It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New YouTube Video On 1976 Canary Islands Mass UFO Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Here's a very interesting UFO case that some of you may have never heard of. This sighting was witnessed by hundreds of residents of the Canary Islands back in 1976 and it was investigated by the Spanish Air Force. There was an ATS thread on this UFO sighting that was posted back in April 2009, which can be read HERE.

This strange UFO was witnessed by thousands of residents on the Canary Islands, including sailers aboard the Spanish Navy vessel, the Atrevida, which was located off the Canary Island coast. The ship's radar apparently didn't detect this strange object. A tourist took a colored photograph of this strange object on June 22, 1976, which was said to be authentic by the lab where this photo was developed.

This reported UFO sighting occurred over the Canary Islands on 22 June 1976. It is notable for its duration (over 40 minutes), multiple locations (it was observed in Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera, Gran Canaria and by a ship at sea) and multiple witnesses (several hundred people, including both civilian and military personnel). It is one of the few accounts to include a report of details of the occupants inside the craft. The official report on the incident, by the Spanish Air Force, was declassified in June 1994, but much of its content had already been released to the public in 1977, after journalist J Benitez obtained a number of military files and used them as the basis of a book on UFO cases

The Atrevida:

Tourist's photograph:

I watched a video on this sighting that was posted on YouTube back in late January. It's only seven minutes long and it does a great job describing this incident. It also mentions the tale of a physician, who claimed to have witnessed this strange UFO and its occupants, while on his way to see a patient. Check it out below.

edit on 2/29/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That youtube channel has been bringing out some very good information.
I’m happy to see other investigators that care about their credibility. ...
Its probably government run. lol jk

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

What do you think that is in the foreground of that picture?

I’m trying to get a point of reference.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Here's another cool picture I found:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: KKLOCO

Here's another cool picture I found:

Could it have been a Poseidon Missile Launch?

Poseidon Missile Launch

Mr. Olmos and Mr. Perez seem to think so, and it does have some features in common with missile launches, except the "occupants inside" of course, but I can't see the "occupants" in the photos of the event.

The wikipedia article doesn't link to any sources, but here's a link to some documentation I found:

www.planetabenitez.com...
edit on 202031 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The doctor's sighting is discussed on
pp 61-72 of the first report:

MISSILE FREAK-OUT IN CALIFORNIA [NOV 7, 2015]
satobs.org...

Nov 07, 2015 Trident SLBM launch off California
satobs.org...

Many features of his own report contain elements now known to be common for missile launch eyewitnesses.

US Navy records show a missile was launched at that date and time and direction.

A dozen other witness reports that night are fully consistent with the typical missile launch apparition.

The doctor did not report seeing the missile although he was looking in the same direction of the sky -- only his aliens in their vehicle.

ADD:

From his report: “… a slightly luminous sphere that was stationary and very close to the ground, …; it was made of a totally transparent and crystalline-like material, since it was possible to see through it the stars in the sky; it had an electric blue color but tenuous, without dazzling…. I observed that some kind of bluish smoke was coming out from a semi-transparent central tube in the sphere, covering the periphery of the sphere's interior without leaking outside at any moment. Then the sphere began to grow and grow until it became huge like a 20-story house… it rose slowly and majestically and it seems I heard a very tenuous whistling.“ "The sphere, now high, was moving slowly toward Tenerife; suddenly it reached enormous speed like none I ever saw in an airplane; the sphere dissolved into a bluish spindle-shape with red underneath; a brilliant white halo was formed close to the object, which bit by bit was forming another very brilliant blue halo.”

Note that a consistent feature reported from military missile tests is the bluish contrail, a feature of solid-fueled [i.e., military] missiles.

edit on 1-3-2020 by JimOberg because: add details

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Drone

Definitely LED drone

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Drone

Definitely LED drone

You’re joking right? This was in 1976.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Drone

Definitely LED drone

You’re joking right? This was in 1976.

Does a bear poop in the woods ?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is a Trident II test launch for reference. Trident is the successor to Poseidon but the launch looks very similar.

Love the bit about the Doctor describing the “occupants” lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

Thanks for the missile video. The BIG difference is that your video was in full darkness, and the really REALLY freak-out sightings and videos are made at twilight when the missile/rocket rises high enough for its plume to become sunlit [against the observer's full-dark sky] -- a fairly rare coincidence. UNLESS as in some test programs they are launched deliberately under those conditions to enable precise optical tracking of warheads and associated decoys. Two multi-flight Russian programs in particular followed that sun illumination preference pattern, and the rest was UFOric history:

1967-8, satobs.org...
recently, satobs.org...

new topics

top topics

join