It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing members: How do you feel about being lied to about coronavirus?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've seen numerous left-wing members making outrageous claims they were spoon-fed by the media, such as that the nation is unprepared to respond to the virus, that Trump called the virus a hoax, that Trump defunded CDC and NIH, that Trump has undercut the nation's scientific community at the highest levels of government, and other such nonsense.

You've been lied to, plain and simple.

Regarding the unpreparedness, defunding of CDC/NIH, and the state of our scientific leadership, AP had this to say:

AP FACT CHECK: Democrats distort coronavirus readiness

MIKE BLOOMBERG: “There’s nobody here to figure out what the hell we should be doing. And he’s defunded — he’s defunded Centers for Disease Control, CDC, so we don’t have the organization we need. This is a very serious thing.” — debate Tuesday night.

JOE BIDEN, comparing the Obama-Biden administration with now: “We increased the budget of the CDC. We increased the NIH budget. ... He’s wiped all that out. ... He cut the funding for the entire effort.”

THE FACTS: They’re both wrong to say the agencies have seen their money cut. Bloomberg is repeating the false allegation in a new ad that states the U.S. is unprepared for the virus because of “reckless cuts” to the CDC. Trump’s budgets have proposed cuts to public health, only to be overruled by Congress, where there’s strong bipartisan support for agencies such as the CDC and NIH. Instead, financing has increased.

Furthermore, regarding the state of the scientific leadership:

“The CDC’s response has been excellent, as it has been in the past,” said John Auerbach, president of the nonpartisan Trust for America’s Health, which works with government at all levels to improve the nation’s response to high-risk health crises. Some Democrats have charged that Trump decimated the nation’s public health leadership, but Auerbach said CDC’s top scientific ranks have remained stable during the past three years.

So the budget cuts never took place, scientific leadership has been unaffected, preparation for epidemics and pandemics has not been affected. You were lied to about all of that.

Additionally, Trump did NOT call coronavirus a hoax. Numerous media outlets and personalities knowingly and purposefully spread this lie to people like you who are gullible and would spread it to others in your circle. You were lied to and used. Even Facebook labeled stories implying that Trump called the virus a hoax as "fake news."

At no point in the rally does Trump directly call the novel coronavirus outbreak a “hoax” or “conspiracy.” In fact, he refers to the respiratory virus as a “public health threat” and reiterates “we have to take it very, very seriously. That’s what we’re doing. We are preparing for the worst.”

Trump denied that he called the coronavirus a “hoax” in a Feb. 29 press conference. He said he was “referring to the action that they take to try and pin this on somebody because we’ve done such a good job. The hoax is on them. I’m not talking about what’s happening here. I’m talking what they’re doing. That’s the hoax,” according to NBC News.

You guys have been lied to and used as useful idiots, AGAIN. Just curious how you feel about being intentionally misled by Democrats and the media and whether this makes you reconsider whether to continue to swallow everything they feed you, no questions asked.

To be clear, I don't expect a real conversation from this. I know our usual left-wingers will be in here making excuses, dodging, deflecting, and doing whatever they can to avoid addressing the actual substance of the post, as usual. And, as usual, I'll just take this opportunity to remind you that you're helping Trump get re-elected. In the past, you could just push lies and the media would back you up. These days, people have access to other sources of information, and the media's BS gets debunked almost immediately. You guys really need to have a come-to-Jesus and develop a new strategy that doesn't involve mass lying, because that's not gonna work anymore. But I'm sure you'll just blame Russia and quadruple down on this nonsense.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

THE FACTS: They’re both wrong to say the agencies have seen their money cut. Bloomberg is repeating the false allegation in a new ad that states the U.S. is unprepared for the virus because of “reckless cuts” to the CDC. Trump’s budgets have proposed cuts to public health, only to be overruled by Congress, where there’s strong bipartisan support for agencies such as the CDC and NIH. Instead, financing has increased.

So he wanted to and tried to but checks and balances stopped it from happening in Congress.

You guys have been lied to and used as useful idiots, AGAIN. Just curious how you feel about being intentionally misled by Democrats and the media and whether this makes you reconsider whether to continue to swallow everything they feed you, no questions asked.

To be clear, I don't expect a real conversation from this. I know our usual left-wingers will be in here making excuses, dodging, deflecting, and doing whatever they can to avoid addressing the actual substance of the post, as usual. And, as usual, I'll just take this opportunity to remind you that you're helping Trump get re-elected. In the past, you could just push lies and the media would back you up. These days, people have access to other sources of information, and the media's BS gets debunked almost immediately. You guys really need to have a come-to-Jesus and develop a new strategy that doesn't involve mass lying, because that's not gonna work anymore. But I'm sure you'll just blame Russia and quadruple down on this nonsense.

I'm not exactly "left-wing" or politically active in the mud throwing spectacle that accomplishes nothing except a waste of time and star counts for the majority on the board.

You don't expect a real convo because there's probably a small handful of them and an army of like minded right-wingers about to chime in any second with well written posts about how your so right and collective left bashing will ensue with glee. It's more of a bait post to start another mob post trashing them. Does it ever get old is what I've wondered. Boring? Like are there other, more fulfilling or rewarding hobbies?

How can they develop a new strategy as ATS members when it's the big whigs in the party that determine everything? What are "they" going to do? Lol. Send strongly worded emails to the political campaigns and Congress with the thousands of others that they receive daily, only to get automated copy and paste style replies?

People can talk # to each other until they're blue in the face with every quote bracket imaginable but it'll make zero, I repeat, zero difference as to who will win the election.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well put together OP...but I don't think you'll hear much back of substance from our Left-wing friends on ATS.

They know they're being manipulated and lied to by the MSM...but they still like the way it feels too much.

+24 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You've been lied to, plain and simple.

The only person lying about it is you, and all the right wingers here who either on purpose or unknowingly misunderstand what the Trump administration has actually done over the past few years. You all spout a narrative that “he only proposed cuts” when that isn’t even what anyone is talking about.

For one, he fired the entire Pandemic response team. That isn’t debatable. It actually happened.

Link

Secondly, he also shuttered PREDICT, which was designed to specifically address the type of virus we’re dealing with right now.

Last year, the USAID program known as PREDICT was shuttered. The initiative was launched in 2009 and designed to improve the “detection and discovery of zoonotic viruses with pandemic potential.” The program is credited with identifying nearly a thousand new zoonotic viruses, which are transmitted between animals and humans, and influencing the response effort currently being employed to combat the coronavirus, which is a zoonotic infection.

Link

That actually happened too. And isn’t debatable either. And those two examples aren’t even talking about the major screwup of putting Mike Pence, a man who famously said smoking doesn’t kill as head of the response team. It’s nothing but idiots leading idiots, being defended by morons.

Don’t think for a second that everyone else is as oblivious and as susceptible to propaganda as you right wingers are. The only people that believe these brain dead OPs are the ones who have long since given up any critical thinking and immersed themselves into Republican group think.

Have a nice day and wash your hands.

edit on 2-3-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I applaud the muddyness of the OP. It's pit worthy.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
Does it ever get old is what I've wondered. Boring? Like are there other, more fulfilling or rewarding hobbies?

You are in the wrong forum. ATS should have an ignore button that will block out forums AND POSTERS that you/us are not interested in.

It would make it easier to navigate if we all had forums that we could subscribe too, and ignore the rest.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

sometimes it's like a sandbox in here. my digger is better than yours! relax.
have a laugh.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
For the love of GOD. Can we stop making this political its got NOTHING to do with politics. This isnt about either side lying or not giving enough info or what the frig ever. The scare mongering and crap about something you can do f@#k all about is silly, and quite frankly played out at this point.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

If Trump discovered a cure for the virus the left would complain that his intrusion is costing scientists their jobs. If I have learned anything in the last 3 years it is that the left have shown an unreasonable attitude that borders and a lot of times crosses the crazy boundary. I for one believe that TDS is far more dangerous for this country than the virus.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Does it ever get old is what I've wondered. Boring? Like are there other, more fulfilling or rewarding hobbies?

Of course not. It’s right wing identity politics.

This is their life. I doubt most of them have anything else going for them. If they did they wouldn’t be here starting daily threads searching for validation from other people as lost in fear and division as they are.

The last thing any of them want is debate or discussion. Or anything that would put them in a position to objectively think about anything.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Reading the biased and inaccurate retorts on political threads is like watching pigs mud wrestling; sooner or later you figure out the pigs like it.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
For the love of GOD. The scare mongering and crap about something you can do f@#k all about is silly, and quite frankly played out at this point.

You're 100% right. The DNC should cancel the primaries tomorrow, if Democrat leaders care about the health and well-being of Democrat voters. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
You don't expect a real convo because there's probably a small handful of them and an army of like minded right-wingers about to chime in any second with well written posts about how your so right and collective left bashing will ensue with glee.

In all fairness, the board used to be much more balanced left-right. After Trump got elected, a lot of our left-wing members lost their everloving minds and people I formerly respected started making complete fools of themselves. A lot of them no longer post here anymore, they took their ball and went home because they were getting their asses handed to them on a daily basis. That's not our fault.

It's more of a bait post to start another mob post trashing them.

Actually, it's not. The main purpose of it is to inform. I don't seriously expect to inform or educate the left-wing members, they're too closed-minded for that and I'm well aware of that. But I also know there are a lot of lurkers on this site, and they see the constant misinformation from our left-wing members, and it's worth my time to debunk their garbage now and then.

This takes very little of my free time. And no, squashing misinformation never gets old or boring.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It’s right wing identity politics.

This might be the funniest # I've ever seen posted here.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Maybe if they had called it Russian Flu (1977-78), but that is Influenza A (H1N1).

But I am sure someone (AOC maybe) will point out that all fears were absolutely founded when it mutates into the disaster of Jose Cuervo Virus.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
For one, he fired the entire Pandemic response team. That isn’t debatable. It actually happened.

Secondly, he also shuttered PREDICT, which was designed to specifically address the type of virus we’re dealing with right now.

I suggest you send this to AP immediately. They'll be shocked to learn that eliminating one bureaucratic layer called a "response team," that actually slows down government by the way, as well as cancelling one program among thousands, these things totally cripple our ability to respond to health crises.

I'm certain the fact checkers at AP had no idea that happened...

Or they know, and they knew that didn't make the Democrats' claims any more substantiated.

Sorry, I'll take AP's word over Snopes.

What a joke. "AP has no idea! Snopes knows the truth!" And you think you're smart.

edit on 2 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The Democrat Party mission statement: "Never let a crisis go to waste. And if there isn't one, make one up."

Can you spell PanDEMic?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Tonight - CBS Evening News led off by declaring 40% of Americans now have CoronaVirus-19 and don't even know it! The "expert" featured (some doctor with 12 designations), said millions will ultimately DIE.

I hope most Trump supporters live long enough to see the MSM idiots die before we do!!

edit on 3/2/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
PANDEMIC rearranged is DEMPANIC.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Your last post about USDA meat inspection showed an equally troubling misunderstanding of how public health works.

How does a rear admiral on the NSC help stop Coronavirus? Are you, ABC, and (lol)snopes, implying that there are no infectious and zoonotic disease personnel at the CDC? There's around 15,000 people working at the CDC.

We can't shut down travel or the left whines. We can't stop high risk individuals crossing the border illegally because the left whines. Trump can't request money because, yep, the left whines.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join