It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about COVID-19

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Does community transmission mean that the novel coronavirus COVID-19 is airborne

Next question.
Do facemask that leave ears unprotected work in preventing COVID-19

It has been said the eyes if not protected can still cause infection if the virus comes in contact with them so I was wondering about the ears because I don't see many full face/head protection covering the ears...

An airborne disease is any disease that is caused by pathogens that can be transmitted through the air by both small, dry particles, and as larger liquid droplets. Such diseases include many of considerable importance both in human and veterinary medicine.

Thanks for your time and answers.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

An infection (say: in-FEK-shun) happens when germs like bacteria and viruses get inside the body and cause trouble. Germs can get into your ears. The ear is divided into three parts: outer, middle, and inner. When the germs bother your outer ear, it's called swimmer's ear.

Viruses cannot replicate in, or be transported across, dead cells. Therefore any virus that lands on the skin cannot simply replicate in the outer layer or be transported to the underlying living cells. However, viruses can pass through the dead layer of the skin through cuts or abrasions.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

This will definitely answer all of your questions here.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
😞 It didn't take me to the link.

a reply to: Alien Abduct

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

He's taking the piss out of you.

Poor form imo...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
😞 It didn't take me to the link.

a reply to: Alien Abduct

I don't think you got the joke :-)
I think community spread means from person to person in a local area vs imported from abroad. Don't quote me.
edit on 2-3-2020 by Crosswinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes, but how are they infected if not in contact with infected areas or infected people is what I have been pondering.
Where does community spread start?

a reply to: Crosswinds

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Totally missed the joke😯

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It just means the origin of the local infections is unknown, so yeah, you are right, it could mean airborne.

The smartypants with the google link was trying to get you to google the answers. But I have had trouble myself googling some answers to this stuff, so I don't entirely agree... but it was kinda funny.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
In fact here's the best I could do for ya...
www.cdc.gov...

"Some international destinations now have apparent community spread with the virus that causes COVID-19, meaning some people have been infected who are not sure how or where they became infected."

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarity
😉

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crosswinds
In fact here's the best I could do for ya...
www.cdc.gov...

"Some international destinations now have apparent community spread with the virus that causes COVID-19, meaning some people have been infected who are not sure how or where they became infected."

Goes without saying.

With a two to four week incubation period, there are probably millions carrying it around.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Goes without saying.

With a two to four week incubation period, there are probably millions carrying it around.

Yup, yup, and yup.
That's what I've been telling my friends and family. Can you really expect everyone who comes down with common cold-like symptoms to report to the nearest hospital for testing? Especially with the fear of being quarantined?

Trusting everyone to be honest and cautious is like trusting an alligator not to bite when you're fishing your golf ball out from its mouth.

This thing is probably everywhere.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The quarantine thing is the scariest aspect of this outbreak.

The authorities say they want to contain the virus but the slight of hand is that they're terrifying people into hiding.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Yes, but how are they infected if not in contact with infected areas or infected people is what I have been pondering.
Where does community spread start?

By making stupid choices such as permitting global travel without quarantines, repatriating people from quarantine zones, globalism... all the modern niceties we stupidly embraced over the past few decades.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It can be carried through cough or sneeze.. it can also travel on air which means if you are speaking in close proximity ( within 2 meters) with an infecetd person you are exposed. It can live on surfaces for extended periods of time. If you touch the surface that is contaminated and touch your mouth, eyes, face, food, whatever.. you are exposed. If you are exposed to an infected persons feces, spit, blood, body fluids.. you can catch it. If you get it in your eyes.. you can catch it. This is why we wear the clear shields or goggle type eye protection. The virus is found in high quantities in feces. Its theorized that it can be spread by sewage.. sewer gases.. whatever.

If you look on the 4 main threads concerning the outbreak there is MUCH information.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

globalism

Boom, headshot.

It seems to me that some body panicked......

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

So can it be sexually transmitted?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Yes.

Well that explains why they added HIV proteins into the mix.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join