It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona - Covid19 - General Discussion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Can we get a link to the original thread please.

edit on 2-3-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: GoShredAK

You’re not. At least I hope not, supposed to be a dry congestion. I think I actually might have picked it up.

I’ve been having trouble breathing off and on for a couple weeks. I work weddings in CA and two weekends ago the brides family was from the Philippines. It was in the wild by then. I’ve been trying to take it easy, but my fight/flight has been in overdrive. Stupid update threads and my sophomoric musings haven’t helped.

F’ing terrifying, being short of breath. Been sick before. I feel fine most all the time, after the serious fever two weeks ago. But seriously I’ve never dealt with shortness of breath even though I smoke.

Trying to quit has been a B. But I want to live. You should too. Take care of yourself friend.

If you aren't going to go to the doctor you may want to pick up a O2 finger sensor which reads your blood oxygen level. They are less then $50. If you O2 level are below 95% you may want to see a doctor.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
a reply to: and14263

Can we get a link to the original thread please.

Damn, I never thought to do that when I started the thread. It was so popular it seemed almost irrelevant. I'm unfortunately past the point of being able to edit it now.
Well anyway, here is a link to thread currently ongoing...

Coronoa Virus Updates Part 4

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: liejunkie01
Watch Contagion, it’s very similar in ways.its on Netflix. I forgot I bought it a few years ago and watched it again.

I have actually been watching it a little at a time. I have to wait till my 5 year old goes to bed to catch a little bit of it at night.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

using a mask is not paranoia! stop saying that.

Some of us are taking care of the elderly in our families, who probably will die when they are exposed to the virus. I may not going to die from covid, but It is most likely that I will become a carrier.
Knowing how to use a mask when you get close to them, deliver food and their very much needed medication, it makes all the difference in the world to them!

Dont you have parents? Grandparents? Elders you care about?

Exactly it's not just me I'll be fine likely, but got my Mom 80 coming off hip surgery and my sister long time smoker 61 and my kids in Washington State and Ohio. That doesn't even count extended families

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

Thank you for starting this thread.
I needed a place to discuss the COVID 19 without being constantly being chastized for doing it.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Link

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This virus poses so many dilemmas.

I've mentioned in the regular thread my 14 yr old became sick after her classmates returned from DC. I was sure it's was going to be strep because it's the thing my kids always get.
My family hasn't ever had they flu. Stomach bugs, yes, not the official flu. Now I'm left with doctor questions, school questions just everyday choices I wouldnt normally rethink.

14yr old
Monday 24th sleeps nonstop wakes with fever of 99.6
Tues 24th cough feels like something stuck in throat (fever responds to meds) late 24th sore throat
Wednesday 25th fever gone still coughing but now producing.
Thursday sore throat cough
Fast forward today, fine but with a nasty cough. If I keep her home I have to take her to the doctor. I need a note.

But-- do I explain to the doctor her friends were in DC I have no clue who they were in contact with? That's another whole thing.

Thursday 24th my 22yr old gets it same pattern. Fatigue, fever, cough( dry than nasty sounding producing)also hit her with the big D. Her fever wouldn't drop below 99.7 with meds. This was alternating Tylenol/Motrin (Was hanging around 102.) Sunday the 1st fever is gone but that cough! No muscle aches though.

Now I'm left with, if the cough lingers when do I doctor? Or do we ride it out?

Does it matter if it's the virus if they recovered? I don't know- are there long term complications?

Now i feel like I've got something stuck in my throat. Fun times.

Flu like symptoms are too generic and will cause lots of people to seek help who wouldn't causing more issues.

Myself would always stay put. But what to do when it's your kids? When do you make the choice to seek help or continue home treatment for them?

edit on 2-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
----pure musings---no specific info gathered from anywhere official

I feel like the virus has been circulating a lot longer than most give it credit for, perhaps 4-6+ weeks in some areas. A lot of people have either got it or had it and didn't really notice because there wasn't any media agenda for it outside of China. That's good and bad news if true. It's good because most who get it, get better and it isn't that big of a deal for them. It's' bad because minor symptoms in a carrier population expose more at-risk patients than a fast burner with nastier symptoms.

If I were a cartoon supervillain in real life and not just one in my profile pic and if I wanted to target a specific high-risk population, this would be the carrier/progression model I'd use.
edit on 2-3-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I just want to report from Ohio. My husband went to the Doctor on the 20th of February for a routine visit. He got a flu shot. The next day he came down with something in his chest. Within a week he was back to the Dr. Said his lungs were clear but was diagnosing him with bronchitis. He's still a hot mess. It's coughing and shortness of breath.

Thing is I don't get sick with cold, flu's or viruses. There is a thread around here, from years ago, that I made attributing my good health to coconut oil. My 10 year streak got tossed out the window last week. I have coughing and shortness of breath. I have underlying conditions and I smoke. I'm talking can't walk to the bathroom without getting short of breath. It's the same with my husband, who doesn't have any underlying conditions and does not smoke.

Whatever we have is nasty. It's as nasty as it comes.

I think this crap has being going around for weeks but no one has been testing for it specifically.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
People have been posting this guys videos up on the other thread for quite a while now.
I just watched his latest one, and the first 5 minutes should give pause for thought.

He is saying that it is potentially spreadable after only 12-24 hours of contracting it! That is way way sooner than I'd expected. You don't have to be amazing at math to combine that with 2-4 weeks of no symptoms to come to your own conclusions.
Though he seems to think it is spreading to about 2.6 people per infected person. That to me seems a very low estimate given what I stated above.

Also, a quick thanks to everyone contributing to this thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

OOPS! My Bad, I meant to write for what the Human Immunodeficiency VIRUS which causes

AIDS = Acquired Immuno DEFICIENCY Syndrome

that is: "virii-viruses" are the Cause of "a disease"

"disease" means . . . UTSE and look it up in a dictionary and you'll get something like;

Virus classification From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org...

Virus classification is the process of naming viruses and placing them into a taxonomic system. Similar to the classification systems used for cellular organisms, virus classification is the subject of ongoing debate and proposals.

This is mainly due to the pseudo-living nature of viruses, which is to say they are non-living particles with some chemical characteristics similar to those of life, or non-cellular life.

As such, they do not fit neatly into the established biological classification system in place for cellular organisms. Viruses are mainly classified by phenotypic characteristics, such as morphology, nucleic acid type, mode of replication, host organisms, and the type of disease they cause.

Viral classification starts at the level of realm and continues as follows, with the taxon suffixes given in italics[5]:

Realm (-viria)

Subrealm (-vira)

Kingdom (-viriae)

Subkingdom (-virites)

Phylum (-viricota)

Subphylum (-viricotina)

Class (-viricetes)

Subclass (-viricetidae)

Order (-virales)

Suborder (-virineae)

Family (-viridae)

Subfamily (-virinae)

Genus (-virus)

Subgenus (-virus)

Species

Species names often take the form of [Disease] virus, particularly for higher plants and animals. As of November 2018, only phylum, subphylum, class, order, suborder, family, subfamily, genus, and species are used.

The establishment of an order is based on the inference that the virus families it contains have most likely evolved from a common ancestor.

The majority of virus families remain unplaced.

RNA viruses Further information: RNA virus

Group III: viruses possess double-stranded RNA genomes, e.g. rotavirus.

Group IV: viruses possess positive-sense single-stranded RNA genomes. Many well known viruses are found in this group, including the picornaviruses (which is a family of viruses that includes well-known viruses like Hepatitis A virus, enteroviruses, rhinoviruses, poliovirus, and foot-and-mouth virus), SARS virus, hepatitis C virus, yellow fever virus, and rubella virus.

Group V: viruses possess negative-sense single-stranded RNA genomes.

The deadly Ebola and Marburg viruses are well known members of this group, along with influenza virus, measles, mumps and rabies.

12. Coronaviridae Corona virus Enveloped Helical

Coronaviridae is a family of enveloped, positive-sense, single-stranded RNA viruses.

The viral genome is 26–32 kilobases in length.

The particles are typically decorated with large (~20 nm), club- or petal-shaped surface projections (the "peplomers" or "spikes"), which in electron micrographs of spherical particles create an image reminiscent of the solar corona.

The newest addition is the SARS-CoV-2 (Wuhan 2020 nCOV), - - - showing so far,, a lower mortality rate than v the MERS- and SARS-coronavirus members.

The family Coronaviridae is organized in 2 sub-families, 5 genera, 23 sub-genera and about 40 species

"about 40 species" means that CoV-2 is just one of many variations - - => with mutations being The Big "problem"

with many viruses i.e. the "common cold virus" is also a "coronavirus"

While the clinical presentation of the virus can be severe, it has also been found in mild cases of respiratory infection. The comorbidity of HCoV-NL63 with other respiratory infections, has made the specific symptoms of the virus difficult to pinpoint.

A study of clinical symptoms in HCoV-NL63 patients without secondary infection, reported the most common symptoms to be fever, cough, rhinitis, sore throat, hoarseness, bronchitis, bronchiolitis, pneumonia, and croup.

An early study investigating children with lower respiratory tract illness, found that HCoV-NL63 was more commonly found in outpatients than hospitalized patients, suggesting that it is a common cold virus similar to HCoV-229E and HCoV-OC43, which generally cause less severe symptoms.

However, the high frequency of croup is specific to HCoV-NL63 infection

It is believed that the route of HCoV-NL63 spread is through direct person-to-person transmission in highly populated areas.

The virus can survive for up to a week in outside of the body in aqueous solutions at room temperature and three hours on dry surfaces.

Most people will be infected with a coronavirus in their lifetime, but some populations are more susceptible to HCoV-NL63.

These population include children under the age of 5, the elderly, and immunocompromised individuals.

The virus seems to have seasonal incidence, occurring most frequently in the winter months in temperate climates.

In more extreme and tropical climates the virus has no preference toward a particular season.

Many studies have reported the co-occurrence of HCoV-NL63 with other human coronavirus, Infl uenza A virus, Human orthopneumovirus (RSV), parainfluenza virus, and Human metapneumovirus

That last sentence says a Lot - - essentially it appears that Coronavirii often come in 'groups' with HCoV-NL63 being a common pair!

Considering once a person gets a virus, they develop antibodies for that particular virus e.g. (NL-63))
BUT as it says above,

some populations are more susceptible to HCoV-NL63.
and MOST people get NL-63 at least once in their life and IF they have NL-63, they are more susceptible to the HCoV- variants including HCoV-19 I would surmise.

TL
R: It's not a "new" virus, it's a "new mutation" If a well known family of viruses - - which cause the 'flu' which tends to mutate regularly which is why some people are more susceptible than others.

Hmmmm, could be a "designer virus" that's been initially used in Iran but has spread and the PTB are using Wuhan as a "distraction" - - - it wouldn't surprise me If Both the US and ??? (Israel?) have been using a 'weaponised version' in Iran that "got out and away from" the target areas.

What's worse is that in the past decade, genetic engineering techniques are getting SO effective at making a virus "species specific" - - and Iran IS considered a part of Asia . . . maybe it was an "accident" and . . . you can wonder yourself, IDK any more than what's online

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyJetson

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: [post=24985245]primalfractal[/post

Covid-19 is I guess a acronym co=corona vid= virus disease 19=2019

You guess correctly friend

Name and morphology The name "coronavirus" is derived from the Latin corona and the Greek κορώνη (korṓnē, "garland, wreath"), meaning crown or halo.

The name refers to the characteristic appearance of virions (the infective form of the virus) by electron microscopy, which have a fringe of large, bulbous surface projections creating an image reminiscent of a crown or of a solar corona.

This morphology is created by the viral spike (S) peplomers, which are proteins on the surface of the virus that determine host tropism.

en.wikipedia.org...

the article I've linked is HALF true, half assumption - - one thing IS certain, there's a LOT of it in Iran => it will affect US troops returning home, no?

Personally I think it's a kind of distraction

watch this www.youtube.com...

The Don is about to destroy the Federal Reserve and replace it with the Real Federal Reserve bank, i.e. like most countries governments run bank, which the US Federal Reserve is not! He's doing what JFK wanted to do, but the timing must be just right;

Bottom line; ALL current US currency will be "changed" into a (probably gold backed) currency, which Fred and Fanny Average WILL GET a "dollar for dollar replacement" for their money,

but if/when China will try to call in the Billions of $'s of US bonds it holds, which WILL "bankrupt the Fed" -- and there'll be NO 'bail out'

It will be replaced by a completely new "version" of the US dollar - - which has probably taken a few years just to print enough notes to replace those in circulation - - with caveats in place re: "offshore accounts" AND at the same time -

STOP ALL and Any "offshore accounts holding "US dollars" from repatriating their US dollars - will FAIL and so will their major stockholders

It will be a rough ride for a bit, but nothing like what the "elites/0.1%" are in for when they can't liquidate their offshore holdings. BooYah!

Think the Panama papers PLUS every "tax haven" instantly becoming 'worthless' . . . as will hose who created them over the past 60yrs

like how Trump "took out" all those super rich Arabs a few years back. By the time the dust has settled, things will be looking like NOTHING we have Ever seen or experienced. Don Trumptor IS "one with The Force" that will financially emasculate ALL of them!

I think this is All part of the Plan . . . and the virus is a 'diversion' to 'stage left' when the Real action is happening on stage Right!

BTW, whatever happened to all those "sealed indictments"? Tens of thousands of them! How many do you think will begin to be 'unsealed' soon re: this? me thinks LOTS!

Has anyone considered many of them might be related to "tax fraud" of the (once) "too big to fail so we'll bail them out with YOUR tax dollars" mobs !?

As Trump would know, some "care not who makes the laws, , "the Golden Rule will stand and 'he who HAS the Gold, makes the rules"?

Except that "this time" the US Federal Reserve bank will be like Australia's Reserve Bank, which the Oz Govt "controls"

Unlike the Fed, which the US Govt (currently) does Not control in any way! Run by the Swamp monsters like Madoff et al -
Although many here can explain this much better than I ... anyone care to join the speculation -- the Trillion dollar bearer bonds and all that "lost gold" post WW2 -- not to mention what happened to the Gelt in the Vaults in the basements' of WTC7 that 'disappeared' in a puff of smoke!

Ever heard of Yama#a's Gold? The Japanese STOLE a huge amount of Chinese gold last century and arent keen to return it ... remeber Benjamin Fulford? That shoot's for realz AND it's still in front of the courts . . . very quietly moving along.

That makes Chris Angel look like an amateur

It's NOT "if The Don and Team can do it", it's when . . . and they can And will DO it

As Q has now said many times for the past year or so - - "We've WON, so now sit back and enjoy the show" . . .

When the US Government owns/runs The Real Federal Reserve ... those who didn't try and scam the system will be Fine ... but those with US dollars "offshore" it's going to be a whole 'nother story

Do you know why Britain DID NOT JOIN the European Union for few years AFTER it began? Because there were far Too many "elites" with "undisclosed funds in undisclosed locations" would have HAD to declare them

It took an army of lawyers and banksters a few years to 'set things straight' . . . so they wouldn't be disclosed. Not for much longer IMHO

^^This
Still prep for martial law
They will use that as cover when making the arrests
Military tribunals at GITMO
Sentences carried out immediately
edit on 2-3-2020 by Spypants because: Didn’t show in post

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

He is saying that it is potentially spreadable after only 12-24 hours of contracting it! That is way way sooner than I'd expected. You don't have to be amazing at math to combine that with 2-4 weeks of no symptoms to come to your own conclusions.
Though he seems to think it is spreading to about 2.6 people per infected person. That to me seems a very low estimate given what I stated above.

Well, if his numbers are correct, then what this boils down to is that chances of being infected when having contact with the virus are quite low.

In let's say 3 weeks, how many people do you shake hands with, kiss, exchange money with, touch surfaces they will touch, etc? That would be a lot, yet only 2.6 of them are infected.

soulwaxer

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks!

Fyi, one stat provider I've been using/watching is this one, which has a number of different ways of looking at the numbers, one of whihc is most important to me, is the risk of death broken down by ages and risk factors.

First question - is this a reliable site (as far as that can go at this time)?

Second question - am I the only one who sees these numbers, and doesn't see anything resembling justification for some of the fear-mongering and panic-promoting that we are seeing in lots of different places (including here)?

Again, I'm not saying this is nothing, and I'm not saying 'this is like the flu' - although in reality, from the numbers so far, it is much more like a more serious form of the flu, than it is a world ending apocalypse virus.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

In let's say 3 weeks, how many people do you shake hands with, kiss, exchange money with, touch surfaces they will touch, etc? That would be a lot, yet only 2.6 of them are infected.

soulwaxer

So much is dependent upon the data given, and there are some seemingly genuine concerns for data fixing or obfuscation to keep the fear/panic levels down. I understand the reasoning behind that, but it doesn't help in getting to the reality of it.

I hope you are right, but it just seems a bit low-balling to me. Time will tell all. It just seems a bit of a low transmission rate when put into the context of governmental reaction. I'd be interested to see similar stats for other illnesses. Perhaps a good way to compare its effectiveness.

edit on 2-3-2020 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Thanks!

Fyi, one stat provider I've been using/watching is this one, which has a number of different ways of looking at the numbers, one of whihc is most important to me, is the risk of death broken down by ages and risk factors.

First question - is this a reliable site (as far as that can go at this time)?

Second question - am I the only one who sees these numbers, and doesn't see anything resembling justification for some of the fear-mongering and panic-promoting that we are seeing in lots of different places (including here)?

Again, I'm not saying this is nothing, and I'm not saying 'this is like the flu' - although in reality, from the numbers so far, it is much more like a more serious form of the flu, than it is a world ending apocalypse virus.

I'm not sure I can answer the first question myself. You have to assume it has some basis in reality. That's about as much as I've got.

Second question... well, that is my eyebrow raising question too. When you weigh up what we are being told against the heavy reactions, you have to wonder why. When the reaction seems out of proportion to the action, then we know that information about one or the other is being manipulated. The question is, which one? If we can work that out, then we need to work out why. I'm thinking less that this is manufactured, but more a major act of nature that is seriously hindering plans. The panic seems to be at the top, not on the street... yet they seem to be pretending everything is fine.

That could be worth a bit of deeper thought. Something, without doubt is out of balance... it is the big question really.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just FYI
No link, saw on my local news this morning that Alaska Airlines is actually offering free refunds and ticket changes for the next ten days to anyone who wants to do so. This is being offered to every ticket holder regardless of what the original ticket parameters were. Yes it is due to Coronavirus fears, many of their flights go through Seattle.

Just found it interesting that they are going to voluntarily give up so much revenue. They’ve always been a good company though and may be doing this proactively to be able to keep that appearance. The offer is only good until March 12 though.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myrtales Instinct
I just want to report from Ohio. My husband went to the Doctor on the 20th of February for a routine visit. He got a flu shot. The next day he came down with something in his chest. Within a week he was back to the Dr. Said his lungs were clear but was diagnosing him with bronchitis. He's still a hot mess. It's coughing and shortness of breath.

So do you think he picked it up in his doc's office?

I have two annual visits in April; really NOT wanting to go but don't want to get kicked out of the practices either.
I'm in Ohio too.[ I'm immunosuppressed from a kidney transplant. I consider all hospitals and many practices' offices hot zones.
edit on 2-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Thank you. I know it is/are. Never had trouble trying to fall asleep only to bolt up as if I’m drowning. It ain’t cool

edit on 2-3-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join