It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World News happens outside the USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

That said imagine if the rest of the world based their feelings on England's citizenry on the farcical monarchy system.......

So you obviously have absolutely no understanding of how a Constitutional Monarchy works - probably not even aware that the UK has a Constitutional Monarchy - yet feel the need to criticise based on nothing but spoon fed political dogma and rhetoric.

I'm not really a big fan of the monarchy but the UK has greater issues that need addressing with greater urgency. My opinion is based on real, first hand experience and an understanding of how the system works and what the alternatives are.

.....where world dignitaries have to present themselves to what is essentially a cake ornament.....

Exactly the same as when any world leader meets another.....just look at the grovelling nature of most leaders when they visit POTUS in The White House.....but I guess that's ok is it?

.....or infinitely more important England's subjection of N.Ireland.....

Absolute and utter bollocks.
The majority of people in Northern Ireland wish to remain within the UK.
Prior to Brexit support for the UK was growing at a relatively large rate in Ulster particularly in traditional Nationalist communities where people were enjoying the peace free from the gangsterism of the paramilitaries who were nothing more than power crazed drug running extortionists. Their primary concerns were controlling their respective communities with an iron fist whilst profiting from their protection rackets, prostitution, drug trade, illegal bookmakers etc.

The little time left on their hands was spent trying to exploit the natural romantic nature of the Irish people and use and manipulate them into performing acts of hideous terrorism at times deliberately targeting innocent people including women and children.

Pure scum as are those 'Irish-Americans' who helped fund the terrorism and killing.

.... or the creation of Australia was nothing but England's criminals......

Not defending it but different times and different standards.
And not ALL of them....there were of course the guards, officers, administrators, business people, farmers, entrepreneurs etc.

.....and Australia's propensity to dehumanize their native aboriginal population.

Whereas the US was/is caring, compassionate, trustworthy and respectful to its indigenous people?

That along with blanket criticisms you can see why a certain segment said along time ago I'd rather sail in a leaky boat to parts unknown than living in this kind of society.

That could be countered with why would anyone wish to migrate and live in a country like the USA with all its faults, inequalities and injustices?

But I know no where is perfect - certainly NOT the UK or USA - and that we all have our respective problems and issues.
And I also know that the USA has much going for it, probably more than most places, and despite the stereotypical image Americans are wonderful people.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JonU2
I find that there are too many people from the US that have no idea what is going on outside their country.

We know what's going on outside our country because our country is making it go on.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JonU2

Did you have a particular subject you wanted to discuss?

(post by Sillyolme removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well, JonU2, that's a hell of a start if you're not trying to be rude, lol.

There are so many factors, but I'll list a few off the top of my head. First, the US is impossibly large compared to the UK and has 50 states, the District of Columbia and five major territories, so "US News" is already a huge subset of "world news" from our perspective.

Second, we are definitely more of a "free" (rofl) "market" (double rofl) so things you might take for granted like free time and the attention economy are at least somewhat (if not a lot-what) more complicated.

Third, we are (one of) the world's largest information laboratories and are likewise inundated by sociopolitical/cultural messaging from "world" (super lol) "advertisers" as a test-bed for what can and should be sold to everyone else later.

Finally, we are simply jaded from decades of BS and don't really GAF.

We still love you guys though and thank you so much for all the incredible music over the years! (as well as your other contributions and achievements)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

So tell us. What is going on in the rest of the world that we are all missing?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I blame the media. Too much focus on politics. And that's both msm and small alt news like infowars.com

You're 100% right though.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What's a usa?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I find that there are too many people from the US that have no idea what is going on outside their country.

We know what's going on outside our country because our country is making it go on.

with up to 280 non combatants alleged killed in US actions since 2007.

airwars.org...

Good times over in somalia.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

If Somalia broke off the African continent and sank into the Indian Ocean no one would notice.

Or care.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Have ye no sympathy for da PieRats!?!?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Don't laugh (or laugh) the Staten Island Yankees nickname is the Pizza Rats.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Not being rude of a country I’ve visited many times. Why are you so stupid?

We're fully aware that your little Prince threw a tantrum and stormed out with the wifey, but you must understand that they fled to Canada, not the U.S., so your ire is misplaced.
edit on 3/2/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Isn't that why people dislike Americans ? They don't know who their country is bombing or care.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Not being rude of a country I’ve visited many times. Why are you so stupid? The facts are there but you believe your own corrupt government.

I’m English and have no reason to hate America. I love America, they supported my English father in WW2.

I say, learn that US news is not world news....find out what is going on in the world

Your post displays as much ignorance of the USA as you are complaining about. For example, your statement that we believe in our own corrupt government is simply not true THAT statement is stupid on your part. I, for one, am quite tired of the constant diet of Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, and Harry did this we've been inundated with these last few years.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Isn't that why people dislike Americans ? They don't know who their country is bombing or care.

We don't care. And if they dislike us enough we can always add them to the list. A 2,000lb JDAM does wonders for your opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

That said imagine if the rest of the world based their feelings on England's citizenry on the farcical monarchy system.......

So you obviously have absolutely no understanding of how a Constitutional Monarchy works - probably not even aware that the UK has a Constitutional Monarchy - yet feel the need to criticise based on nothing but spoon fed political dogma and rhetoric.

I'm not really a big fan of the monarchy but the UK has greater issues that need addressing with greater urgency. My opinion is based on real, first hand experience and an understanding of how the system works and what the alternatives are.

.....where world dignitaries have to present themselves to what is essentially a cake ornament.....

Exactly the same as when any world leader meets another.....just look at the grovelling nature of most leaders when they visit POTUS in The White House.....but I guess that's ok is it?

.....or infinitely more important England's subjection of N.Ireland.....

Absolute and utter bollocks.
The majority of people in Northern Ireland wish to remain within the UK.
Prior to Brexit support for the UK was growing at a relatively large rate in Ulster particularly in traditional Nationalist communities where people were enjoying the peace free from the gangsterism of the paramilitaries who were nothing more than power crazed drug running extortionists. Their primary concerns were controlling their respective communities with an iron fist whilst profiting from their protection rackets, prostitution, drug trade, illegal bookmakers etc.

The little time left on their hands was spent trying to exploit the natural romantic nature of the Irish people and use and manipulate them into performing acts of hideous terrorism at times deliberately targeting innocent people including women and children.

Pure scum as are those 'Irish-Americans' who helped fund the terrorism and killing.

.... or the creation of Australia was nothing but England's criminals......

Not defending it but different times and different standards.
And not ALL of them....there were of course the guards, officers, administrators, business people, farmers, entrepreneurs etc.

.....and Australia's propensity to dehumanize their native aboriginal population.

Whereas the US was/is caring, compassionate, trustworthy and respectful to its indigenous people?

That along with blanket criticisms you can see why a certain segment said along time ago I'd rather sail in a leaky boat to parts unknown than living in this kind of society.

That could be countered with why would anyone wish to migrate and live in a country like the USA with all its faults, inequalities and injustices?

But I know no where is perfect - certainly NOT the UK or USA - and that we all have our respective problems and issues.
And I also know that the USA has much going for it, probably more than most places, and despite the stereotypical image Americans are wonderful people.

And you missed the whole point because you got your poor little feelers hurt at first... I exaggerated, much as he did with the blanket criticism of Americans don't know about the world. It's not that we don't know LOL we don't care LOL. What's the point? most have their preconceived notions like the OP and you can't change them, why even try.

FWIW I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking with a few people from Great Britain and Australia over the years they were wonderful intelligent and charming people. It's when person's paint with a broad brush over a diverse population of 300 million that I have issues.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: blueman12

If Somalia broke off the African continent and sank into the Indian Ocean no one would notice.

Or care.

The population of Somalia (@ 15.5 million people) might care. And it's natural gas reserves are necessary for other African nations to advance.

Not to mention that it is one of the US's largest Uranium suppliers.

Also they, Rwanda, Nigeria and the Congo have Tantalum, without which the US tech industries would collapse.

Do you see the problem with American attitude in your comment?
edit on 2/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It was your comments on Ireland that forced the reply otherwise I assure you I wouldn't have bothered.

Its still a sore point and even a bit of an open wound with many here.
The misconceptions and outright lies still spread about Ireland from The Troubles onwards is really quite staggering.

Same as anyone I sometimes miss nuances etc in the written word.

Believe it or not I tend to agree with a lot of what you wrote.

Oh, and I guarantee you, I'm no touch feely, hypersensitive sort......far, far from it.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
Do you see the problem with American attitude in your comment?

After we flatten your country I'm gonna make sure you get a lifetime all inclusive at Club Gitmo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join