It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Joe Biden Just Inadvertently Deny God?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I know that there is already a thread on Joe Biden's most recent "gaffe" (and I put the word in quotes because this is going way beyond simple Bushesque mis-speak), but I want to take that discussion in a somewhat different direction. If the admins feel that this is redundant, I guess they'll just close the thread, but I believe my thought bears airing and discussion.

You've probably seen the video. I won't link to it here, but I do want to quote what he said verbatim and deconstruct it a bit. His exact words were:

We hold these truths to be self-evident; all men and women were created by the ... go ... you know ... you know, the thing.

Now, it's evident that he was paraphrasing the Declaration of Independence. That time-honored document opens with these words:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights...

Now, if we analyze those words, we see that there are some preconceptions on which they are based:
1. That there is a Creator who made the cosmos and the beings in it.
2. That said Creator by divine fiat established an order to the cosmos, indicated by the idea that the Creator had the authority, the power and the right to define the concept of equality and to endowy inalienable rights to members of that creation, and even between two members of that creation (men and women) that are, in many ways, not entirely equal to the race's perception.
3. To base the opening statements of the Declaration on these assumptions is to simply confess belief in a sovereign Creator - one would by default say God - who sets the rules for the cosmos that he made. (While the founding fathers may not have all been Christian, they were certainly, by and large, at least deists.)

Now whether you believe in that Creator or not (I happen to), you cannot deny that those ideas form the world-view on which the opening lines of the Declaration of Independence are based and saturate those words.

So, along comes Mr. Biden, a member of the tribe that celebrates a woman's "right" to destroy the life in her womb to satisfy her own felt need for liberty or freedom or whatever it is. Now,the argument against abortion is that every life is a life that bears as spark of that divine essence that created life in the first place and that no one has the "right" to place an arbitrary value on that life and do away with it if it is decided to be of little or no value to another life. The supposition of a divinely granted equality of all life says that all life is of value, male or female, self-sustaining or dependent, in the womb or out of the womb. Mr. Biden happily and thoughtlessly begins to quote a document that, as an American politician, he's heard quoted many times, but then he comes to a point that is philosophically and morally opposed to his personal convictions and those of his tribe: the part that says that:

1. All life has a divine source.
2. That that divine source by fiat grants equality of importance, certain inalienable rights and intrinsic, and a non-negotiable value to the life it has created.
3. That, by extension, that divine power possesses a sovereign authority over the creation and the lives it has brought into existence which gives said divine power the right, authority, power to make those principles part of his creation.

He simply couldn't say it! Whether consciously or unconsciously, he just couldn't confess that possibility! In order to not betray his tribe and his and their world view, he has to cut short that heretical statement and simply admit that, "you know, the thing" created men and women (as our friend pravdaseeker has pointed out elsewhere).

This sends chills down my spine. Are we are looking at a man who has delivered himself over to the order of Molech, a worldly religion that has no regard for life, that celebrates the spilling of the blood of children on the altar of narcissism? Sounds crazy? Maybe? Maybe I'm reading more into it than is wont, but this is a conspiracy forum, and those are the facts as I see them.

Discuss amongst yourselves. Mama just hollered that supper is ready.
:
edit on 2020 3 02 by incoserv because: oops!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

We hold these truths to be self-evident; all men and women were created by the ... go ... you know ... you know, the thing.

He started to say "God", but caught himself, because that would be wrong. It's "creator", but he couldn't remember the word for the "thing" that's not necessarily a religious "god" concept in a secular society.

He stumbled. He got the quote wrong.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."

edit on 2-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think you wrote a lot from the fact that Biden can't even remember one word like Creator. He is getting worst...He didn't say "the thing" as a main point, he stammered with his words looking for "The Creator" to just say.....the...thing...you know...

I don't think he could even comprehend your post...

edit on 2-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

He started to say "God", but caught himself, because that would be wrong. It's "creator", but he couldn't remember the word for the "thing" that's not necessarily a religious "god" concept in a secular society.

What else would you call that being? It is the source of all that exists. It defines life and the value of life. It is sovereign over it's creation, as expressed in the idea that it and it alone gives value to life, establishes the norms of equality and grants certain rights and no earthly sovereign has the right to deny.

How now? If there is a being that created the cosmos and the living things in it, and if that being has the authority as creator to define what is right and what are rights, how can that being now be God?

What would you call that being? And if you called that being by any other name, would it matter?

Please educate me.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Could be , and is that Toilet Paper I see Stuck to his Shoe ?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

What else would you call that being?

Natural law.

Who called it a being? Not the Declaration of Independence.
edit on 2-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I think you wrote a lot from the fact that Biden can't even remember one word like Creator. He is getting worst...He didn't say "the thing" as a main point, he stammered with his words looking for "The Creator" to just say.....the...thing...you know...

I don't think he could even comprehend your post...

You have a point there. But, as I said, it may have been a subconscious refusal.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So let me guess: You're triggered, right? You've taken yet another Biden gaffe and told us, at great length, about your religious beliefs. But the "Order of Molech"?? Really?? I'm just guessing that you weren't ever going to vote for Biden anyway, so really what you've got here is a nice rant that tells us a lot about you and not a lot about Biden other than he's having a bit of trouble on his feet, which we all kind of knew anyway. All his many gaffes tell me is that, if he does get elected, he won't actually be in charge, and will be more of a figurehead. And THAT has been true for a long time now.

So getting away from emotional reactions like yours, my idea is this, which is by no means the least bit original. Vote for the worst Democrat in the primaries that has no chance in hell of beating Trump in the General. And----Trump for the win. Now the debate, to me, anyway, is who is that person? Right now at this juncture I'm thinking Sanders because I suspect he will pick a sympatico running mate who is as bad as he is. I'm not sure, though, and am open to suggestions. Right now, to me, that's the prevailing issue.
edit on 3/2/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What else would you call that being?

Natural law.

Who called it a being? Not the Declaration of Independence.

Creator.

That implies an act of creation, an conscious act performed by a being that has the intellect, the ability and the authority to "endow." Endow means to give, bequeath or provide. Create and endow are both transitive verbs, meaning that something is doing something to something else.

A law cannot, of itself, create or endow. The law is what establishes the endowment, not what gives it or causes it.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Now if Biden had said, "He is getting worst." you'd be all over his case about it. See how easy it is to screw up like that?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Lol
Defending the human gaff machine will be quite a chore.
You ok with kids rubbing his legs too?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You can't be elected President of the United States of America unless you acknowledge GOD. Period. PERIOD. PERIOD!!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Reminds me of GHWB saying he was born again rather than being a Chistian knowing that he was born again in a skull and bones ceremony.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Better that you deny the existence of that which I believe, than force me to believe that which you believe.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar
How about just not putting your foot in your mouth?
Lol
How about that?
It really is that simple.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You can't be elected President of the United States of America unless you acknowledge GOD. Period. PERIOD. PERIOD!!

Where does it state that in the constitution?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

A law cannot, of itself, create or endow.

And yet, it does!

Galaxies being created and destroyed, stars exploding and creating planetary nurseries. solar systems with goldilocks zones, all through natural law.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

originally posted by: carewemust

Where does it state that in the constitution?

I'm not referring to manmade rules and laws. America would never elect an atheist.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler, if he does get elected, he won't actually be in charge, and will be more of a figurehead.

Yeah, Moloch will be in charge

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Bhadhidar
How about just not putting your foot in your mouth?
Lol
How about that?
It really is that simple.

“Covfefe” much?

Is it still “putting your foot in your mouth” when you write it in a tweet?
edit on 2-3-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join