It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 Percentages Of Patients With Smoking History Are Very Low

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Interesting I know my grandfather once told me doctors use to tell you to smoke when you where sick it helps you cought it out ... I thought he was crazzy

5 teeth pulled hear never had dry socket only people I know who have did it with a slurpee

This is crazy and I find it hard to believe but I was once a smoker. I had bronchitis really badly one time and the only time I stopped coughing was when I smoked.

I quit smoking a long time ago and now I've got asthma and am always coughing and hacking.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

If you had asthma about thirty years ago older doctors will tell you to start smoking when you have an attack. Chemists used to sell Datura cones which you lit and inhaled. Certain chemicals stop an attack. A mate of mine used to have it but his wife made him give up smoking, a while later he died during an attack, but such is life.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's the disclaimer natural tobacco or as natural as you can get it. They even use rice as a filler in Taylor made ciggs. which if burnt is a known carcinogen.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ha just came across this one that breaks the smokers and ex smokers down into a probability, it seems their is actually some merit in the ops statement . www.sott.net...

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The first thing a nursing home does is take away smokes from their patients.

These people know they are dieing and many want just to enjoy their time left and many had given up smoking years ago.

In most cases smoking again is not going to kill them. though many would not care and some just want to die in peace.

The first thing my grandfather wanted when he went into a nursing home was a carton of smokes and he had aplastic anemia and was only given 6 months.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: infolurker

Ha just came across this one that breaks the smokers and ex smokers down into a probability, it seems their is actually some merit in the ops statement . www.sott.net...

former smokers too?

From everything I've heard it kills smokers first

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

But wouldn't that be the spin if this was a deigned pandemic. It would be a waste of time if the smoking rates were what they were a few years ago. First you would have to vilify smoking, then the obesity rates would go up, along with the diabetes , then release the thing for a decent culling. In one of the studies smoking reduced the rate of Parkinson's by a whopping 75%. Never in human history has so much money been spent of trying to stop a legal pastime. Now only the rich can afford a smoke, but I guess that's Darwinism.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I smoke heave I also biked heavy doctors can not even tell I smoke and when i tell them they look at me funny am 54 btw DRY socket from teeth being pulled . Well all my life i ground my teeth in my sleep they were like broken glass and in the end i had to have them all pulled . Out of the pulling ONLY one a WISDOM tooth that NEVER erupted got dry socket .
That happened because I sucked the blood clot out of the socket ( as the dentist will tell you tooth pulled and sucking like say a lollypop is bad )
anyway it was only a pain because i had to keep food out of it untill it had time to close up from the sides I finly got a baby's snot sucker thingy use fill with water squirt clean socket .
after about 3 weeks the skin filled the socket and every one lived happy ever after .
PS there was ZERO pain involved the whole time .

As for the rest of this post who would have figured smoking would mean I am less likely to get sick .
PS for the record I think cancer is more about genetics then smoking ( not saying smoking is good or cant cause it .
My grandfather smoked 3 packs a day pallmall and died at 86 My father smokes like a chimney and last i know he is still alive .
As i said I am 54 and Because I ride Bikes so much ( untill 3 months back around 6 Miles a day average ) Doctors who excamaned me could not believe i smoked saying your lungs sound compleatly normal blood pressure BETTER then normal for my age group .

Over all if not for so many broken if not for a lost eye and busted cartilage and a few broken bones that ake in cold weather I am in good shape . Ps really should quite smoking and live to be a 100 good genis run strong in my family .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join