It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

south carolina primary thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

The polling data is close with Bernie vs Trump and Biden vs Trump. Biden is currently +5.4, while Bernie is +4.9.

It is interesting to note that Bernie is ahead in all 8 polls used, the closest being Emerson at +2. Biden is ahead in 7 of 8, and behind in the Emerson poll by 4 points.

If I recall correctly from 2016, the Emerson was one of the few polls that consistently had Trump beating Hillary.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

South Carolina is his pity F and consolation prize. I can't imagine any other state turning it out for ol' Joe.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Ahabstar

Biden has no platform no program, it's all just "anti-Trump".

His platform is "Mini-Obama".

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Emerson College predicts Clinton will win the Electoral College, 323 to 215.

thehill.com...

There is only one poll that matters, it's not Emerson. For the life of me the name is escaping me at the moment.

ETA: IBD/TIPP I think.
edit on 1-3-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Warren won't even win her own home state. She is a perpetual fourth-placer and an albatross for anyone dumb enough to consider her for dog-catcher, let alone VP.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It will be Nina Turner. Hide and watch.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The election is going to be difficult for democrats regardless who ultimately wins.

They have to take credit for the economy (Obama) and at the same time change it because what they say is Trump is bad and is doing it wrong.

They want to claim that the economy is all Obama yet reverse it because fewer blacks and minorities are dependent on government under Trump and they can't abide that.

How can they justify raising taxes if tax revenue is way up due to the higher employment of everyone?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I’m going to strongly suggest Ohio Governor Mike DeWine for the Dem VP slot. Yes, he is a “Republican”, but is actually a RINO. But it can be billed as “reaching across the aisle to rebuild America” or whatever way you want to spin it.

Gun Grabber? Makes Bloomberg look like a gun runner.
Free Stuff? Makes Warren Look like an Indian Giver.
Ohio will be 100% in the bag if you have DeWine as your VP nominee. Yeah there will be Trump votes to make it look good. But you will have rural counties that have never ever voted for a Democrat for anything, turn solid blue. Even long time GOP members will help. Why you may ask? All to keep the people from adding Public Recalls to the Ohio Constitution, because they will make it available to special elections and for any officeholder.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Waaaht? Its a Great day for America! Bye bye "G" man Tom Steyer.

Heres a diddy:

Knock, knock. Who's there? Its me. Whose me? Is that you Hillary? You Betcha! No no not Sarah Palin! Its me . Hillary! I am out campin on the back 40 lot over in Columbia, South Carolina near the Convention Center. Its a might chilly down here. So cold it froze Mr Green Tom Steyer right otta the race. Hay you know I have 24 / 7 police protection as they film all the cops shows here live in Columbia. Guns and Roses you know. Now that's campin not campaigningI Right? I reckon that as I am peakin through the crack in the out house door in South Carolina after Tom Steyer took a dump and the Bernie Wagon is off in a ditch somewhere on I20 that I get me back in the saddle again. Hay you know me and saddles! I always wanted to be on top and this is my chance again.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
All they need to do is change that tax law that gives to the rich and takes from the poor and the progress that Obama made will continue.
It's not that hard because trump hasn't been all that smart and it will be pretty easy to wash his stench out of the drapes and upholstery.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Obama's progress? The bottom 40% had the largest wage growth under either Trump or Obama, want to guess who?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
All they need to do is change that tax law that gives to the rich and takes from the poor and the progress that Obama made will continue.
It's not that hard because trump hasn't been all that smart and it will be pretty easy to wash his stench out of the drapes and upholstery.

So you're of the belief that the government is spending money wisely and they just need to take more even though they are already getting more because of higher employment.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Well honey it's a bit more complicated than that.
Don't trouble yourself.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

It will be Nina Turner. Hide and watch.

Interesting, I know zilch about her but the history and bio check's out. Question is for who Bernie? Biden? Don't know why I'm so interested maybe it's just to quit talking CO VID 19 or whatever.

Nina Hudson Turner is an American politician from Ohio. A member of the Democratic Party, she was a Cleveland City Councillor from 2006 to 2008 and an Ohio State Senator from 2008 until 2014. She was the Democratic candidate for Ohio Secretary of State in 2014 but lost in the general election, garnering 35.5 percent of the vote.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Remember when Obama wasn’t ever gonna tax the middle class and then signed Obamacare into law that was the largest tax ever on the middle class...good times.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Well honey it's a bit more complicated than that.
Don't trouble yourself.

A nice non-answer when you can't justify higher taxes.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Remember when Obama wasn’t ever gonna tax the middle class and then signed Obamacare into law that was the largest tax ever on the middle class...good times.

And it led to higher unemployment, tens of millions without healthcare, and a depressed economy.

These are the "good times" that democrats want us to return to.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Stagnant near zero wage growth where the job growth was all low wage part time jobs.
edit on 1-3-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Bernie.

Biden isn't even a thing outside of the fantasy that he will win so President Trump won't even have to run.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
only un American garbage people do things like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join