It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World News happens outside the USA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If you have a friend in a foreign country and want to hear what really is going on, I found it most easy to just ask open and honest.

That is how I sometimes back check news from the USA with a member here.

We are on ATS, so many nations are here. I am not advocating that everything is to be believed what people write here though.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Thanks

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: putnam6

It was your comments on Ireland that forced the reply otherwise I assure you I wouldn't have bothered.

Its still a sore point and even a bit of an open wound with many here.
The misconceptions and outright lies still spread about Ireland from The Troubles onwards is really quite staggering.

Same as anyone I sometimes miss nuances etc in the written word.

Believe it or not I tend to agree with a lot of what you wrote.

Oh, and I guarantee you, I'm no touch feely, hypersensitive sort......far, far from it.

Nor do I think you are touchy-feely I've read your posts before.

The OP was basing the original post on the stereotypical judgemental view of America, was just giving back the exaggerated basic stereotype of Great Britain. Fortunately, my job has bought be in contact with a number of nationalities and even regional Americans over the years. Sometimes I think people forget how diverse America is, especially in urban areas. I've known fine intelligent hard-working people from all over and find it's mostly obnoxious elitism and arrogance to look down on someone that you don't know for any reason including if they haven't kept up with worldly issues.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
America bad. Rest of world good. America fat. Rest of world healthy. America violent. Rest of world never fights. America stupid. Rest of world smart.

There's the world news. Why do you think people don't care to hear that crap?

Oh, and send money.
edit on 4-3-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join