It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 Percentages Of Patients With Smoking History Are Very Low

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It's probably more effective if you always chew some fresh garlic, it kills bacteria & virus and keeps other people at a safe distance.
#lifehack

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
That’s good to know because I smoke.
I did read today an article on who is at risk, it said smoking isn’t high risk unless you have a lung disease.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   

LOLz. Those 4 out of 5 doctors were right! Smokers enjoy life!!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

What crap, you have tooth pulled, keep smoking and develop a dry socket then get back to me on your experience....

The experience went well.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

What crap, you have tooth pulled, keep smoking and develop a dry socket then get back to me on your experience....

The experience went well.

Its a lesson I will never forget.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

a reply to: scubagravy

I was sure you were a manly supporter..

In have all sorts of smoking related illnesses, kinda makes it personal.

Haha, no, I used to live west of Sydney, and I will admit, Manly is my favourite beach, but I was brainwashed as a kid from my uncle... Sharks forever , it’s taught me humility and resilience lol.

When I was young around 17 I did demolition, didn’t realise it was asbestos that we were breaking down. I was the fittest fellas growing up. When I was 25 I had lung xrays and it showed a thick cloud over my lungs. I’d never smoked. I can only put it down to asbestos related COPD. Tookup smoking pot weirdly at 35, never had respitory issues since nor cold and flu, I eat healthy, exercise....always have.

I hope your lungs aren’t too bad mate, I’ve always done a lot of swimming underwater (SCUBA) and it’s helped a lot, 👍

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Dry socket I imagine is like.....

Barb wire rectal examination.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Must depend on certain factors. I smoked right after I got out of the building.frozen lips made it hard to put in my mouth though.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

Dry socket I imagine is like.....

Barb wire rectal examination.

Luckily I've only had dry socket...

I appreciate your good humour and will send my drunk ass to bed without further to do.
edit on 1-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   

From what I heard, the Sulphur Dioxide levels in the air around Wuhan spiked.

My guess is they 'smoked em' all.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It makes sense .

We re the only animals that do smoke , but not the only animals with lungs .

As a zoonotic pandemic pathogen it's expectant and perhaps dependent on certain (lung)conditions .

So if it's received into a hostile environment it's not geared to being in, and that retards it's operations somewhat , then that might well explain the figurative diversions .
edit on 1-3-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I've had dentists tell me smokers have less bacterial decay on their teeth, because the tobacco smoke hinders bacterial life in the mouth.

I do not want to say there are benefits to smoking or drinking, or any bad habit. But there are countless articles and personal anecdotes I have come across that do not support the official narrative.

I smoke and had my wisdom teeth and two molars pulled. I smoked the entire time and never developed dry socket. I was smoking within 5 minutes of walking out of the office.

edit on 1-3-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The other benefit to bad habits like smoking and drinking is that the music scene is better and chimps don't walk up and start babbling at you about whatever nonsense happens to be crossing their tiny little minds.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

I've had dentists tell me smokers have less bacterial decay on their teeth, because the tobacco smoke hinders bacterial life in the mouth.

I do not want to say there are benefits to smoking or drinking, or any bad habit. But there are countless articles and personal anecdotes I have come across that do not support the official narrative.

I smoke and had my wisdom teeth and two molars pulled. I smoked the entire time and never developed dry socket. I was smoking within 5 minutes of walking out of the office.

It seriously took you that long????
I've smoked just as fast as I could flic a Bic. But you do have to take care of the packing in the hole. Not inhaling like a hoover also helps. Gotta go easy at first.

Good news about smoking interfering with the coronavirus!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

During the 15-year study 5,000 of the 7,000 men died. Deaths in current smokers were about 50% higher than in never smokers (HR=1.50), due chiefly to vascular disease (HR=1.34), cancer (HR=1.74) and respiratory disease (HR=2.39).

Deaths in former smokers were 15% higher than in never smokers (HR=1.15), due chiefly to cancer (HR=1.24) and respiratory disease (HR=1.58). Compared with never smokers, men who had quit smoking within the previous 25 years (median 14 years) had a 28% higher mortality rate (HR=1.28) while men who quit >25 years ago (median 35 years) had no significant excess risk (HR=1.05).

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Are we going to get back to science and hypothesize about ALL the additive chemicals in cigarettes as being a possible factor?

Like identifying each chemical beyond nicotine, plant material and the byproduct compounds present during burning?

Focusing on the process of smoking, its effects and just nicotine is a bit narrow, no?🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It's not a causal relationship. COPD makes it difficult to get out and do things, staying inside more means less chance for exposure. There are lots of explanations, it's unlikely smoking is protective against exposure.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Probably pretty simple. Our bodies adapt better than we know. Fighting off the smoke probably strengthened processes to fight it.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Interesting I know my grandfather once told me doctors use to tell you to smoke when you where sick it helps you cought it out ... I thought he was crazzy

5 teeth pulled hear never had dry socket only people I know who have did it with a slurpee

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Probably better off smoking marijuana!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join