It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Klobuchar drops out. Endorsing Biden

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Bernie about to Kamehameha these scrubs.

Had to look up that reference... Also, I don't think so. He needs 60% of delegates, not votes, to avoid a contested convention.

I think Bernie and Pete had the best chance against Trump, though. Biden will get smoked in the general.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com... pete just endorsed Biden

WASHINGTON — Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg plans to endorse former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. in the Democratic presidential race, according to a person informed of the decision, as the Democratic Party’s moderate wing quickly began coalescing around Mr. Biden in an effort to stop Senator Bernie Sanders from winning the Democratic nomination. Mr. Buttigieg’s endorsement, which is set to come at a Biden campaign event Monday night in Dallas, follows the news that another moderate candidate, Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, was quitting the race and throwing her support to Mr. Biden. She also plans to back Mr. Biden at the Dallas event. Harry Reid, the former Senate majority leader, was also among those who endorsed Mr. Biden on Monday.
and biden gets the senate minority and former majority leaders endorsement so seems mr bidens prospects are looking up which could in this republicans hopes keep leading to a contested convention

and edit to add pete has only suspended his campaing not fully dropped out not sure how much of a factor that is but it is apparently relevent>?
edit on 2-3-2020 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

and edit to add pete has only suspended his campaing not fully dropped out not sure how much of a factor that is but it is apparently relevent>?

Pete has pledged delegates to take to the convention. Klobuchar doesn't. If Pete dropped out, those delegates votes could go anywhere as unpledged, I believe. They would be under pressure to go to Bernie because of the vote total in the states they represent. By staying in, he can hand the delegates to Biden.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
the real questions are who the funding for dnc gonna shift to now that the field is narrowing . apparently trumps campaing is so flush with cash hes buying literal blimps lol to fly over swing states www.politico.com...

It’s a bird… It’s a plane… It’s the Trump blimp. In its latest effort to reach voters, the president’s reelection campaign is planning to fly a blimp above swing states. The blimp — which, according to a mock-up, will have prominent “Trump-Pence” branding — is set to fly between May and July. According to two campaign aides familiar with the plans, it is expected to appear above sporting events and other large gatherings. The campaign is exploring the possibility of holding contests that would allow winners to fly in the blimp. The idea is partly aimed at generating voter data. The blimp invites onlookers to text the word “Fly” to a Trump 2020 mobile number and join the campaign’s list of supporters. With their contact information on file, the campaign will then be able to reach out to supporters to ask for their votes and donations. The reelection effort has spent months encouraging backers to text into the number, including through a digital advertising push. Flush with cash, the president’s aides are seeking out creative ways to advertise before the start of the general election campaign. They have flown aerial banners above cities where Democrats are holding debates, and last month aired a pair of commercials during the Super Bowl. They also recently aired TV ads in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, and New Hampshire that draw on footage of his just-held rallies in each of the states.
so unlike tv adds and other stuff that can be turned off he is going to have airships flying over swing states and even offering contests to let the winners of said contests fly around in trump blimps

i have no idea the amount of maintenance that goes into such things but i would assume its cheaper then adds on repeat and it would be pretty funny to see a fleet of trump blimps flying over a contested dem convention now that the field is consolidating down . if warren drops out and endorses Biden before super Tuesday it could completely change the game as it seems a good deal of establishment dems are on the warpath to kneecap sanders

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read new threads.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

The rally dustup is more evidence of leftist freedom of speech.

The Klobuchar campaign said protesters initially agreed to leave the stage and allow the rally to proceed in exchange for a meeting with the senator. But protest organizers told reporters that they continued to disrupt the rally because the campaign rejected their demand that Klobuchar acknowledge Burrell during her remarks.

So basically because she didn't say what they wanted her to say, they wouldn't let her speak.

Then they chanted that she had to drop out of the race because she wouldn't say anything they wanted, and now she is dropping.

I think it's unlikely that's the real reason she's out, but ... It looks bad.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You know you've struck a nerve when both sides hate you.

At least the President stands up for him. He knows first hand how that feels.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

They all pretty much "suspend" their campaigns instead of ending them. It's probably some inside trick that benefits them financially in some way, knowing politicians. Even the ones that dropped out weeks ago that never won any delegates "suspended" their campaigns.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I thought suspending the campaign allowed them to preserve whatever funds they had left.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: face23785

I thought suspending the campaign allowed them to preserve whatever funds they had left.

Is it? I really have no idea. I'm sure there's some crooked reason for it though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join