It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK supermarkets draw up plans to feed the nation as coronavirus spreads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
www.google.com... c-buying" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">https...://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/02/uk-supermarkets-braced-for-stockpiling-if-coronavirus-escalates-pani c-buying

This is a very interesting article showing that corporate bosses in the good industry are working with government and news agencies to counter panic buying and secure continued supplies.

They're slimming down ranges and concentrating on staples.

Be a good time to get some luxury items ?

Off the ticker tape :

Police may need to focus on more serious crimes and public order.

Johnson warns it's highly likely the virus will spread more widely

Army could also provide support to emergency services if needed

UK has stockpiles of medicines for the NHS and protective clothing

Overwhelming majority of those affected will experience only mild illness

Some non urgent care may be delayed to focus on coronavirus

It's looking from these reports we LL be facing it head on.

We re in a hood position in the UK because the government sensibly prepared for a no deal Brexit .

Spotting up news from other countries would be a good idea. One of our major supermarkets Asda is Walmart owned so you can be sure they'll be working similarly in the states .

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
www.google.com... c-buying" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">https...://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/02/uk-supermarkets-braced-for-stockpiling-if-coronavirus-escalates-pani c-buying

This is a very interesting article showing that corporate bosses in the good industry are working with government and news agencies to counter panic buying and secure continued supplies.

They're slimming down ranges and concentrating on staples.

Be a good time to get some luxury items ?

Off the ticker tape :

Police may need to focus on more serious crimes and public order.

Johnson warns it's highly likely the virus will spread more widely

Army could also provide support to emergency services if needed

UK has stockpiles of medicines for the NHS and protective clothing

Overwhelming majority of those affected will experience only mild illness

Some non urgent care may be delayed to focus on coronavirus

It's looking from these reports we LL be facing it head on.

We re in a hood position in the UK because the government sensibly prepared for a no deal Brexit .

Spotting up news from other countries would be a good idea. One of our major supermarkets Asda is Walmart owned so you can be sure they'll be working similarly in the states .

Putting in a per item limit would be a good place to start. Stop people buying up 200 loaves of bread.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Good for them!

We're not seeing empty shelves here (yet), but I do know my local Walmart is out of Lysol wipes as of this morning... and my usual brand of colloidal silver was out of stock when I tried to order it yesterday. Walmart was also out of humidifiers. I have one, but my son doesn't so I was going to pick one up for him.

I actually think the worst is behind us here in AZ, as the weather warms and the virus dies its natural death. But I also understand why folks are worried... some even panicking.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

simply quoted for its utter absurdity

as for the official govt " preparation " for N19COVID - i recieved a govt issue " guidelines " document - to " prepare " my reactions to my possible role in N19COVID relief efforts

and one " gem " is :

if i have to handle bodies - wear gloves and dont lick my fingers

i feel better prepared already - and totally confident in our " government "

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
how have you been here for two years and made numerous threads and dont know how to post a link?

No one click or even go to these sites, I have a feeling this is a bot account , theres no telling what kind of trackers those links have.

This poster is spam posting threads , w minimal content, and the links are super odd, like someone who doesnt speak English wrote them

CX

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Putting in a per item limit would be a good place to start. Stop people buying up 200 loaves of bread.

Agreed.

I went to my local town this morning and all stocks of hand sanitizer are stripped. The woman on the till said that as soon as they get it in, people by it by the case load.

Here's an idea then, just allow two per person like packs of tablets.

It's not rocket science.

CX.

new topics

top topics

join