It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corvid 19 and the california homeless population?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Here's a grim question. If corvid 19 gets into the california homeless population, all of those people who are in poor health with little or no access to basic sanitation, let alone care facilities, would it create a nightmare scenario that could lead to an unstoppable virus outbreak like in the movies that threatens the rest of the country, or would it essentially purge the weak and the sick. Culling the heard and leaving california stronger and healthier than ever?

Or possibly even both?

(post by TheGhoul removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Someones spreading it to every corner of the country. We have big problems other than the virus I would say.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Someones spreading it to every corner of the country. We have big problems other than the virus I would say.

No, it's not its the natural progression of a virus through the population. The only question is the severity and duration, nobody had seen the Swine Flu before and it killed thousands before and after it mutated. Now it's considered part of the normal flu and we have an inoculation.

Hell Id believe more that its a virus bug set loose from melting permafrost than somebody deliberately spreading a piss poor bioweapon. Not that TPTB won't take full advantage of it, Azar sowing a little panic in the public awaiting a vaccine for millions of people to use.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73

originally posted by: TheGhoul
It's too soon for that. Dems need them to vote in November. Also they are fighting something far more worse then batflu. The black death.

I have a cousin 'American' who is a teacher in Wuhan. She has been on lock down in her apartment since this all began. We speak to her daily on Instagram. Everyone there knows for 100% fact it came out of that lab. She has to be very very careful what she says and how she says it because she fears they will just come and take her and make her disappear.

Does she teach biology or genetic engineering, because I'd be interested to hear her explanation of it's genome. To the best of my knowledge nobody has published any evidence that this virus is man made or why China would release it in one of its own cities.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Yeah right, CNN gets a free pass with the "All Trump all the Time" format but when anyone else mentions politics it's instant Dr. Jekyll time...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I wouldn't expect the homeless population to impact the rate of spread, but my concern would be the aftermath of a mass die-off of the homeless -- literally homeless people dropping dead in the streets at a rate higher than could be properly managed. I would expect their malnutrition and exposure to the elements would leave them much weaker and unable to fight any virus or infection, hence a higher mortality rate among the homeless. The workforce as a whole would be vastly reduced due to being out sick, including those responsible for collecting and taking care of the dead. At that point, the Coronavirus issues would be compounded by the health risks (to everyone) of dead and decaying bodies littering the streets.

It would indeed be survival of the fittest.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It’s a similar situation here in Austin. There was a huge increase last year due to Mayor Adler basically inviting them here and allowing them to set up camp literally anywhere. So now the town is crawling.

I work downtown and the garage I use is one of the places they will sleep overnight; Including in the elevator, star wells, all over. I have wondered what will happen if and when it hits the homeless population and all the businesses and people they come into contact with.

I work for a software company and we are mostly digital so hopefully if it hits Austin (or when, I should say) we are able to telecommute.

I think the homeless population and the conditions surrounding their communities is a huge concern.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Because a virus doesn't spread on its own so it has to be something nefarious?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The homeless pose far greater risk to themselves than to the general public, as far as this virus is concerned.

Consider:

Most are unemployed, so they are not spreading the virus at work.

Homeless encampments are typically located away from areas the general public is likely to frequent. The exception being those who congregate in urban locations to beg, or are in transit to new camping sites. And the general public tends to give these congregations a wide berth, minimizing the likelihood of transmission.

Public transportation does pose a point of concern since the nature of this virus makes close confinement an increased risk of transmission, and the homeless are known to frequent public transit systems, especially in the cold months/climes, for warmth and shelter. But here again, the general public tend to avoid close proximity to those who appear to be homeless.

The general rule of “Touch nothing in public, and wash your hands!” applies.

As far as dealing with the sick and dead among the homeless, first responders already follow protocols to limit exposure and spread of disease. These efforts will only increase as the severity of this outbreak develops.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
I wouldn't expect the homeless population to impact the rate of spread, but my concern would be the aftermath of a mass die-off of the homeless -- literally homeless people dropping dead in the streets at a rate higher than could be properly managed.

You would think *sanctuary city* Management Teams have done disease spreading studies that will have foretold of this (obvious) outcome and have a 'ready steady go' plan in place.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

You would think *sanctuary city* Management Teams have done disease spreading studies that will have foretold of this (obvious) outcome and have a 'ready steady go' plan in place.

Indeed... it's probably filed with the Violent Crime Impact Assessment & Mitigation Plan and the Unlicensed Uninsured Drunk Driver's Liability Study & Restitution Program...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Hilarious. Victimhood studies can potentially become law.

edit on 3-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

join