It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Advice...Son Planning On Flying To Seattle For Spring Break W/Friend...Yes? No?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Does anyone live in or around Seattle, Washington? My son is planning to fly to Seattle with a friend on Spring break in two weeks. I've read that the Washington governor has issued a state emergency and that there are many people, including firefighters and police officers being quarantined. Just today, I've read that there are now six fatalities, with a few school closures and delays in public transportation. So, how bad is it there?

I feel that there's a strong chance that this coronavirus has been in the States since last November, because of infected individuals being able to fly from China to the US, before restrictions were in place. How many Americans came down with it back in December and January, and then recovered, thinking that all they had was the seasonal flu bug? So, perhaps this virus isn't as bad as the media is making it out to be.

However, as a parent, I'm concerned that there's a chance that my son and his friend will catch this virus and then spread it to their families and friends. Since the coronavirus symptoms can become serious with an older adult, or a person with a compromised immune system, I think I would like to err on the side of caution, in order to prevent others from catching it.

Would anyone recommend travel to the Seattle area in the next two weeks? My gut feeling, is that the coronavirus will continue to spread there and will force more people into quarantine. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
edit on 3/2/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'm not the guy to ask but being in a crowd of people during a pandemic seems like an obvious no.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

I'm not the guy to ask but being in a crowd of people during a pandemic seems like an obvious no.

Quoted for Truth.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

it really comes down to whether you believe it will be a pandemic or not. If its going to be a pandemic, nothing you do now or later matters. better to catch it now while medical isn't overwhelmed, then to catch it later when healthcare is in shambles. Go on spring break, have a blast, expect to be sick for 2 weeks, take multi vitamins and extra C and D, and go from there. Just remember, its slightly worse than the flu, so build your immune system up before you go, and that includes all your family. Thats my 2 cents. I don't think it can be stopped only controlled as to how my body is impacted.

Camain

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Why not? Has it really gotten to the point where is should disrupt our lives this much? I would still travel.

People die everywhere, everyday.

I went to Punta Cana when people were mysteriously dying at resorts, and I'm not still here.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
im hitting EDC Vegas in may. unless they cancel the greatest festival on american soil, im going.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Why not? Has it really gotten to the point where is should disrupt our lives this much? I would still travel.

I went to Punta Cana when people were mysteriously dying at resorts, and I'm not still here.

You're not still here?

This explains a lot!

edit on 2-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Seattle seems iffy at the moment, Id recommend another place its a big country

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If your son is basically healthy, I wouldn't worry as much about him getting it as I would that he'd get caught up in a quarantine order while he's there. I don't know what their travel plans are or where they plan on staying, but if the place shuts down while they're there, would they be able to afford to stay put for perhaps as many as six weeks?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I live in downtown Seattle, right in the SLU neighborhood (Amazonville).. Are you shying away due to the 6 deaths, or are you just worried about Coronavirus in general? I haven't really changed much in my day to day life in Seattle, and I'm pretty cautious.. My gf works at a hospital in downtown seattle too, so she sorta feels the pulse of the city from the medical side... Let me know if you have any questions specific, cause i pretty much know the city like the back of my hand living here.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I live near Seattle. The only thing bad here is an idiot governor doing the Panic R Us thing. There is nothing different here. there is no huge outbreak. One of the first guys to get sick was from Everett, north of Seattle. He is fully recovered. There have been three or four deaths attributed to the virus, a WHOLE LOT FEWER THAN HAVE DIED FROM NORMAL INFLUENZA.

This panic crap has got to stop. THAT is the problem.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I live in downtown Seattle, right in the SLU neighborhood (Amazonville).. Are you shying away due to the 6 deaths, or are you just worried about Coronavirus in general? I haven't really changed much in my day to day life in Seattle, and I'm pretty cautious.. My gf works at a hospital in downtown seattle too, so she sorta feels the pulse of the city from the medical side... Let me know if you have any questions specific, cause i pretty much know the city like the back of my hand living here.

Are you washing that back of your hand more frequently I hope? LOL, So what's your girlfriend say any scuttlebutt? My daughter visits Seattle all the time, loves it too.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I hear people saying they don't want their child joining the military because of the danger involved but the odds of them getting killed are worse on a commercial flight. I would say the same thing for this virus. Most people getting sick are recovering. Now, if your son is over 50, obese and dealing with other ailments probably a good idea to not to go anywhere but the gym.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Liquesence

You're not still here?

This explains a lot!

Yep.

Sarcasm, sweetie.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yeah, that is true, but if you're traveling and the order comes to shelter in place and you're in a hotel ... three to six weeks of that would not be a happy thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I live a few cities near Seattle, its like a 40 minute drive or ferry ride across. And I see nothing out of the ordinary in this whole area or in the whole of WA state that has happened since the 1990s, and long before that. It seems that every year or few years, people just make a big deal about nothing.

When and if there is any great threat? Well you will know it and wont have to ask questions.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

My daughter lives in lake Stevens WA. that's north of Seattle she told me today, that the family just got over the worst flu they ever had, the baby is still sick coughing up phlegm. Brought her to the doctor which was over run with sick people asked for her to have a test they said no take her home and watch for high fever.

I would say definitely NO!!!

Also her friend told her she went to emergence in Seattle today and that also was so full she left.
edit on 2-3-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2020 by Joeshiloh because: correction

School also closed today www.ktvb.com... bd6c
edit on 2-3-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Just tell him to avoid nursing homes while he is there and he should be ok.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I would not recommend that
at this time of planning.

I understand the pay more for
a ticket later concept.

We were just recommended
to not visit the Northwest at this time
even though we have considerable
family business there.

That is all I can further, as at this time
it can go either way.
S A A V Y ?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Why the hell would anyone do that? He knows there's a global plague and an unknown number of the people where he wants to go might be infected with it and you actually have to tell him it's a bad idea?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join