It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing members: How do you feel about being lied to about coronavirus?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The smell I was referring to was the "news", not you...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: face23785

If Trump discovered a cure for the virus the left would complain that his intrusion is costing scientists their jobs. If I have learned anything in the last 3 years it is that the left have shown an unreasonable attitude that borders and a lot of times crosses the crazy boundary. I for one believe that TDS is far more dangerous for this country than the virus.

As a purely hypothetical proposition, I will accept that if Trump discovered a cure for the virus then some on the left would complain about it if you will accept that there is zero chance that Trump will discover a cure.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatsmart
Outlets are telling us not to buy masks but officials are saying they work
Links to analyse:

Live press conference at 20 minutes he explains why usb respirators (like what we provide on our website) works: www.pscp.tv...

Forbes saying dont buy masks www.forbes.com...

CDC video on masks t.co...

t.co...

US department of safety on masks t.co...

Something is up and feels wrong, get some protection this advice is downright stupid

The reason they're telling people not to get masks is because most people simply don't need them. The virus isn't airborne, it's spread through contact, which masks won't help prevent.

People who know they are sick should wear a mask because it helps prevent them from expelling the droplets when they cough or sneeze onto surfaces. Other people touch these surfaces and then touch their eyes or mouth or whatever, and that's how they get the virus.

The person who received the virus in that case, a mask would've made no difference. Only the person transmitting the virus could've prevented that by wearing a mask.

ETA: And THIS is the kinda of stuff the media should be telling people, actually really important information that everyone should know and have explained to them, so the public understands it. Instead they're busy sensationalizing it for ratings. #ing media.
edit on 2 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I work at a hardware store. We sold out of masks 4 days ago. We won't be getting anymore in for the foreseeable future.

The government has confiscated all of the remaining supply.

Not Dem or Rep - just reporting what I'm seeing on the ground.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

I work at a hardware store. We sold out of masks 4 days ago. We won't be getting anymore in for the foreseeable future.

The government has confiscated all of the remaining supply.

Not Dem or Rep - just reporting what I'm seeing on the ground.

And the reason for that is because actual health sector workers need them. They are the ones that are most at risk to have someone sneeze or cough in their face, or otherwise get exposed to bodily fluids from an infected person. People buying up masks for no reason because of the needless panic generated by the media and the Democrats is actually hurting the healthcare community by making it harder for them to get enough masks.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Easily researched like the fact that Trump did NOT say the virus is a hoax?

Yes, he did though.

Watch. Second 29.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You've been lied to, plain and simple.

The only person lying about it is you, and all the right wingers here who either on purpose or unknowingly misunderstand what the Trump administration has actually done over the past few years. You all spout a narrative that “he only proposed cuts” when that isn’t even what anyone is talking about.

For one, he fired the entire Pandemic response team. That isn’t debatable. It actually happened.

Link

Secondly, he also shuttered PREDICT, which was designed to specifically address the type of virus we’re dealing with right now.

Last year, the USAID program known as PREDICT was shuttered. The initiative was launched in 2009 and designed to improve the “detection and discovery of zoonotic viruses with pandemic potential.” The program is credited with identifying nearly a thousand new zoonotic viruses, which are transmitted between animals and humans, and influencing the response effort currently being employed to combat the coronavirus, which is a zoonotic infection.

Link

That actually happened too. And isn’t debatable either. And those two examples aren’t even talking about the major screwup of putting Mike Pence, a man who famously said smoking doesn’t kill as head of the response team. It’s nothing but idiots leading idiots, being defended by morons.

Don’t think for a second that everyone else is as oblivious and as susceptible to propaganda as you right wingers are. The only people that believe these brain dead OPs are the ones who have long since given up any critical thinking and immersed themselves into Republican group think.

Have a nice day and wash your hands.

You're so brainwashed and full of #. Calling people liars when you're the one lying once again, you're news sources suck, you know the ones that are undebatable

Trump didn't didn't fire the Response Team the 'heads of the chain in command' abruptly quit, they weren't fired. I know all the lefty news networks are pushing the story but it's not entirely true. Heads of chain in command does not translate to the entire Response team being non existent.

“Fired” may be a little strong, but in 2018, top national security officials handling pandemics left abruptly and were not replaced by the Trump administration.

As far as Trump cutting the CDC that is also false. They actually have an increased budget from the year prior.

there’s no question that the Trump administration sought to cut key CDC budget categories that would be involved in emerging infections like coronavirus. But Bloomberg overlooks that, thanks to Congress, that funding was restored and even increased in bills that were ultimately signed by Trump.

www.politifact.com...

You can go back to your programming now.

edit on 2-3-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

And the reason for that is because actual health sector workers need them.

Correct!

They are the ones that are most at risk to have someone sneeze or cough in their face, or otherwise get exposed to bodily fluids from an infected person.

Correct!

People buying up masks for no reason because of the needless panic generated by the media

Correct!

And it's FOX NEWS and Rush Limbaugh and their ilk that are generating that panic.

Masks are needed for health-care and first-responders. The government has dibs on all of them.
That is the fact.

Yes. The FOX Viewers and Limbaugh Listeners

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yes, he did though.

Watch. Second 29.

At no point in that video, including at the 29-second mark, does he say the virus is a hoax. You are scum for blatantly lying like that.

How bout second 4 where he says they're politicizing the coronavirus? So they're politicizing he doesn't think exists? And he's gone out and done press conferences where he talks about how serious it is and how sick people are getting. And talks about that in his rallies? Because he thinks the virus is a hoax? A 2 minute clip from an hour rally where he repeatedly talks about the virus, which he clearly talks about as if it is real. He is merely saying the Democrat freak out over it is a hoax, and he's right.

You guys are so defunct on actual issues you have to invent nonsense like this and I'm telling you, it is absolutely destroying your party. Average people are absolutely fed up with this nonsense. Please, please, keep lying. You are getting Trump re-elected, and it's hilarious to watch.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

I haven't seen anyone on Fox lying and saying the virus is 20x deadlier than flu. Maybe you can send me a link. I have seen CNN's medical "expert" make that false claim.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Kansas Senator today

Republican Jerry Moran:

Monitoring Coronavirus
The threat of coronavirus is serious, and we need to be ready on all fronts to stop the spread of this virus.

This week, I spoke with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar regarding proposed funding to help provide medical services and quarantine locations to proactively stop the spread of this virus and the current progress towards generating a vaccine.

HHS and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) were successful in keeping our country safe from diseases like Ebola and Zika, and we can learn from these past experiences on how to be prepared for the coronavirus.

I also met with state and military leaders to discuss our state and military preparedness for a coronavirus outbreak. I will continue working with the administration and health officials to make certain we are supplying the resources necessary to help prevent this virus from spreading further.

Not a dem hoax.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I don't watch those "news" feeds.

I know I had a lady come into the store the other night to buy copper wire and alligator clips and was planning to make 'plasma' because Professor Keshe said to. He says (according to her) that 5 million people are already dead, and that the virus also has HIV, and that unless you stop eating sugar and make a copper coil in a solution of chemicals that you will succumb to this epidemic.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Trump didn't didn't fire the Response Team the 'heads of the chain in command' abruptly quit, they weren't fired.

VERY interesting, I searched every where to find the truth on that story but found nothing on it... I should have realized that since Snopes said they were fired, it could not be possibly true. I am surprised that Politifake says this, normally I don't believe a word they say, must have just slipped through the cracks...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Kansas Senator today

Republican Jerry Moran:

Monitoring Coronavirus
The threat of coronavirus is serious, and we need to be ready on all fronts to stop the spread of this virus.

This week, I spoke with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar regarding proposed funding to help provide medical services and quarantine locations to proactively stop the spread of this virus and the current progress towards generating a vaccine.

HHS and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) were successful in keeping our country safe from diseases like Ebola and Zika, and we can learn from these past experiences on how to be prepared for the coronavirus.

I also met with state and military leaders to discuss our state and military preparedness for a coronavirus outbreak. I will continue working with the administration and health officials to make certain we are supplying the resources necessary to help prevent this virus from spreading further.

Not a dem hoax.

Still waiting for anyone to link to where Trump says "Coronavirus is a Democrat hoax."

No one in the administration has said the virus is a hoax. Period. No one is suggesting we shouldn't treat it seriously. It IS being treated seriously. If you think it's not, you've been lied to and are spreading lies.

Get informed on the issue, please. This will keep you from embarrassing yourself.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I don't watch those "news" feeds.

I know I had a lady come into the store the other night to buy copper wire and alligator clips and was planning to make 'plasma' because Professor Keshe said to. He says (according to her) that 5 million people are already dead, and that the virus also has HIV, and that unless you stop eating sugar and make a copper coil in a solution of chemicals that you will succumb to this epidemic.

Who the hell is Professor Keshe?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Trump didn't didn't fire the Response Team the 'heads of the chain in command' abruptly quit, they weren't fired.

VERY interesting, I searched every where to find the truth on that story but found nothing on it... I should have realized that since Snopes said they were fired, it could not be possibly true. I am surprised that Politifake says this, normally I don't believe a word they say, must have just slipped through the cracks...

Funny thing is....their sources were CNN, AP, WP, CDC among some others. Sad how they manipulate our news and information even from their earlier stories.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Ahhhhh now I understand, they couldn't lie about it because someone else already let the cat out of the bag, as much as as they would like to.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Yes, he did though.

Watch. Second 29.

At no point in that video, including at the 29-second mark, does he say the virus is a hoax. You are scum for blatantly lying like that.

How bout second 4 where he says they're politicizing the coronavirus? So they're politicizing he doesn't think exists? And he's gone out and done press conferences where he talks about how serious it is and how sick people are getting. And talks about that in his rallies? Because he thinks the virus is a hoax? A 2 minute clip from an hour rally where he repeatedly talks about the virus, which he clearly talks about as if it is real. He is merely saying the Democrat freak out over it is a hoax, and he's right.

You guys are so defunct on actual issues you have to invent nonsense like this and I'm telling you, it is absolutely destroying your party. Average people are absolutely fed up with this nonsense. Please, please, keep lying. You are getting Trump re-elected, and it's hilarious to watch.

What do you think he is talking about when he says it's their new hoax in a speech about the virus ?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Funny thing is....their sources were CNN, AP, WP, CDC among some others. Sad how they manipulate our news and information even from their earlier stories.

Oh yeah, funny, isn't it? Like for how long hosts and pundits on CNN and the like would say Trump never acknowledged that Russia tried to interfere in the election, yet you could go back and find a CNN story literally stating that Trump acknowledged Russia tried to interfere in the election.

They know their viewers aren't there to think critically. Nothing they tell their viewers needs to be logically consistent. It just has to be what they want to hear.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: face23785

Yes, he did though.

Watch. Second 29.

What do you think he is talking about when he says it's their new hoax in a speech about the virus ?

Are you #ing serious? This has been explained 50 times. There's only so many ways I can explain it, and obviously no way to explain it in a way that you can understand. Until you're told by MSNBC that Trump didn't call the virus a hoax, you will believe he called the virus a hoax, despite him not having ever said that once and you having seen no evidence he ever said that.

I'll make you a deal, you start thinking for yourself and I'll explain it again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join