vested interests work against that in the modern world. We need to amend the old directives to encompass new technology and paradigms without loosing the basic rights.

Apologies, for getting a bit off topic political, but this is the 'political mud pit'.

Term limits help a good deal and having them in congress even if we made them 20 years would be better than what we have today. As for the bureaucrats we are finally seeing them more as the deep state, those who are not voted into office and can pull strings over decades of time.

edit on 4-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Roger Stone Unhinged in Deposition

If you compare personalities; Roger is the perfect sidekick for trump. trump should dump Pence and replace him with roger; it's a circus anyway, whats another clown more or less?
edit on 4-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite

What part of my statement was inaccurate?

Yeah, he was charged with threatening a person who claims he didn't take it as a threat too.
As I said before, there was no underlying crime. He's just an idiot and did exactly what they wanted him to do, except for make up dirt on Trump.

You don't think Brennan and Clapper should be treated the same way?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

The part where you claim it was just a perjury trap. No one "squeezed" him into threatening a witness and OF COURSE the witness who was threatened is going to claim he didn't feel threatened. That's the ENTIRE POINT of threatening him in the first place. Are you kidding me? Why threaten a witness if you did nothing wrong in the first place? And we're not talking about anyone else but ROGER STONE. Stop this whataboutism crap for once.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite

So you're a mind reader too? Even when a person, who was an associate of Stone, says he didn't take it as an actual threat, you know otherwise? No, you don't.
Like I said, he's an idiot. He lied about something that ISN'T A CRIME.
There wasn't an underlying crime.

You consider wanting equal justice under the law to be whataboutism? I already said Stone should have been prosecuted for lying to congress. So should Tapper and Brennan. The only reason they haven't been charged is because they aren't Trump associates and they weren't standing between the Mueller prosecutors and Trump.

I couldn't care less if you're interested in addressing a glaring inconsistency in the application of the law or not. I will say, though, if you don't think they should be prosecuted for the same crime, you're a hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: elDooberino
a reply to: chr0naut

I think he was guilty of the crime that he was charged with

Which was a process crime. He lied to congress about something that wasn't illegal. There was no underlying crime. I'm ok with him being charged for that. But if you're going to charge him with it, you have to charge people like Brennan and Clapper for doing the same thing in a much more consequential context.

It's called a perjury or process trap. He was put in a vice and squeezed, in hopes that he would commit perjury or provide some sort of dirt on Trump. He stupidly lied about something he didn't have to lie about.
This doesn't require some huge conspiracy, as you suggest. It only requires unethical prosecutors, as has been repeatedly demonstrated in the case of Andrew Weissman, and a sympathetic judge, which Stone's judge absolutely is.

I thought Stone was convicted on seven counts; including obstruction of an investigation, witness tampering and five counts of false statements (which included; to the DOJ investigators, to Congress, and to the Trump campaign).

Read the full indictment against Roger Stone, an informal Trump adviser - USA Today

edit on 4/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Which are all process crimes. No underlying crime

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

That's not "some ticks" .. that's Tardive Dyskenesia

So the Jury and Judge sentenced a mentally ill man to jail?

That's not very Progressive of them.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I thought this was an SNL skit..hilarious.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join