It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Democrats Not Cancelling Their Campaign Rallies Due to CoronaVirus-19?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The point missed by nearly all is the dems politicized this issue hoping to use it as a club against president trump, yet their actions seem to pay actual little mind to actually stopping the spread of illness. It’s a fair point to be made. The version of politics regardless of what side of the isle it came from “never lets a good crisis go to waste”

a reply to: carewemust

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
At least the dems had a reason to be holding rallies, they have primaries they want to win, trump doesnt have to worry about that does he?
And, gee, what would happen if they decided this virus was running rampant so badly that they had to stop the dem campaign? I imagine long before that secret service would be stepping in to curtail trumps rallies, and worse his weekend golfing trips to the winter White House. They'd probably have him locked down in the White House which would probably drive him stark raving mad.
And, quite frankly, I've been listening to alot of the coverage on this virus.. I find it interesting that if you want panic mode, you can find more of it here than anywhere else.

But, I do have a question...
I've always had the impression that there wasn't much you could do for the common cold outside of treat the symptoms and wait for it to run its course. That they've searched for a vaccine forever without finding one. The common cold is a Corona virus by what I understand. This is just a potent version of the common cold. So, why should I believe the poliwogs when they say that a vaccine is just around the corner and maybe even a cure??

There is something wrong with peoples heads when providing people with the factual information is degraded and rejected for lies and misinformation.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
At least the dems had a reason to be holding rallies, they have primaries they want to win, trump doesnt have to worry about that does he?
And, gee, what would happen if they decided this virus was running rampant so badly that they had to stop the dem campaign? I imagine long before that secret service would be stepping in to curtail trumps rallies, and worse his weekend golfing trips to the winter White House. They'd probably have him locked down in the White House which would probably drive him stark raving mad.
And, quite frankly, I've been listening to alot of the coverage on this virus.. I find it interesting that if you want panic mode, you can find more of it here than anywhere else.

But, I do have a question...
I've always had the impression that there wasn't much you could do for the common cold outside of treat the symptoms and wait for it to run its course. That they've searched for a vaccine forever without finding one. The common cold is a Corona virus by what I understand. This is just a potent version of the common cold. So, why should I believe the poliwogs when they say that a vaccine is just around the corner and maybe even a cure??

There is something wrong with peoples heads when providing people with the factual information is degraded and rejected for lies and misinformation.

You might need to Google and spend a little time reading on how vaccines work.

There are hundreds of versions of colds. One vaccine won't do much.

But they work great on specific virus's like Chicken Pox, Polio, Mumps... and most likely against a specific Corona-Virus.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: redmage

You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than contracting coronavirus...not to mention if you are under 65 it will rarely be anything more than the flu.

You forgot to add: (So far, year to date, in the US, that we know of.)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
The common cold is a Corona virus by what I understand.

What usually is responsible for the "common cold" category is more often a rhinovirus than a coronavirus.
edit on 3/2/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

2.) Do they not REALLY believe that CoronaVirus-19 is as dangerous and contagious as they keep saying it is?

Obviously. If they believed any of their doom mongering, then they'd be worried about their would-be voters dying before they could vote. They might not care if folks get sick, but can't have them dying before the elections!!!

It's just like global warming with the ones whining and crying the loudest being the ones with the greatest carbon footprint. Harry and Megs come to mind... Patting themselves on the backs for saying all the right things but doing the exact opposite.

This would actually be a perfect time for the Dems to start practicing what they preach in a HUGE way. For example, they could make a HUGE deal about not wanting to expose people to a potential fatal pandemic and cancel their rallies (unlike the bad Orange Man), but hold televised call-in "Townhalls" or online AMAs, or a gazillion other ways to utilize modern technology to serve the same purpose... and, of course, all the while highlighting how conscientious and tech savvy they are... how very prepared they are to run the free world the right way and the best way. How they are not only using technology to protect the people from the Coronavirus, but to minimize their carbon footprint while campaigning -- a twofer!

And just imagine if all their Coronavirus doom mongering proved true, and Trump's rally going supporters became sick... but Dems didn't because there were no rallies... that would totally destroy Trump. Dems wouldn't have to say a negative word. Just the headlines would do the job.

If I were Queen of the Dems, that's exactly what I would do. Cancel all Dem rallies, work with media and online platforms for other ways to engage directly with the people, constantly highlighting how much we care about the people and about climate change and so on. I wouldn't even mention Trump. I'd just talk about the awesome things we were doing... let the optics speak for themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

For the same reason trump isn't canceling his rallies?

Maybe they know something we don't?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Agreed. But there is no way the Dems are smart enough (or have the self-control) to employ this strategy*, which is why I bailed out completely and went "all MAGA" (as my lovely GF says!). I simply refuse to support a political party that doesn't possess the tactical sense to win a StarCraft game --let alone a presidential race.

*They also don't have much of a platform beyond red-scare McCarthyism (which is ultra lame AF) or "Orange man bad!" which, somehow, is even lamer. They deserve to disappear as a party but I don't want to see their constituents sick or dying because of how unbelievably dumb party leadership is.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Agreed. But there is no way the Dems are smart enough (or have the self-control) to employ this strategy*...

Agreed -- but I really don't get it. They know they're bleeding supporters. The Feminists against the Trans Agenda, the lower and middle classes against open borders, against Obamacare, and on and on... If it ain't working, you don't double down on it! I'd swear sometimes that they are trying to hand Trump the election on a silver platter.

...which is why I bailed out completely and went "all MAGA" (as my lovely GF says!). I simply refuse to support a political party that doesn't possess the tactical sense to win a StarCraft game --let alone a presidential race.

Exactly. The people see the idiocy... why can't they???

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

They are doubling down. The local Dem precinct captain (we were caucus leaders for the neighborhood in 2016 so we know her husband and her pretty well) has doubled down on the red scare (It's both Trump and Bernie now ZOMG!) and they are both doctors. It's so bizarre.

(They are super into Bloomers now. I feel like I missed out on an "easy" (lol) payday).
edit on 2-3-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

They are doubling down. The local Dem precinct captain (we were caucus leaders for the neighborhood in 2016 so we know her husband and her pretty well) has doubled down on the red scare (It's both Trump and Bernie now ZOMG!) and they are both doctors. It's so bizarre.

Wow. It really is. Doctors know better. But look at all the doctors jumping on the Trans "affirming" train too -- against long established medical knowledge! Maybe they don't know after all. Maybe that's how bad our universities have become. I shudder at the thought. But there is this: Pew study finds Americans can't tell fact from opinion, so maybe they really don't know. It's a very sad commentary on some professionals though -- whether they just don't know the difference, or they're just pretending they don't know.

(They are super into Bloomers now. I feel like I missed out on an "easy" (lol) payday).

Funny how quick he got his true believers, eh?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobchar are saying how dangerous CornaVirus-19 is in America

Where are they getting that information from and why shouldn't they believe it?
Do you know how bad the virus is? Do you study viruses?

then inviting people to congregate

You mean giving americans a choice. Letting them make up their own minds.
Many , like you, don't think the virus is that big of a deal.

The dems say it's bad but are willing to risk their own health.
Those who choose to come to the rallies are also choosing to risk it.

Admit it care. You just wanted to make a hit piece thread and were hoping that a bunch of righties would be in here cheering you on.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Where to start? Cable news has almost completely eroded the average person's ability to tell fact from opinion. This, I fear, is by design.

Funny how quick he got his true believers, eh?

You nailed it. It's as funny as funny money, IMO.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yeah, the people trying to spread fear, in this case the Dems, should practice what they preach. Trump is not blowing this virus out of proportion and spreading fear.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Watching what "they" do is better than listening to what "they" say 😆 🎱 😆

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I know what you mean. I haven't watched any television news -- except for the odd live coverage of something -- since Clinton's "It depends on what the definition of 'is' is" interview. I think I might have thrown something at the TV. And I was banned by my family from watching news. But I've caught bits and pieces here and there and it's more than enough to know that I neither want nor need it. I'll continue reading my news. And with the internet, it's easier than ever to read all sides and perspectives of anything and everything.

My son has several younger folks (he refers to them as millennials) working for him who apparently get their "news" from Trevor Noah and Samantha Bee... and he swears that it shows! He wonders how these kids make it through the day.

Like you (I think -- but correct me if I'm wrong! I don't want to put words in your mouth...) I think there has been a deliberate dumbing down of people. Critical reasoning is obsolete -- someone will tell you what to think! Thinking something through to it's logical conclusion is like magic to younger kids. Basic facts and truths are now subject to re-interpretation or even re-definition according to whatever groupthink is popular.

I've already promised my kids that if they ever bless me with grandchildren, I will be happy to homeschool them...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I suspect we are in agreement, more often than not.

I actually told my son and his GF (they were talking about the long "someday" and are practical, professional and adorable at 18 so who knows?) pretty much the same thing.

As I "work" from home anyway, they agreed!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Did trump cancel any of his?

Everybody panic right?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
nope
both maga and kag are immune to the virus
who knew?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

What illegal aliens that hurt americans?
Don't turn this into an immigration issue too.
You already politicized the disease trying to get up another fight.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join