It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Global Civilization

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesfreak

Yes, I learned to ignore his post, as most of the time as he has nothing to add. He is a stationary thinker who cannot get his mind around newer ideas.

As someone somewhere mentioned earlier "he sees rocks" where we do not. He has no interest in Atlantis, yet he will waste his time and ours posting about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak
Don’t bother with Harte’s reply, he’s just trying to get a rise out if you, notice he didn’t address any of your points about the maps, the real premise of your postings, no comment from him on that, as per usual.
No comment from him about the implications of sophisticated trading and knowledge of the existence of the americas

There was no need to go farther than the coconut claim.
Herodotus never made a map. The map shown is based on his description.
Other maps shown are fanciful at best.
Lastly, the claim is made that the Ancient Egyptians had a map of the Great Meteor Seamount. That map is not shown.
Do you wonder why, or do you not.

The YD impact event is an hypothesis. It hasn't been proven, and there is evidence against it. I'm open to it, though.

Now, I wonder if anyone can explain to me how Atlantis existed as a trade empire without leaving a single trace of their "trading?" Or, maybe, who they might have been trading with?

Plato described them as a Bronze Age society, so where's all their stuff that they traded? And where is the Atlantean tradition/myth in AE literature?

You call me a troll and in the same breath berate me for not debunking every, single sentence in a post? If I do that, am I still a troll?
How about you try and counter anything I've said in this thread, rather than things I haven't said. How many "trolls" provide nothing but established fact to counter dreamland claims like these?

Harte
edit on 3/13/2020 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You are a troll for your arrogant intolerance of other’s opinion.
You treat your opinion as fact without any reference other than your opinion.
You are in fact a conversation killer, otherwise known a a troll. So go shove it up your Lilliputian arse.
reply to: Harte

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FirePilotFilson
reply to: Harte
You are a troll for your arrogant intolerance of other’s opinion.

You mean opinions based on false information. False information that I've proven wrong dozens of times right here at this very forum.

originally posted by: FirePilotFilsonYou treat your opinion as fact without any reference other than your opinion.

I post references when required. I don't see others doing so. I used to always do so, but I feel that it's not necessary in order to counter some other person's unreferenced claim.

originally posted by: FirePilotFilson
You are in fact a conversation killer, otherwise known a a troll. So go shove it up your Lilliputian arse.

Uninformed "conversation" is just ignorance nodding at each other. That needs to be countered, you know. Someone else that reads these stupid posts might be inclined to believe them otherwise.

Besides that, that word you use - "troll" - it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Lastly, I have yet to call anyone here a derogatory name, yet you feel entirely free to do so.

Who is the "troll" here?

Harte

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

There was no need to go farther than the coconut claim. Herodotus never made a map. The map shown is based on his description. Other maps shown are fanciful at best. Lastly, the claim is made that the Ancient Egyptians had a map of the Great Meteor Seamount. That map is not shown. Do you wonder why, or do you not. The YD impact event is an hypothesis. It hasn't been proven, and there is evidence against it. I'm open to it, though. Now, I wonder if anyone can explain to me how Atlantis existed as a trade empire without leaving a single trace of their "trading?" Or, maybe, who they might have been trading with? Plato described them as a Bronze Age society, so where's all their stuff that they traded? And where is the Atlantean tradition/myth in AE literature? You call me a troll and in the same breath berate me for not debunking every, single sentence in a post? If I do that, am I still a troll? How about you try and counter anything I've said in this thread, rather than things I haven't said. How many "trolls" provide nothing but established fact to counter dreamland claims like these?

The YD event is a verifiable event , just check the Greenland ice cores and all other data , it’s only the mechanism which is being argued over , with the air burst ‘nuke’ events way out in front of any other evidence . A few more samples from around the world , it’ll be settled like the KT event . Then we will need a different perspective of our ancestors, and where they were up to before they got halted in their tracks.

I’m claiming nothing of Atlantis links with AE, I’m following Plato’s dating of 11,500 bp ish that’s way before AE were around . Supposedly.
We know very little of this old world, the end of the Pleistocene , it seems, was a true catastrophe a ‘reset’ on much of the landscape . Any ‘trade ‘ links with whichever settlements were on any coastline were done for , eradicated , decimated in this scenario . Very little , if nothing is there to find.
Think if you will how the YD evidence ties in with Plato’s dating as the second meltwater pulse.
The surprising thing for me from the maps post was the relatively shallow depths of the seamounts of the Azores .
Also the Azores is a ‘perfect storm’ laying on the join of three plates, it’s an isostatic weak point as proved by the shallow water fossils shoreline sand etc, the rocks pulled up that showed evidence of repeated isostasy , a sudden weight of meltwater from the ice sheets pushing down on the ocean floor, rise in sea level , the entire plateau has sunk beneath the waves, except for mountain tops .
We have to be open to the suggestion that Bronze Age cultures existed at that time , and were decimated by some staggering climate events possibly from an extraterrestrial source.
The Atlantis tale is specifically named by the writer as an ‘old world’ tale ,(implying knowledge of a previous version , a different age ) that correlates with verifiable climate events ; it needs looked at as more than mere allegory.

The Pawnee Natives in North America had a tale of their ancestors witnessing a thunderbolt from the heavens, they talk of Giant Beasts that roamed the earth ( the mega fauna ) that they co existed with, and how they were all swept into a giant flood of mud, how they were too big to get themselves out of the mud and they perished. They said that whenever they find bones , tusks embedded in the landscape , that these are the animals from the great mud flood.

They have a story that describes the geological evidence of North America at the end of the Pleistocene . They knew of the mega fauna and what type of material they are found in and how they died.
Do we dismiss this information as allegory , or well handed down stories from their studious oral tradition?
a reply to: Harte

edit on 13-3-2020 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I don't think people appreciate how impossible it is to hew hundreds to over thousands of ton blocks of granite, andesite, bluestone etc... manually.

Experts keep saying they're UNNECESSARILY massive and oversized.

It's impossible to pound them into perfectly tightfitting polygonal MEGALITHS... manually.

It's impossible to craft them into intricate symmetrical gigantic statues and structures...manually.

Engineers today say you'd need diamond tipped powertools to be able to replicate them if not computer aided machines.

They did this in massive volume.

Look at this part of a gigantic statue in red granite hewn at least almost 4K years ago.

How do you create that manually at least almost 4K years ago?

Then there's gobekli tepe that's at least 11K-12K years old.

It was deliberately buried. Why?

Why has no one posited the simplest explanation?

They knew there was going to be an impact and they wanted to protect gobekli tepe.

They knew there was no escape and they didn't have the means so they just buried it.

Maybe they've seen it before somewhere else a long time ago; they were done for.
edit on 14-3-2020 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Here is the Pawnee oral history tale regarding the end of the Pleistocene and the flood event that proceeded it.
Taken from the book “The cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes” by Firestone, West ( the guys who’s paper regarding YD impact proxies caused so much kerfuffle in geological academia .

Allegorical, or a pretty accurate description of the events we now know have occurred in North America??
The Pawnee are describing :
An Event -we know cataclysmic flooding occurred
Giant Animals - the mega fauna of North America
Death/extinction - they describe a plausible scenario, and describe the correct sediments that these animals are found in .

This great oral tradition would suggest that the Pawnee knew of the mega fauna before the ‘white man’ arrived, before ‘western’ science knew of them .
It also suggests they knew of the Pleistocene melt events and YD fall-out LONG before ‘western’ geologists deduced a parallel theory from the landscape evidence . Their ancestors Knew of these events .

But, we should take theses simplified, easily remembered stories as allegorical should we?
We should disrespect cultures worldwide who have recorded and kept orally stories of devastating climate events ?
As the evidence mounts for proving these ancient stories correct , we could be living through an extraordinary re-evaluation of this timeframe and human history .

Your continued asking of ‘where is it all then?’ is a distraction ; first of all , take a look at the awful photos of Hiroshima post blast . How much is there? Not much at all. Now imagine that post blast city being buried in metres of flood/meltwater . Then add 11,500 years of time , what might you find?
Just like your continued asking of ‘where are they ?’ in relation to any AE tooling like the 35ft saw blade that left behind its mark in granite.
Let me ask YOU , WHERE are the stone cutting tools,saws that were used when the great cathedrals were built in Europe some 900 years ago? We know they used saws, and quite probably circular saws, but WHERE ARE THEY? Show me one . You can’t .
Your question is a loaded one, but unfortunately , anyone who has followed this research, and who has half a brain , would know that there wouldn’t be much left, if at all ,after being ‘nuked’ from above , then flooded and buried, with an entirely new landscape emerging .

edit on 14-3-2020 by bluesfreak because: Pic edit

edit on 14-3-2020 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

brilliant post bud. with any luck ol' mate dennis in denial will stay distracted stomping his feet in a tanty coz " he's just a school teacher " has YT vids & his face graced these pages & quite rightly his does not. Man I bet that triggered some # when he seen that. Lol !!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reject
I don't think people appreciate how impossible it is to hew hundreds to over thousands of ton blocks of granite, andesite, bluestone etc... manually.

It's not impossible. All stones have a different hardness and a stone of one hardness (granite) can be pounded and shaped and smoothed by that same stone. That's why diamonds are cut and polished by other diamonds.

Experts keep saying they're UNNECESSARILY massive and oversized.

Which experts? Can you give me a link?

It's impossible to pound them into perfectly tightfitting polygonal MEGALITHS... manually.

Pounding wasn't the only technique. Saws were also used, as was grinding. And you can (as the example of grinding diamond with diamond dust shows) grind anything into fairly exact shapes.

Also, megaliths of many different types were made and some were very crude (I'm thinking of ancient hows and mounds.)

It's impossible to craft them into intricate symmetrical gigantic statues and structures...manually.

They had a nice system, involving saws and grids. You can find traces of these on unfinished statues and in workshops. Here's one example from Thebes of how they plan out a Djed pillar: www.metmuseum.org...

And one showing how they did wall reliefs: image.slidesharecdn.com...

How do you create that manually at least almost 4K years ago?

In a workshop, using saws and grinding stones and very hard copper chisels (an early form of bronze) and a lot of manpower.

Then there's gobekli tepe that's at least 11K-12K years old.

Which is crude compared to the Egyptian art and done in much softer stone.

It was deliberately buried. Why?

Why has no one posited the simplest explanation?

They knew there was going to be an impact and they wanted to protect gobekli tepe.

If so, they were TERRIBLE astronomers. If they could see a bolide large enough to make a significant impact (which is impossible without a good telescope and the ability to plot trajectories) then they'd know that Turkey was never anywhere near the impact zone or in any great danger.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

If so, they were TERRIBLE astronomers. If they could see a bolide large enough to make a significant impact (which is impossible without a good telescope and the ability to plot trajectories) then they'd know that Turkey was never anywhere near the impact zone or in any great danger.

Come on Byrd, that paper I linked to in Nature was impact/air burst proxies in Syria, RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Turkey!!!!!
Kind of all relates to post YD we see cultures emerge becoming ‘Sky watchers’ ,
Also makes you wonder why Comets are always viewed in our cultural dna as being bringers of doom/bad luck/omen.
The Cometary impact/multiple air burst theory seems to account for the different types of events found in the YD climate catastrophe episode, with one commonality, all YD layers thus found contain high levels of burning, carbonising, even the flood slurry layers in North America.
I urge you to get stuck in to the work of the Comet Research Group, fascinating stuff.
a reply to: Byrd

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Here is the Pawnee oral history tale regarding the end of the Pleistocene and the flood event that proceeded it.
Taken from the book “The cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes” by Firestone, West ( the guys who’s paper regarding YD impact proxies caused so much kerfuffle in geological academia .

Allegorical, or a pretty accurate description of the events we now know have occurred in North America??
The Pawnee are describing :
An Event -we know cataclysmic flooding occurred
Giant Animals - the mega fauna of North America
Death/extinction - they describe a plausible scenario, and describe the correct sediments that these animals are found in .

This great oral tradition would suggest that the Pawnee knew of the mega fauna before the ‘white man’ arrived, before ‘western’ science knew of them .
It also suggests they knew of the Pleistocene melt events and YD fall-out LONG before ‘western’ geologists deduced a parallel theory from the landscape evidence . Their ancestors Knew of these events .

But, we should take theses simplified, easily remembered stories as allegorical should we?
We should disrespect cultures worldwide who have recorded and kept orally stories of devastating climate events ?
As the evidence mounts for proving these ancient stories correct , we could be living through an extraordinary re-evaluation of this timeframe and human history .

Your continued asking of ‘where is it all then?’ is a distraction ; first of all , take a look at the awful photos of Hiroshima post blast . How much is there? Not much at all. Now imagine that post blast city being buried in metres of flood/meltwater . Then add 11,500 years of time , what might you find?
Just like your continued asking of ‘where are they ?’ in relation to any AE tooling like the 35ft saw blade that left behind its mark in granite.
Let me ask YOU , WHERE are the stone cutting tools,saws that were used when the great cathedrals were built in Europe some 900 years ago? We know they used saws, and quite probably circular saws, but WHERE ARE THEY? Show me one . You can’t .
Your question is a loaded one, but unfortunately , anyone who has followed this research, and who has half a brain , would know that there wouldn’t be much left, if at all ,after being ‘nuked’ from above , then flooded and buried, with an entirely new landscape emerging .

I wouldn't call it allegorical. More like mythic.

I think it's recognized that some oral histories of the Native Americans predate the Missoula floods, and other flooding episodes, that came from ice dams breaking.

However, the story you quoted above may have nothing to do with that. The story actually said they find giant bones washed out of the riverbeds and banks. The entire story could have arisen from those instances. You didn't mention that.

Harte.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: fotsyfots

brilliant post bud. with any luck ol' mate dennis in denial will stay distracted stomping his feet in a tanty coz " he's just a school teacher " has YT vids & his face graced these pages & quite rightly his does not. Man I bet that triggered some # when he seen that. Lol !!

I only come here once every day or two as it is. And turns out you were wrong about what I thought of that post, though I doubt you'll admit it.
LOL!!!

Harte

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
nope. looks like I was bang on!!!! mythic, palease !?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I wouldn't call it allegorical. More like mythic. I think it's recognized that some oral histories of the Native Americans predate the Missoula floods, and other flooding episodes, that came from ice dams breaking. However, the story you quoted above may have nothing to do with that. The story actually said they find giant bones washed out of the riverbeds and banks. The entire story could have arisen from those instances. You didn't mention that. Harte.

Strange then, how the tale is recounted as an eyewitness to the events.
Do tell me, at which recent point in North American history did ‘Giant’ creatures roam?
At which point in recent history was there an all encompassing flood event in North America?
This eyewitness account even describes the Giant Creatures as “Ugly” .
If the story is a made up myth, another incredible guess by uneducated hunter gatherers that these Animals were drowned in a flood , as these are the sediments they are found in .
The story even states the way they all gradually died, and also states they ALL died.

And by the way, the ‘ice dam’ theory is just that ,a gradualist theory devised before the YD proponents/evidence discovery of impact proxies , and the Hiawatha crater. It’s just a theory . looks like YOU forgot to mention that, instead of selling it as ‘fact’.

So just in the this thread we have looked at two stories that describe events , and events from a particular and matching timeframe, that when tested against scientific research , start to gain ‘hits’ :
Plato/Atlantis : Plato’s Atlantic landmass correlates with the Azores plateau , he describes its location, and when it happened : the date corresponding with known climate catastrophe - the Plateau has isostatically risen above and fallen below the surface in the recent past - proved by shore-line sand, shallow water fossils found deep in the Plateau. This combined with known sea level rise at the YD pulse B , an isostatic dropping of the sea floor , and Plato’s ‘Allegorical ‘ tale doesn’t look so allegorical .

The Pawnee story above- talks of the North American mega fauna (honestly , what other Giant Creatures could it be talking of?) Talks of a great flood that changed the landscape and annihilated them all.
Describes the creatures , describes a plausible death scenario in pyroclastic mud flows.
If the Pawnee weren’t witnesses to this event as you postulate, again, they show real knowledge of a science they shouldn’t know about .

Both of these stories relate to the same time period , and from different continents, and yet describe events that happened on those continents at the time frame given .
Pretty accurate for Myth.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

hopefully that should do it.......but i highly doubt it. i had a g/f years ago now ex that stood in front of me 2 feet away holding the money that i was accusing her of ripping out of my wallet as i quickly entered the room surprising her. looked me dead in the eye & said she would never do such a thing & then set about turning the entire event round on me being an a##hole for thinking that of her & accusing her. I can tell you with insight from experience with these sorts it's a classic narcisists personality trait & nothing will get through. Michael Chremo has a video out on YT discussing the traction he's gaining in scientific peer circles for the closed mind bias that does exist in the field EVEN gaining acceptance by sections of the mob & spoken at many peer invitational events on topic. AND another YT vid discussing the report you posted that stated many in the mob have conceded that this theory is evidence backed fact. Ol' mate still wont concede even when he's the last bogan clinging on to outdated theories coz for some narc. driven reason he's appointed himself as unofficial expert. He's a teacher I'll have you know !!! Pfffttttt !! Awesome info provided champ, I for one thank you for a well researched & enlightening post. Imagine how much further these fields would be in understanding our past if not for the egotist mindset pooh poohing evidence over the years that closed mind thinking wouldn't allow . sad really but hope this serves as a lesson to them all once it's a given across the board.
cheers

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
All the hard work has been done by the Comet Research Group ( including taking relentless flak for decades) loads to read also on ‘cosmic tusk’ website , , links to all research papers for and against on both.
Randall Carlson has been an important character in this research as his ‘polymath’ approach to research uncovers ‘crossover ‘ points in the compartmentalised system of modern science . Actually , his recall of papers and in general, anything he’s ever read, is remarkable .
All this stuff about RC being ‘just a teacher’ is more mud throwing against him, I think he’s actually a very successful architect who also has geology qualifications? Obviously a highly intelligent guy, and actually , the bringing together of multi discipline research results has been essential in building a fuller picture of our planet 11,500 years ago, I truly commend his thorough work and research over the the decades.
I’m siding with the ‘Catastrophists’ for this episode in earth and our ancestors history, as the huge body of evidence they provide and continue to provide speaks for itself .
a reply to: fotsyfots

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I wouldn't call it allegorical. More like mythic. I think it's recognized that some oral histories of the Native Americans predate the Missoula floods, and other flooding episodes, that came from ice dams breaking. However, the story you quoted above may have nothing to do with that. The story actually said they find giant bones washed out of the riverbeds and banks. The entire story could have arisen from those instances. You didn't mention that. Harte.

Strange then, how the tale is recounted as an eyewitness to the events.
Do tell me, at which recent point in North American history did ‘Giant’ creatures roam?
At which point in recent history was there an all encompassing flood event in North America?
This eyewitness account even describes the Giant Creatures as “Ugly” .
If the story is a made up myth, another incredible guess by uneducated hunter gatherers that these Animals were drowned in a flood , as these are the sediments they are found in .
The story even states the way they all gradually died, and also states they ALL died.

The story also states that humans came after and they had never witnessed these creatures, but had seen bones washed out of riverbeds and banks.

Bones of mammoths, etc. remain in the ground until they are washed out. The Natives had no knowledge about the deposition of soil over time and, since the bones were supposedly seen along a river, it would be natural for them to think they had died in a flood. And, as I pointed out, maybe they did. There were enough glacial floods to kill off some of the large mammals that existed in N.A. 15k years ago.

originally posted by: bluesfreakAnd by the way, the ‘ice dam’ theory is just that ,a gradualist theory devised before the YD proponents/evidence discovery of impact proxies , and the Hiawatha crater. It’s just a theory . looks like YOU forgot to mention that, instead of selling it as ‘fact’.

Sorry, you're full of it here.
Ice dam flooding has been established for quite some time now. It's even been witnessed.
In fact, glacial lakes are being monitored as we speak to try to mitigate the destruction when the ice dams holding them back break.

The Missoula floods are unquestionably the result of ice dams breaking. Or, would you postulate a series of impacts over a 2 thousand year period? That's what we know about those particular floods - they occurred periodically, not all at once.

originally posted by: bluesfreakSo just in the this thread we have looked at two stories that describe events , and events from a particular and matching timeframe, that when tested against scientific research , start to gain ‘hits’ :
Plato/Atlantis : Plato’s Atlantic landmass correlates with the Azores plateau , he describes its location, and when it happened : the date corresponding with known climate catastrophe - the Plateau has isostatically risen above and fallen below the surface in the recent past - proved by shore-line sand, shallow water fossils found deep in the Plateau. This combined with known sea level rise at the YD pulse B , an isostatic dropping of the sea floor , and Plato’s ‘Allegorical ‘ tale doesn’t look so allegorical .

Obviously, you don't think geologists know the difference between a seamount and a sunken continent.
Also, these seamounts have been underwater for millions of years, not 12,000 years, so there's nothing that can relate to Atlantis there (or anywhere else for that matter,) unless Atlantis was the current Azores Islands.

The Azores are steep-sided volcanic seamounts that drop rapidly 1000 meters (about 3300 feet) to a plateau.[76] Cores taken from the plateau and other evidence shows that this area has been an undersea plateau for millions of years.[77][78] Ancient indicators, i.e. relict beaches, marine deposits, and wave cut-terraces, of Pleistocene shorelines and sea level show that the Azores Islands have not subsided to any significant degree. Instead, they demonstrate that some of these islands have actually risen during the Late and Middle Pleistocene. This is evidenced by relict, Pleistocene wave-cut platforms and beach sediments that now lie well above current sea level. For example, they have been found on Flores Island at elevations of 15-20, 35-45, ~100, and ~250 meters above current sea level.[79]

Wiki (with citations)

The Pawnee story above- talks of the North American mega fauna (honestly , what other Giant Creatures could it be talking of?) Talks of a great flood that changed the landscape and annihilated them all.
Describes the creatures , describes a plausible death scenario in pyroclastic mud flows.
If the Pawnee weren’t witnesses to this event as you postulate, again, they show real knowledge of a science they shouldn’t know about .

And all I'm saying is that the above is not necessarily true.
Giant bones can inspire descriptions of strange creature. For example, elephant skulls in Greece inspiring the stories of the Cyclops.

Both of these stories relate to the same time period , and from different continents, and yet describe events that happened on those continents at the time frame given .
Pretty accurate for Myth.

What other story and continent (other than North America) are you talking about here? Surely you don't mean Atlantis?

Harte

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: fotsyfots
nope. looks like I was bang on!!!! mythic, palease !?

Can you not understand the following sentence?

I think it's recognized that some oral histories of the Native Americans predate the Missoula floods, and other flooding episodes, that came from ice dams breaking.

Now,

For a few thousand years prior to their extinction, Columbian mammoths coexisted in North America with Paleoamericans – the first humans to inhabit the Americas – who hunted them for food, used their bones for making tools, and depicted them in ancient art

Wiki

And will you now state that no myths can be created about such things over a ten thousand year oral tradition?

You're just trolling if I have to explain that to you.

Harte

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I am sure you are aware of the nodules the stick out of the rocks at some megalithic sites. They are found in quarried rock and built into the architecture too. No body know what they are for or why they are used. There is a commanility here aswell. This is found world wide and points towards common ancestry.

I put a thread up a while ago about tunnels under the Sphinx. I had peeps come on and say thats not the case. No evidence in AE to support it.

I recently watched a video of R. Temple going down into these tunnels and photographing them. We are blanltly being lied to. This text book history narrative does not cut the mustard anymore.

Happy days

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The story also states that humans came after and they had never witnessed these creatures, but had seen bones washed out of riverbeds and banks.

The story also doesn’t say that the god Tiwara TOLD the humans the story of their pre history either , so how would they know?

Bones of mammoths, etc. remain in the ground until they are washed out. The Natives had no knowledge about the deposition of soil over time and, since the bones were supposedly seen along a river, it would be natural for them to think they had died in a flood. And, as I pointed out, maybe they did. There were enough glacial floods to kill off some of the large mammals that existed in N.A. 15k years ago.

Most Mammoths found , regardless of where, are inside a flood mud layer that contains trees, birds, plants, smaller animals - a cataclysmic deluge. The remains survive because they are entombed in an anaerobic environment, sealed in by the mud.
The Pawnee description is , for me , far too detailed regarding the flood event than to have been dreamt up.

Sorry, you're full of it here. Ice dam flooding has been established for quite some time now. It's even been witnessed. In fact, glacial lakes are being monitored as we speak to try to mitigate the destruction when the ice dams holding them back break.

Yes, I didn’t make myself clear there, what I meant was that the ice dam theory doesn’t stack up as the ONLY possible mechanism in the YD climate events.
The proponents of cometary fragment impacts INTO the ice sheets themselves , or multiple air burst Tunguska-type events over them imply some instantaneous vaporising on a cataclysmic level , the calculations done regarding water volume passing over the Scablands indicate substantially more volume at a high rate on a WAY shorter timescale than ice dam gradualism.

Obviously, you don't think geologists know the difference between a seamount and a sunken continent. Also, these seamounts have been underwater for millions of years, not 12,000 years, so there's nothing that can relate to Atlantis there (or anywhere else for that matter,) unless Atlantis was the current Azores Islands.

Always a snarky comment in somewhere , eh Harte? Well, I’ll have to check , but I believe the Benade paper alludes to ‘recent ‘ timeframes for the Pleistocene shore line evidence, refuting that Wiki source.
I also believe in that paper they discovered Granitic continental rock in the Azores plateau also .
You’re also negating to consider the isostacy in the Atlantic sea floor believed to have occurred when the ice cap weight reduces- the land rises up again,(basically all of Canada for a start) causing a drop elsewhere , in this case , the mid Atlantic ridge I believe.

What other story and continent (other than North America) are you talking about here? Surely you don't mean Atlantis?

Let me clarify - both stories relate to the same period, and verified climate event.
Each story is from a different continent - Europe and North America in this instance.
Each story describes an event that we know had happened : huge meltwater pulse at 11,500 bp in the Atlantic - huge earthquakes etc, we truly don’t know the effect of the combination of isostacy and sea level rise at this time and what was going on in the Azores plateau as there are conflicting datings regarding its geological past .
Next, describing the Mega fauna and their destruction in NA , and the mechanism that wiped them out.
Stories an ocean away from each other , both as compelling, both describing verifiable climate events.

edit on 15-3-2020 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join