It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about COVID-19

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Advantage

So can it be sexually transmitted?

I didnt put that because I have found no definite studies YET.. right now theyre trying to define if it can be transmitted between mother and fetus.. through amniotic fluid. We are in the research stage cause its a novel virus. Research is going in 50 directions... but Lancet is good at posting the final word in a very timely manner.

The Lancet: Preliminary evidence suggests that new coronavirus cannot be passed from mother to child late in pregnancy

Vertical transmission

So exactly how did the newborn acquire the virus. Stuff lke this is still up in the air.
edit on 2-3-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I have no idea what some people's practices are, but it seems logical in my experience to just assume anything that can be passed via coughing, sneezing, spit, etc will be passed on during sex. The "sexually transmitted" thing really only matters if that's a virus' primary pathway of infection.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

It's looking for your upper respiratory tract to lodge in so connected to that are mouth nose eyes ears , fingers .

If you're going to bite the bullet and put on a mask you may as w ell get goggles and a hood too . A tyvek suit and some footcovers too you'll be good to go for 8 hours.

It's decontamination that's the hard work , whereby you protect a zone where you can shed your PPE and enter safely .
You either , binbag and tie off your plastics and mask in the right order
Or you soak the PPE with disinfecting solution from a sprayer while you're still wearing it , dump it in a bucket of solution and use again. Masks ie ffp2 s and 3s , have only 8 hours life before you renew.
A good tip for maskwearing is wash your face and clean your teeth well just before putting it on. Also , don't forget if you need a leak wearing a hazmat , learn to hold it in or tape a flexible tube down your legto a suitable exit.
Surgical tape , gaffer tape , tape of all kinds ,: often invaluable when it comes to needing it . Taping out gaps and securing things well , like your goggles before encountering hazards is always a good idea.
But again it's hasty and uncareful decontamination that punishes mistakes.
All the rigmarole may be too much for most , may not even be worth it .

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I have no idea what some people's practices are, but it seems logical in my experience to just assume anything that can be passed via coughing, sneezing, spit, etc will be passed on during sex. The "sexually transmitted" thing really only matters if that's a virus' primary pathway of infection.

Heavy viral loads in.. doodoo.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

No #?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

No #?

DORK. LOL! !!!

Hey, read this.. dork!

www.nejm.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Okay I'll play nice and answer you questions.

Does community transmission mean that the novel coronavirus COVID-19 is airborne?

Not necessarily. However given the modality of spread that we have seen it is starting to look likely that there is some airborne spread of the virus.

Do facemask that leave ears unprotected work in preventing COVID-19?

No.

If you are concerned enough to wear a face mask you should prob go ahead and wear ear protection too.

The Nose, Mouth, Eyes and Ears are parts of the body that the virus uses to enter the body. In severe cases, it is advisable to protect your eyes by wearing goggles and other eye protectors , even when wearing the required mask to protect your nose and mouth.

Also, there is evidence to the effect that patients of COVID-19 traced it to be present in the feces of patients. In a shared washroom, this is an area to be careful because when someone is expelling intestinal gas through the anus (farting) with pants off it is possible that you can get the virus from those little particles.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Okay I'll play nice and answer you questions.

Does community transmission mean that the novel coronavirus COVID-19 is airborne?

Not necessarily. However given the modality of spread that we have seen it is starting to look likely that there is some airborne spread of the virus.

Do facemask that leave ears unprotected work in preventing COVID-19?

No.

If you are concerned enough to wear a face mask you should prob go ahead and wear ear protection too.

The Nose, Mouth, Eyes and Ears are parts of the body that the virus uses to enter the body. In severe cases, it is advisable to protect your eyes by wearing goggles and other eye protectors , even when wearing the required mask to protect your nose and mouth.

Also, there is evidence to the effect that patients of COVID-19 traced it to be present in the feces of patients. In a shared washroom, this is an area to be careful because when someone is expelling intestinal gas through the anus (farting) with pants off it is possible that you can get the virus from those little particles.

Actually a lot of the patients have explosive diarrhea. You can infect yourself and others by being in the room with the particles that are being expelled.. you can infect yourself or carry particles to other patients.. etc. It can live on surfaces, so when its expelled.. it contaminates surfaces. Thast the issue with the fecal matter.. and that the viral load was HIGH. When teh patients "recovered" and tested negative.. the viral load was highly infectious still in the feces.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think the best bet is a diving suit and a welder's helmet.

I see they are resetting things financially while we are all distracted by the virus. As markets crash, the question is...who is getting bailed out?

By the way, the virus can only stay active in the air and on surfaces while it is contained in organic fluid material. That is coughs of moisture from the lungs, and droplets of organic fluid on surfaces. Once it dries out, so does the virus.

The film 'Contagion' is your friend.
edit on 2/3/20 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thanks for playing nice 😁 and for the clarification.

It appears then that the masks many are going wild about w/ purchasing are NOT as useful as many think.
From my own assessment I felt the mask can stop individuals from coughing and spreading droplets but I felt if someone was to cough on or near you that you can get sick if the virus entered the ears that the many mask do not seem to protect.
I guess overall I was looking to confirm my suspicion and as well wanted to alert those unaware that just because you have a mask on does not mean you wont get sick.

a reply to: Alien Abduct

Shall continue thinking🤓😳😎😇

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
I think the best bet is a diving suit and a welder's helmet.

I see they are resetting things financially while we are all distracted by the virus. As markets crash, the question is...who is getting bailed out?

By the way, the virus can only stay active in the air and on surfaces while it is contained in organic fluid material. That is coughs of moisture from the lungs, and droplets of organic fluid on surfaces. Once it dries out, so does the virus.

The film 'Contagion' is your friend.
I think for certain populations ( mainly everyone who annoys me) the proper PPU is a plastic bag and a zip tie. Cheap and effective.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Heavy viral loads in.. doodoo.

You need to get laid...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join