It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FFP3 /N95 Masks, The New Gold ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis
I posted in early February that you could make lots of $$ on the face masks!
N95 Masks on Lockdown

I just underestimated how much people would mark up the cost!
edit on 1-3-2020 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
They don’t do anything to protect you. Save your money.

And never undervalue mankind’s ability to exploit panic, tragedy and desperation.

here , I live here in the country of masks, your want to know the truth of a masks that are made for pollen, cold and patients in the hospital, well, just drop me a line...

no mention of its use against the corona virus. but please buy a mask if you can, please

this is the most effective against the cold and pollen in Japan that even I use. The corona virus is a totally new beast.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Jeez,

I bought a 10 pack of 3m cool flow 8511 about 3 weeks ago from Lowes. I paid $20 for them.

Amazon has the exact same box for $200.

I'm not selling though. I didnt hoard either, I could have but I didnt want to get stuck with $100 in masks and nothing happens. Man was I wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Jeez,

I bought a 10 pack of 3m cool flow 8511 about 3 weeks ago from Lowes. I paid $20 for them.

I'm not selling though. I didnt hoard either, I could have but I didnt want to get stuck with $100 in masks and nothing happens. Man was I wrong.

In all reality, I'll be #ed if I'm going out into public knowing this virus is in full bloom, the masks are not much more than a placebo if this goes pair shaped, food and water wou ll d reduce the need to go out into the infected areas.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah, that is what I was also kind of thinking at the time. I used to have a bug out plan, but my plans shifted to bug in because of the family and my wife having necksurgeries. I did manage to also buy a few boxes of the 10 pack cheaper earloop masks from the Dollar general when they had them.

I still have a bug out plan but it has shifted to extremely last resort instead of preemptive.

I would rather seal us up, at least to the yard and wait it out as long as possible. I live in the country so people pretty much stay away, which could change in an extreme situation, but like I was saying, there is a reason why people don't really mess with country folk.

We have seeds to plant here in the next few to several weeks along with the other we got.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Jeez,

In all reality, I'll be #ed if I'm going out into public knowing this virus is in full bloom, the masks are not much more than a placebo if this goes pair shaped, food and water wou ll d reduce the need to go out into the infected areas.

Also remember, if the masks did no good, then the medical professionals wouldn't need or use them. They do offer a better chance than nothing at all.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Ya, it's pretty #ed up we even need to have this conversation.

I'm so drunk now I'm sure I killed the virus off for at least today.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
bought ffp3 mask from a Europe website, payed 49.99€ for a box of 20.
Same site is asking 299€ for same box now. Others even doubled that asking price.

new gold indeed!
new identification method for 'stupid' as well for those who still buy them

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Jeez,

Also remember, if the masks did no good, then the medical professionals wouldn't need or use them. They do offer a better chance than nothing at all.

That's true and also , makeshift masks and goggles , as long as you decontaminate after possible infection encounters or apply appropriate engineering controls , like strip shower laundry .

The virus self replicates to infect and spread so reducing that initial number of virus cells you receive helps to contain delay mitigate it's physical entry to the body. . Getting a big wedge of snot off a shedder , in your eye for example , would mean a faster stronger infection likely creating increased symptoms too.

In china face masks are common anyway , but they're using drones and other methods to enforce wearing masks on everyone who comes outside their dwelling place. People use the excuse they can't afford them which is probably legitimate . It's sweet how they call old ladies "aunties" over there . If those aunties did a bit of ,sewing some cotton wool inside a wearable facial feature , they'd have knitted together an acceptable alternative , an least on the face of it

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I heard a few customers talking today about using rags soaked in Lysol as masks.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Don't buy from dodgy companies on Amazon. They're still widely available from my trade stockist for £2 - 3 each or £12-15 for half face re-usable ffp3 masks . The next big shipment to the UK lands on 16th of March so standard shops will have more in then but screwfix still have 1000s for £5-9 each for disposables.

Personally think they wouldn't do anything to protect from a virus and are more likely to raise risk but regularly use them for woodwork.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

They don't work 100% anyways..

They help you to not sneeze on other people but the virus will stay on the surface of your mask for 5 to 7 days and you have to take it off once you are inside.

People have definitely made cash out of this and actually I think it just goes to show how low some people will go in times of crisis! Instead of helping their fellow man, they try and make profits on what could have been 100% protective gear!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7
I posted in early February that you could make lots of $$ on the face masks!
N95 Masks on Lockdown

I just underestimated how much people would mark up the cost!

Remember that, just didn't remember the post mentioning BUY LOTS AND SELL THEM lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join