It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews "Resigned" after Me Too expose in GQ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Chris Matthews "resigned" after talking to the brass at MSNBC. That means they were pushing out of the door but they let him just resign or he resigned on air abruptly as a way to preempt the Network from firing him openly.

Either way, he was out of the door after this GQ article.

Like Warren, I Had My Own Sexist Run-In with Chris Matthews

The Hardball anchor frequently demeans women guests with objectifying and belittling comments, both on and off air.

www.gq.com...

It's funny because the article talks about Matthews and Erin Burnett which was mild.

But they didn't mention Matthews who was heard going crazy over Melania's walk on an open mic.

I support the Me Too movement but it can really go too far at times. For instance, I know a guy that kept asking a Woman out at work and she kept saying no. She eventually said yes and now they have been Married for 20 years with 2 kids. One of my best relationships happened with a girl I flirted with at work. Today, would my friend be accused of sexual harassment? Would I be accused of sexual harassment? Can you compliment a girl on her looks anymore?

Matthews did some things that went too far but a Month's suspension may have been warranted unless there were rape or groping allegations. Reading the article, I only see comments he made. Some of these comments crossed the line but again, maybe a long suspension without pay vs. termination.

edit on 2-3-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Buuuuuu byyyyyyyyyyy

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

That means they were pushing out of the door but they let him just resign or he resigned on air abruptly as a way to preempt the Network from firing him openly.

If that's the case, then he wasn't fired, as your thread title states, no?

Which means your thread title is a lie, and clickbait.

Because he resigned.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

That means they were pushing out of the door but they let him just resign or he resigned on air abruptly as a way to preempt the Network from firing him openly.

Because he resigned.

It's not a lie, it's called Resigning in lieu of being fired. It happens a lot but it ends up being the same thing. The only difference is it looks better on your resume'. It happened to me once, it's an easy way for businesses to avoid the hassle of being sued or fighting unemployment. It's still being fired, you no longer work there on the wishes of the employer.

edit on 2-3-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Hey , A Man has Needs . Propagating a Species is Hard Work . Cant Fault Chris for that ..........

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This is surprising because NBC and MSNBC historically (and proudly) employs bottom of the barrel riffraff.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Good. Hated that a-hole

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Because he resigned.

No, it's not clickbait. It would get click regardless.

He "Resigned" 3 days after an expose about his behavior appeared in GQ in the middle of the Democrat Primary and his contract wasn't up.

It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out what happened but since this will make you sleep better at night I changed the title of the thread.
edit on 2-3-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

This is surprising because NBC and MSNBC historically (and proudly) employs bottom of the barrel riffraff.

Yeah, but the Feminist came after Matthews after the article and you can't survive the slightest infraction in this environment.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Because he resigned.

No, it's not clickbait. It would get click regardless.

He "Resigned" 3 days after an expose about his behavior appeared in GQ in the middle of the Democrat Primary and his contract wasn't up.

It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out what happened but since this will make you sleep better at night I changed the title of the thread.

It wasn't a lie either, but some people just can't get through a day without being argumentative.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Because he resigned.

It's not a lie, it's called Resigning in lieu of being fired. It happens a lot but it ends up being the same thing. The only difference is it looks better on your resume'. It happened to me once, it's an easy way for businesses to avoid the hassle of being sued or fighting unemployment. It's still being fired, you no longer work there on the wishes of the employer.

Exactly!

Everybody knows Matthews isn't going to resign in a Presidential election year in the middle of a primary. He was fired and they let him save face by resigning.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Bye Bye chris!
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: carewemust

Yeah, but the Feminist came after Matthews after the article and you can't survive the slightest infraction in this environment.

Is that the group who wears pink hats that look like puzzies?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Kavanaugh did.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

t's not a lie, it's called Resigning in lieu of being fired.

Then—wait for it—if he resigned he wasn't fired.

You either resign or you're fired. Pretty simple.

Or is it the ol' "You can't fire me I quit!" Bs?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

t's not a lie, it's called Resigning in lieu of being fired.

Then—wait for it—if he resigned he wasn't fired.

You either resign or you're fired. Pretty simple.

Or is it the ol' "You can't fire me I quit!" Bs?

Are you debating the definition of the word "is", like a previously indicted president that lied under oath? It didn't work for him then, why would it work for you now?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I can't stand the guy but all it takes is an accusation to ruin a long career there days. An accusation is not proof of wrongdoing and it should scare every man out there knowing they could be next. All it takes is a single spiteful woman to ruin you.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   

For instance, I know a guy that kept asking a Woman out at work and she kept saying no. She eventually said yes and now they have been Married for 20 years with 2 kids.

I have to say...to me NO means NO. I have never been persistent in these situations. I kinda figure...If I have to talk her into it...that's not what I want. A woman that didnt want me in beginning, but eventually she agrees to my persistence with a thought..."what the hell, I dont have anything better to do".

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Exactly, many times ppl are given a "choice", but in reality there is no choice. It is a distinction without a difference.

Ultimately, the person is not going to be allowed to stay. That is being fired, no matter how liberals care to spin it.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

More than once he sounded drunk on air.
IDK.
I never liked his show anyway.

They yanked him during the first commercial break and put in Steve Kornacki who looked rather surprised and unprepared.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join