It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Hard Facts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've been follwing the Corona Virus Updates thread from day 1 and have recieved a great deal of useful information as a result. That being said, it has become so full of personal accounts, theories, and prep advice that I can no longer keep up with the enormous amount of posts. I think we all know that this virus is well established and most likely coming to all of our backyards soon enough. The point of this thead is to do away with opinions and speculation and stick to the COLD HARD FACTS. Numbers of infected, deaths, rate of spread, mutations, divergent strains, vaccines, and treatments, actions being taken by governments to slow the spread, etc. This thread should have very few replies to posts because we're only posting hard info. And PLEASE KEEP RELIGION AND POLITICS OUT OF IT!

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BPilgrim

You would think you would post a few hard facts to start us off.

At least a link?

S&F

Increasing evidence shows that coronavriruses are not always confined to the respiratory tract and that they may also invade the central nervous system inducing neurological diseases. The infection of SARS‐CoV has been reported in the brains from both patients and experimental animals, where the brainstem was heavily infected.

The neuroinvasive potential of SARS‐CoV2 may be at least partially responsible for the respiratory failure of COVID‐19 patients

edit on 2-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: add link

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Touche. I haven't been a source of many hard facts and am thus in debt to those that are and have contributed to the Cornona Virus Updates thread started by Agit8tedchop. In truth, the idea is all I have to contribute beyond copying and pasting from the other thread. I'm sincerely hoping that some of those aformentioned contributors see the need for a more focused thread and contribute here. This thread may be short lived...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
O K...Wash state has two deaths in the same area....kirkland....where I got a ticket once for 650 bucks.....and

They were not traveling out and about....
A group of student nurses goes through there often.....now what got? Our pecker in our hand!![

4 more...just noeditby]edit on 2-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

6 deaths...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You want the official numbers they are here

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
BNO NEWS live updates

I see something troubling about the numbers.

All other countries with about the same amount of cases as the US have a lot lower death rate.

edit on 2-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Lots of people in the U.S. are recovering. But the MSM barely mentions it, or subtracts these people from their total number of infected. Has the U.S. medical profession stated how long the virus keeps one sick, on average? 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Lots of people in the U.S. are recovering. But the MSM barely mentions it, or subtracts these people from their total number of infected. Has the U.S. medical profession stated how long the virus keeps one sick, on average? 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks?

So you are saying there are no hard facts that we can trust.

I am with you there.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

The US isn't really testing and so aren't accounting for the hundreds or thousands of mild cases out in the wild. So far, the confirmed cases are those that can't be ignored and a large percentage of them are in an assisted living community with a much higher chance for fatality.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim

The US isn't really testing and so aren't accounting for the hundreds or thousands of mild cases out in the wild. So far, the confirmed cases are those that can't be ignored and a large percentage of them are in an assisted living community with a much higher chance for fatality.

So what Hard Facts are there?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I see your point. As far as overall numbers and deaths, probably very few hard facts. I think the reported cases and any info on the virus itself (orgin, means of transmission, recovery time, etc), is about as close to facts as we can get. I guess it's all speculation in the end. I wold love to have kept reading the other thread with about 80% of the posts cut out.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Washing your hands 5 times a day cuts your chance of infection by 45%. Try not to touch your eyes, nose, mouth, or any other area with mucous membranes.

Other than that, don’t go licking handrails in Chinatown.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
2 new cases in Georgia same family and household recently visited Italy. As in Fulton County Ga. will be interesting to see if this blossoms I wouldn't doubt it they have been home two weeks

2 new cases in Georgia
edit on 2-3-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Washing your hands 5 times a day cuts your chance of infection by 45%. Try not to touch your eyes, nose, mouth, or any other area with mucous membranes.

Other than that, don’t go licking handrails in Chinatown.

A hard fact I trust, thank you underwerks.

You forgot don't lick shrines in Iran.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Your source says 3.4% mortality rate. Fearmonger much? The spanish flu had only a 2.5% mortality rate and 50 million died of spanish flu. Are you sure your source is factual? This is scary because the R.0. value for the Spanish flu was only 1.8 (meaning each person infected would spread it to 1.8 people on average) whereas covid-19 has an R.0. Value of 6.6.

source

By the way the way they get that mortality rate doesnt make sense. Comparing the number of infected to the number dead is a logical fallacy. Some of those 90k infected will die too so that would add to the mortality rate.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

That is the official covid19 live update site, I can't help if you don't like the numbers...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Your source says 3.4% mortality rate. Fearmonger much? The spanish flu had only a 2.5% mortality rate and 50 million died of spanish flu. Are you sure your source is factual? This is scary because the R.0. value for the Spanish flu was only 1.8 (meaning each person infected would spread it to 1.8 people on average) whereas covid-19 has an R.0. Value of 6.6.

source

By the way the way they get that mortality rate doesnt make sense. Comparing the number of infected to the number dead is a logical fallacy. Some of those 90k infected will die too so that would add to the mortality rate.

Red Pill

www.who.int...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
So you are saying there are no hard facts that we can trust.I am with you there.

WHY only one star? Sounds dead on the money to me...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join