It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howdy from Texas (I feel obligated to say howdy)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Good afternoon/morning to everyone.

I have been lurking for a while on this site and have enjoyed reading the discussions on here. I finally created an account to be able to participate.
I grew up in the Kansas city area before joining the Army. I moved to Texas when I left the Army and love it here.

Fun fact about myself. I am a Freemason and that is one of the reasons I wanted to create this account. I have seen some anti Freemason posts on there that had wrong information. I am not here to argue with anyone, just want to give them the correct information and let other readers decide.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Threeknocks
Welcome. Glad to have ya !!!

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

G'day mate!

Welcome to ATS!

P

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Born and raised in Texas. Haven't lived there in years but you know what they say. You can take the boy out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the boy..

Welcome....

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Welcome and I call rubbish..Three knocks back for the Trinity.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Hello and welcome!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Cool. I've known a couple Freemasons. I've also heard conspiracy theories about satanic worshiping at the top, but that it's kept secret. Similar to in Scientology, I suppose, where they keep the part of aliens secret from the majority.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Howdy from Canada!
Welcome.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I think we do have a few members who are masons.
Remember the tin-foil hat folding lessons are a must and bring the heavy duty stuff but don't let DB Cowboy borrow it, I'm not saying what he wraps in tin-foil!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I found that the foil for grilling works best.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

...I've also heard conspiracy theories about satanic worshiping at the top, but that it's kept secret. Similar to in Scientology, I suppose, where they keep the part of aliens secret from the majority.

That is one of the reasons it took me a while to join. I read about the conspiracy theories and I was not sure I wanted to be apart of something like that. I talked to a good friend and coworker, that is a 33°Scottish Rite Mason, and asked him lots of questions about Freemasonry before joining. Most of the questions I had was from the conspiracy videos that I have seen. I ended up talking to him for almost a year before going to visit a lodge to check it out myself.

While Freemasonry is religious in nature, it is not a religion or a replacement for religion, but rather compliments it. Religion and politics are two topics that we are not allowed to talk about in a lodge and it is strictly enforced. This is because these two topics divide people rather than bringing people together.

Yes there are secrets that we can not talk about, but any fraternity or sorority at any college has similar secrets. I have wondered what my wife had to do for her initiation to her sorority while she was in college. She will not give up her secrets and I have not told her about mine also.

I like talking about Freemasonry because I met some awesome people and enjoy being a part of an organization that helps the local community. For me it is similar to the brotherhood that we had in the Army. We check up on each other and help each other out when it is needed.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Don't worry about the conspiracy theory thing. Most folks are conspiracy theorists to one degree or another. It just depends on which theory you choose.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Thank you! I hope that I will be able to contribute to the discussions on here.

top topics

join