It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World News happens outside the USA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Not being rude of a country I’ve visited many times. Why are you so stupid? The facts are there but you believe your own corrupt government.

I’m English and have no reason to hate America. I love America, they supported my English father in WW2.

I find that there are too many people from the US that have no idea what is going on outside their country.

I say, learn that US news is not world news....find out what is going on in the world

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JonU2

Not to put any finer point to it, but folks don't care. They don't even give a damn what's going on in their own country let alone state. There is no forgiving thing to say about this. Look at the House, Congress, today. Those Democrats were actually voted there by some real people (and many many unreal, dead ones).

World news. Sure. Nope.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
In short, the American Way is to view America as the center of the universe. Well, to a point, there's stages to this -- after the country being the center of the universe, each region is then the center of the universe, then each state is, then cities & counties in each state. Outside of each of those circles within circles, nobody gives a damn about the goings on.

We have a very myopic view this side of the pond, I admit.
edit on 3/1/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well oddly enough, I am american and it so happens I mostly post about world news happens outside of USA. And mostly read news from outside USA. In many of them I even get the same stories from the USA written in the exact same style. Many, but certainly not most.

My concerns are anything that China puts in orbit. Would you like to help me research it?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I will admit that I don’t care that much about news that doesn’t affect me or my family. I only have so many craps to give and I don’t have enough to go around. I prefer to keep life simple and work to help my family, neighbors and community.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonU2
Not being rude of a country I’ve visited many times. Why are you so stupid? The facts are there but you believe your own corrupt government.

I’m English and have no reason to hate America. I love America, they supported my English father in WW2.

I find that there are too many people from the US that have no idea what is going on outside their country.

I say, learn that US news is not world news....find out what is going on in the world

That's very cute.
You claim a country is stupid by believing their corrupt government.
But you offer nothing to support your argument. In fact you offer nothing but your opinion. An opinion that might be justified, but until you support your opinion you are doing exactly what you are claiming the population of the USA is guilty of: Stupidly believing things said by other governments.

In this case I'm not sure if it's your words or your avatar is telling the truth? English or Aussie? Or English in Australia?

Regardless, it doesn't matter where you are from. Make a substantive claim or do not paint an entire nation with your perceived issue.
An issue that has yet to be stated other than we believe our government.
May I ask, what concern you have in the USA's government's statements?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Greetings from the US. It is difficult to watch what has become of the land of the free and home of the brave. Ha! Almost funny post 9/11 and modern soy boy and cuck culture. We Americans are too narcissistic to bother with world news. More people see Kim kardassian’s ass in any given day than bother thinking about something worthwhile. If we were to stoop to travel to another country, it would only be to see what ourselves look like on the cell phone screen as we take selfies to document it on social media. . .sick

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I will admit that I don’t care that much about news that doesn’t affect me or my family. I only have so many craps to give and I don’t have enough to go around. I prefer to keep life simple and work to help my family, neighbors and community.

It seems news from China, Iran, South Korea and Italy and soon to be many other places, may very well affect your family friends and neighbours.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Metallicus

It seems news from China, Iran, South Korea and Italy and soon to be many other places, may very well affect your family friends and neighbours.

By them it will be local news so I can give a crap then. Also, I don’t have any control over a virus so in the end I will just keep living my life.
edit on 2020/3/2 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I've always been embarrassed that other countries know much more about us, than we know about them. It isn't taught much in school & we get very little on the news. At least now we have the internet.

I've been to Australia twice. I couldn't wait to immerse myself in the culture. What did I find when I got there? American news on TV & American TV programs! American music on the radio! MacDonald's at the mall! The lamb burger with beet root was different & awesome though! 😋

It's no wonder you know more, when that much info is easily available! We're lucky to see BBC News very late at night, once a week on cable & a couple of British shows on PBS! Maybe bigger cities have a better selection? Even trying to get info on the fires was hard! They just kept showing the same clips about the koalas over & over! I got better news from Facebook!

There are people who would be interested, if more was available. Then again, there are people who would not be interested no matter what! As some of the 'man on the street' interviews have so sadly proven! 😳

WOQ

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Taking the head in the sand approach then, each to their own.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

With no disrespect, the op doesn’t need to qualify his position
Very few Americans are aware of the outside world
Just a fact

Those on ATS would be, in my opinion, the few educated on international affairs and that the outside world exists

Reality is there really is no need for many to look outside of their immediate affairs

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

the fact is most people in most countries have very little idea of what is going on outside their country. except of course things going on outside their country that has or might have an effect on their country. and that is natural, because for the most part only what is going on in, or will effect their country in some way will actually affect them.

in fact it even goes beyond not knowing what is going on outside their country, but what is even going on inside their country. and the bigger a country is, the more true that is. for example do people in New York City get informed by the news, that a variety store in Denver Colorado was burglarized the night before? or that several homes in Neosho Kansas were broken into last week, with nothing much taken? do people in New York City even really care about those things happening (unless of course they have friends or relatives that might be affected). of course not. there is no real need for people in New York City to know that. since it has zero effect on them. although if you look at the local news of those places, they of course will be talking about it, because of course it does effect people who live in the area.

if you were to ask a typical Canadian what is happening in Prague, do you honestly think they could tell you? of course not, since as far as i know their is nothing news worthy (ie nothing that will effect people) to the international community going on there. or how many people through their local news outlets, outside of North America have been getting reports about the domestic terrorism going on in Canada over oil pipelines? people in the US likely have been hearing about it, because it may effect them. not to mention the Americans that are intimately involved in it. but it's not something that is big news in a country like the Philippines or Malaysia, because of course it really has nothing to do with them.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasobservingquietly

I've always been embarrassed that other countries know much more about us, than we know about them. It isn't taught much in school & we get very little on the news. At least now we have the internet.

why be embarrassed? it's the same everywhere. you don 't learn much in school about say Canada outside of the US. nor do you learn much about a country like the Czech Republic in the US or Canada. because of course there is no real need to know anything about them, unless your country is pretty much next door to them. heck t he only things really taught about Europe in Canada, centers around Britain and France. and that is only because it is a part of Canadian history. just as you don't learn anything about Switzerland, past the fact that it was neutral in WW2 (because that had an effect on Canada).

and if we are totally honest about things. while many Americans (or Canadians, or anyone else in the world for that matter), couldn't point out where most countries are on a map. the same is true for most people in most countries. in fact the fact that most people could point out the US on a map has more to do with the size of it, and the fact that it takes up most of the continent than anything else. in fact many people in the world seem to think that both Canada and Mexico are a part of the US. just as most people can point out Australia for the same reason. or years ago what was the SSSR. but ask them to point out Malaysia, and they wouldn't have a clue.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If it does not , or will not , effect me and my family then I could not give a rat's a___

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Most don't speak a second language and most have never been outside the us.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Maybe you can give some examples of what it is you are complaining about.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Don't know where you are getting people totally trust the government here in the US, that's not the case.

People get busy with their lives, they have responsibilities and honestly what happens daily in England Australia or anywhere else except my general area it's hard to give it a look-see. It's like with the horrible Charlie Hebdo attack, I was actually home ill that day and watched a lot of international coverage on BBC and SkyNews. On a regular workday, I will be swamped with calls till I get off work and then there are family responsibilities. So yes people get self-centered and in today's age, you can get overloaded with garbage information making it difficult to dissect the facts from the spin. Like whatever news you get on the US is spun and manipulated as well.

That said imagine if the rest of the world based their feelings on England's citizenry on the farcical monarchy system where world dignitaries have to present themselves to what is essentially a cake ornament or infinitely more important England's subjection of N.Ireland or the creation of Australia was nothing but England's criminals and Australia's propensity to dehumanize their native aboriginal population. That along with blanket criticisms you can see why a certain segment said along time ago I'd rather sail in a leaky boat to parts unknown than living in this kind of society.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Do what I do then....make a post.

It wont go past page one normally, but there ya go.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Aye aye governor! Have a bag of crisps on me along with some fine English ale. I have traveled the world on business to many countries including China. I agree with you. One Billion percent!

Americans as I am one, typically had parents who always told their children how great they are and how smart they are. That guidance was started up by the psychologists back in the late 1960's. Such as "Its all about the children". Well, no, its not. Plus they got them to believe that they are above everyone and are basically a Superhero like in the movies. Well, not mine. As such we have a country of multi generational A holes who exist on the sole premise and belief that the world evolves around them. That theme and thought cuts across all races including minorities and extends from the very intelligent to the very not so intelligent.

Thus we have shall we say, a cluster fook. It creates an environment of people who do not want to do anything perceived as work along with an entitlement they I or you owe them. No we don't.

All of the above is now on display 24 / 7 in our politics, our MSM and our TV shows, especially the reality shows such as Honey Boo Boo and The Bachelor.

The bottom line is that when an outbreak of something of significance albiet an economic collapse or virus outbreak happens these people will make the wrong decision and will engage is something ludicrous that eventually take themselves out from the human race.

That's the upside. The downside is they take innocent others with them.

I have relatives who live in London. Both work and both are survivors. They are smart and can roll with a punch. We discussed that in 2004 the world was going to hell in both countries back while vacationing. Yet because we are just two guys there isn't much that we could or can do as the masses and their perception of reality run the show and they will run it right or wrong depending on their own morality, fairness and judgement.

Nice topic!

edit on 2-3-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 2-3-2020 by Waterglass because: added

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join