It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noted Right-winger NY Governor Cuomo downplays Trumpvirus fears in press conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Yes . .. well when you very concerned with equity that's bound to happen. Understand that means equal outcome more equal access or even equal high quality.

They'll be looking where care meets affordable on curves instead of whether or not cutting edge treatment exists and could be offered even if for a price.

So a nation with worse metrics in some areas might score better because *everyone* gets the same lower standard. That's equity.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: incoserv

HOW DARE HE CITE FACTS?! Doesn't he know that facts can hurt people's feelings?

Obviously. That’s why he’s lying.

The U.S. healthcare system is actually ranked 27th in the world. Colombia in South America has better healthcare than America does.

Link

That has been posted here before and it has questionable "facts" inserted.

Edit: I take it back. Apparently the US is now rated at 37th in the world. Obamacare evidently worked out well.
edit on 232020 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

A little chlorine in the gene pool, my friend. Otherwise, we've been circumventing the process of natural selection for too long...

Its funny that I'm 60 and healthier than half the people who work for me that are 30 years younger. I look at many of them and think, yep they are not going to make it....lol

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: face23785

The VA and the Vet Hospitals don't get Cadillac health care. My opinion. The Feds and NYS employees get the gold plan.

Is this supposed to be a point in favor of nationalizing all healthcare in the US? The government can't even provide first-class care to veterans, a small percentage of the population. What makes anyone think if this was expanded to cover the entire population that it would be quality healthcare?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I see many are attempting to derail the thread topic into useless arguments about what country's healthcare is better.

Point is the media and the Democrat party are attempting to over inflate and use the virus in the news for no other reason that to attempt to make Trump / Pence look bad. The same garbage they been doing on literally any topic since 2016. So old and pathetic. And here a Democrat is shown to be in disagreement to his own party's talking points.

Quoted for truth.

Notice how not one leftist has come into the thread and had any kind of rebuttal to any of Cuomo's comments about the virus? The virus has been overblown by the media, and everyone knows it. Trump was correct when he said the overreaction by the Dems/media was a hoax.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Trump is the one calling it a hoax.

Maybe he's onto something...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The rest of us stand in line at 37th ranked as per my original link. Plus just give a shout out to those in a bed over at a VA Hospital.

A lot more goes into that ranking than just the quality of the medical system. We can be the #1 medical care in the world, but not be the healthiest population, or the cheapest medical cost. Many Americans do not take care of themselves with crappy diets, poor exercise etc., and we all know we have excellent medical care, but its not cheap. China is 144 and India is 112 out of 191 countries so population plays into it too as the US is 3rd largest.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Worked for me. One of the biggest benefits of living in Mexico is the health care. In the US market, I'd probably pretty bad off.

Mexico is rated 61st... lol

Its not bad if you have money though it is a lot cheaper than in the states, BUT it is no where near the quality. I wouldn't do open heart or hip replacement in Mexico as example.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I think he is calling the liberal response to it all as the hoax...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The rest of us stand in line at 37th ranked as per my original link. Plus just give a shout out to those in a bed over at a VA Hospital.

A lot more goes into that ranking than just the quality of the medical system. We can be the #1 medical care in the world, but not be the healthiest population, or the cheapest medical cost. Many Americans do not take care of themselves with crappy diets, poor exercise etc., and we all know we have excellent medical care, but its not cheap. China is 144 and India is 112 out of 191 countries so population plays into it too as the US is 3rd largest.

The link about US being 37th wasn't posted to have a serious discussion about US healthcare quality. It was posted to push the political agenda that we should have nationalized healthcare.

He was. The people saying he called the virus a hoax were tricked by the media, or deliberately spreading disinformation. Standard procedure with just about anything Trump-related.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Pretty sure I read the other day Corona is 20 times deadlier than the flu.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

The U.S. healthcare system is actually ranked 27th in the world. Colombia in South America has better healthcare than America does.

Link

That fact does not impeach the veracity of everything else he said regarding the hard statistics. The zombie apocalypse is not coming.

Unless you count those who have allowed themselves to be turned into zombies through their unquestioning obedience to the media-driven narrative. Given that, we are most certainly in the throes of a zombie apocalypse.

The problem is, the agenda here is not to inform or protect the public. All the media wants to do is use the virus to try to hurt Trump in the election. As you can see in this thread, the only people that's working on are hardcore leftists that believe everything they're told by the media with unquestioning loyalty. The average citizen is gonna know by November that this was yet another case of the media misleading them. It's actually gonna help Trump, like impeachment did.

So everyone around the world wants to hurt little poor Trumpy? Even the MSM in rest of the world reporting on corona?
What media should we believe in? Rag tag trash portals such as theconservativetreehouse with a budget of 100$?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying though.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

A little chlorine in the gene pool, my friend. Otherwise, we've been circumventing the process of natural selection for too long...

Its funny that I'm 60 and healthier than half the people who work for me that are 30 years younger. I look at many of them and think, yep they are not going to make it....lol

Trump is in danger too then. Unhealthy diet, bad shape and 70+ of age.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Trump is in danger too then. Unhealthy diet, bad shape and 70+ of age.

Not likely. Corona doesn't like to be outshone by shiny orange.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Link

That fact does not impeach the veracity of everything else he said regarding the hard statistics. The zombie apocalypse is not coming.

Unless you count those who have allowed themselves to be turned into zombies through their unquestioning obedience to the media-driven narrative. Given that, we are most certainly in the throes of a zombie apocalypse.

The problem is, the agenda here is not to inform or protect the public. All the media wants to do is use the virus to try to hurt Trump in the election. As you can see in this thread, the only people that's working on are hardcore leftists that believe everything they're told by the media with unquestioning loyalty. The average citizen is gonna know by November that this was yet another case of the media misleading them. It's actually gonna help Trump, like impeachment did.

So everyone around the world wants to hurt little poor Trumpy? Even the MSM in rest of the world reporting on corona?
What media should we believe in? Rag tag trash portals such as theconservativetreehouse with a budget of 100$?

So completely unable to refute anything Cuomo said, which contradicts a lot of what the media has been saying?

Noted.

Don't play dumb, you know damn well this has been overblown, and you know why. I've got news for you, this bull# isn't gonna work anymore. Ya'll need a new strategy.
edit on 2 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think the most important metric for most of these posters is that they didn't have to pay for whatever care they received. Of course, they think the standard of care won't change if that comes to pass, but they'll be mistaken.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Link

So completely unable to refute anything Cuomo said, which contradicts a lot of what the media has been saying?

Noted.

Don't play dumb, you know damn well this has been overblown, and you know why. I've got news for you, this bull# isn't gonna work anymore. Ya'll need a new strategy.

Overblown? Look what's happening in Europe. That will be USA in couple of days. Once the death toll starts rising you will still claim that its a hoax.
Italy had couple of hundreds last week, look where's now. Germany, France and Spain alll kicking off.
Some European countries are preparing plans for that up to 80% of their population might get infected because this shyte spreads so easily.
Yet some dumb yank politicians are downplaying it because it does not fit their political agenda.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Link

Noted.

Overblown? Look what's happening in Europe. That will be USA in couple of days. Once the death toll starts rising you will still claim that its a hoax.
Italy had couple of hundreds last week, look where's now. Germany, France and Spain alll kicking off.
Some European countries are preparing plans for that up to 80% of their population might get infected because this shyte spreads so easily.
Yet some dumb yank politicians are downplaying it because it does not fit their political agenda.

I highly recommend you actually watch the video in the OP. It's clear you didn't. Post informed, for God's sake. Is that too much to ask?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Worked for me. One of the biggest benefits of living in Mexico is the health care. In the US market, I'd probably pretty bad off.

Mexico is rated 61st... lol

Its not bad if you have money though it is a lot cheaper than in the states, BUT it is no where near the quality. I wouldn't do open heart or hip replacement in Mexico as example.

I'm about to have a gall bladder removal and umbilical hernia repair done laparoscopically at a top-notch clinic that is recognized by the Canadian national health care system as accredited. It's not cheap for a typical Mexican laborer and they'd more likely be enmeshed in the national system, but for this gringo, it's ridiculously inexpensive compared to what it'd cost stateside (total cost probably less than what your deductible would be) and the quality of care is at least what you'd get stateside and, I'd dare say, in some repects probably better.
edit on 2020 3 02 by incoserv because: I am a bit anal about my orthography.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join