It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth 'will expire by 2050'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You have the right idea, but the wrong means. Our planet will expire, only when the 'hostile alien's' plan is complete. As we speak right now there is a large dwarf star hurdling through space. The star was attached in a binary system, that was, until the alien civilization harnessed its energy output to be directed towards our solar system, by means of gravitional interaction. Scientist don't want you to know, but the star will be here be the year 2012. The alien project first began in reference to our events in the 1930's/40's when massive amounts of radio waves capable of leaving our atmosphere began reaching their various outpost. Once detected, the alien race began to assume us as a "hostile" environment. They began to monitor or communications and progress of LASER technology. And it wasn't until 1944? when the 'incident' in Roswell New Mexico happend that they gave word to launch the operation. Once the star has reached our solar system, it will tilt the balance of electromagneticgravitional forces which bind together our balance of life at such a pace that we will not adapt. Our only hope as of right now is to create a thick insulated atmosphere integrated with silicon waffers which act as solar sails to propel earth away from the disaster. This method may also involve harvesting the gravitional forces of Jupiter and Saturn and convert the two into micro-stars, capable of propelling this incomming star. The plan of the aliens wasn't realised until the late 1950's with the advent of the space race. There have been in the past several decades been atempts to convert the two mentioned planets into stars, all unsuccefully. Though time remains, there is still the advent of a greater technology, time travel, which may be our only possible means of existence.

-my two cents

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The atlantic conveyor belt shut down 11,000 years ago, and it not only affected Europe, but also the America's.

Actually it is widely accepted that the last major ice age was due to a slight wobble in the Earth's axis. The mini ice age in Europe in the 1600's is believed to have been caused by the conveyor shutting down for a short period of time. These are highly debatable and there are many other reasons for these events that have been suggested, but these are the strongest rationale that best fit the facts. Remember the conveyor carries warm water at the equator up into the waters of Europe, and then brings cold arctic water back down to the North American eastern coast.

Frosty: ............................................ what? You gotta hook me up with your dealer's number cus he definitely has got the good stuff.

> another thing. At this time there is no known energy source that could replace oil. Even the combined output of every other alternative source be it windmills, solar collection, biodiesels.. everything put together, barely equals to a quarter of what oil provides. Unfortunately it is a giant feedback loop. If some sort of amazing new technology were discovered, cold fusion for example, in the form of a little box you could hook up to anything and it would just sit there pulling hydrogen out of water and turning it into energy, it would be capable of replacing nearly every aspect of oil supplied energy. This in turn would mean oil would only be useful for producing things like jet fuel and other fuels for machinery that would require combustion of an oil based refinement. The value of a barrel of oil would plumet, and the US economy, which gets a cut every time a barrel of oil is sold anywhere in the world (oildollars) would collapse. Thanks to the interdependance of economies, the exportation of grains and other food products from the US, and the immense corporate industries within, the rest of the modern world would be essentially screwed.

It is a bit of a predicament.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by apc]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Me thinks not: I feel that as we approach 2050 the advancements in nanotech and nuclear fusion could have come to full fruitation in the commercial sector providing some relief. Not to say that this relief will be felt in all countries, no for many countries the situation will get worse as they get crowded while their resources dry up, but humanity as a whole and the industrilised countries in particular could challenge that expiration date with concepts like OTEC etc. but oilcompanies dictate that we only make the big switch if there is no other choice...

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I am wishing that we can do a polar shift and great tsunamis run over the land and mtns. fall and rise..i do wish for 4 billion to die...it is actually a very enlightening thought....
i can not stand to see man rape the earth..condem them all.

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The oil companies have little to do with dictating our futures. The fact that the foundation of economy is oil, is the problem. Once the foundation crumbles, there is nothing to fill the void (even cold fusion would be a square peg... if you could make cold fusion a black icky liquid and barrel it up and sell it in oildollars, then we would be ok).

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well personaly i agree that the Earth is a ticking time bomb and that when our planet has decided that it has had enough of us, then it will just stop. I dont know how or when, but we will find out one day. How much more can it take?

The main problem about this is ourselves. We Humans are killing our planet, which in the long run means we are killing ourselves. So yeah, in a way we are actualy killing off man kind....

I feel that one day soon something drastic is going to hapen from the way we treat the planet. When mother nature decides she is going to do something, then she makes sure the whole world knows about it, just look at the Tsunami...No one could have stopped that no matter how rich or powerfull our countries are....

Until something big happens, and it affects us all and hits us on our heads, then we will keep on living the way we do.....

Bare with me, that was my 2nd post

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I say that there aren't a wide selection of ways to stop our population from absorbing the amount of resources it does, and our Earth has always been a "let's do what's best for what's happening now and worry about the consequences later" so I would have to say that we are going to worry about it later when the true problems start to occur ?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeh, we're running out of space, but think about it, most of our planet is ocean, so what are we supposed to do?
I don't care what happens to Earth, I was born here, and I'll die here, not on some other planet or on the way to one! I'll just wait for everyone to leave then have my own country!

I do agree that we need to take care of our planet before we 'break' another one...

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Doing high speed runs on totally abandoned highways certainly will be fun

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I was thinking more of driving a tank down one, blowing cars up as you go etc...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Umm...The earth will not expire by 2050, however the Earth could expire US(the Human Race) by 2050 if we are not carefull.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I didn't think we'd expire the Earth in 50 years. We are running out of space, we are polluting the world, so yes, the Earth will kill us before we kill Earth.

I've forgotten the name, but the water flow that brings UK it's hot water [though the sea] will stop to flow, so the north of UK will freeze, and UK will be thrown into a hundred year winter, the worst since the Ice Age...

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Nexus that is the North Atlantic Conveyor discussed above in this thread. Yup the Earth is very good at maintaining balance stability within its ecosystem. It has done so for billions of years and succeeded in restoring balance after every major global catastrophy. Once we screw things up enough, we will trigger a drastic reaction that counteracts the imbalance and corrects it.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thatnks for the name, I watched a show about it a few days ago [Horizon for all your Brits]. After Britain freezes, other countires will aswell, Caribean sea will get too hot and temperatures will rise because hot water will have know-where to go... So, we need to sort out now, or Earth will do it for us...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
what we are doing to ourselfs over a period of time the earth can do to us in seconds...dont worry about it..it will happen...

we can help it along if ya want..

if i had a big bomb and an airplane ticket,to higher elevations..i could blow up these certain islands on a fault line in the atlantic..they would cause a tsunami that would wash over to the plaines if the usa..from east to west..

the earth has its own triggers.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
coliniseing other panets is a good idea but we just dont have that capabillity yet and apears we are far from seeing that sort of thing happen so I wouldnt bet on that just yet.

kano I will never ever look at picture by your name before I have my first 2 morning cups of coffee again!!!
lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join