It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FFP3 /N95 Masks, The New Gold ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is crazy

Firstly.... Hands up if you got yours? and how much did you pay ?

Well done you, you took our advice

Or maybe not

So all ffp3/n95 masks are sold out, here... i think that happened about a week after i bought mine, they all just vanished, i said back then, 6-5 weeks ago it has to have been the government, no way was there that many people back then clued up to what was coming down the track, apart from us so called lunatics

i see reports from a lady who works somewhere that deals in them, say her company had a large new unknown customer who cleaned there warehouse out, i suspected it was likely the government UK, if it wasn't somebody made and absolute MINT selling on to them

But look at this...

This is ridiculous

SIX WEEKS AGO

ME

£8.96

NOW for a pack of 10

Just a flu brigade

£899.00 +£10.90 DELIVERY LMAO

£329.00 + £9.00 DEVLIVERY

£199.99 - FREE DELIVERY YIPPY

I've found others for £50 each or pack of two for £80, or cheaper but they're from China and two weeks delivery away, who wants them from China right now? nobody... BUT the packs of 10 are nowhere to be seen anymore unless small traders

My problem is this ATS, WHY THE HELL DID WE NOT THINK OF THIS????? we knew it was sensible to get them all the way back then.... grrrrr we could be creaming it right now $$$$$$$$ dropped the ball ATS DROPPED THE BALL

Anyway... looking forward to seeing how much you paid and what they're selling for now in your area

edit on 29-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
20$ p100 half mask

I thought of bulk buying n95 masks but I realized quickly bye the time I'd be willing to part with them they would be worth the same as I paied

What I'd like to know is what is up with the tp and water why is everyone buying to and water what are they expecting the 100 year runs

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
20$ p100 half mask

I thought of bulk buying n95 masks but I realized quickly bye the time I'd be willing to part with them they would be worth the same as I paied

What I'd like to know is what is up with the tp and water why is everyone buying to and water what are they expecting the 100 year runs

I've always kept a basic supply of water and food. I'm no prepper by any stretch of the imagination but being a hunter/fisherman with 2 campers here in the south you tend to fill them with necessities. That and I bow hunt yearly in Wisconsin with a friend and turkey hunt in North Carolina. I've had my Berkey filter for a decade so water isn't a big issue. I have a large supply of TP. You'd be shocked how many will fit in a totes when you remove the cardboard roll in the center.

TP might seem like bad thing to stockpile until you come out of a deer stand and have to look for leaves.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

DANG that's $46 a piece! And according to one of the reviews he has run out and doubled his price and is sending out an entirely different item as well...

"I ordered the white protective mask with loop noses to which the rubber bands are attached. I got a gray cheap version, on which the rubber bands are simply glued in front. Misleading the customer. In addition, the price has more than doubled within a few days. Not very serious. Give 2 stars instead of one because of the fast delivery."

www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yea but last minute stock up seems odd I was just out every other cart was water and tp

I agree being out of tp would suck but you wont need much without food

Bow skill is a good one to have I have a old recurve laying around but its splitting at the handle 30 in draw puts alot of stress on a 28 max bow

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

DANG that's $46 a piece! And according to one of the reviews he has run out and doubled his price and is sending out an entirely different item as well...

"I ordered the white protective mask with loop noses to which the rubber bands are attached. I got a gray cheap version, on which the rubber bands are simply glued in front. Misleading the customer. In addition, the price has more than doubled within a few days. Not very serious. Give 2 stars instead of one because of the fast delivery."

www.amazon.co.uk...

I'm just gobsmacked at whats going on

I couldn't image who pays those prices but it appears people are

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

www.amazon.co.uk...

I know atleast 1 who waited way to long to buy one and now had to pay the premium

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

www.amazon.co.uk...

I know atleast 1 who waited way to long to buy one and now had to pay the premium

How much?

Was they pondering on it sooner ?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

www.amazon.co.uk...

How much?

Somewhere around 40 bucks and yea they knew better luckly there also there the type with a couple k in savings so it's not a big deal on the price

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

20$ p100 half mask

Id have probably bought more a week later, as i know they cant be used for long duration's, but as i said they were all sold out the following week, only a handful left but 4x the price by then

Now its silly price, i could never afford to pay that, i just wish i bought more to sell the rich folk

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

www.amazon.co.uk...

How much?

Somewhere around 40 bucks and yea they knew better luckly there also there the type with a couple k in savings so it's not a big deal on the price

That is not bad, id pay that if i had none i guess

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

20$ p100 half mask

Id have probably bought more a week later, as i know they cant be used for long duration's, but as i said they were all sold out the following week, only a handful left but 4x the price by then

Now its silly price, i could never afford to pay that, i just wish i bought more to sell the rich folk

That's why I went with the half mask p100 filters last alot longer as your not breathing directly on them and i got some extra filters

I had to use n95 masks at a food plant milling powder I know how pathetic there protection is I most likely have silicosis from that ordeal if I had known better back then I would of bought my own half mask

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
They don’t do anything to protect you. Save your money.

And never undervalue mankind’s ability to exploit panic, tragedy and desperation.

edit on 2922020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I called it months ago. This happens every time.

I work at Home Depot now, and people come in all the time prowling for masks. As soon as the CDC had their press conference or whatever people came in and bought them by the boxes. We sold out in a day.

They would come in, saying oh I need something for this project or that, but then as I would talk to them they would open up and start talking about the coronavirus. Like they were too embarassed to be frank about it.

But no, it's panicky buyers and people buying them just to sell them high to the panicky buyers.

I heard a story yesterday where this Chinese guy told me he bought a whole box for his family that had come from China here and in California, and had someone tell him that they would't protect against the coronavirus, but that he could use them for work around the house.

The fool sold the darned masks and I guarantee they're on the internet and at least double the price.

But like I said, no one would have had this issue if they hadn't already stocked up like a smart person would.

Wait until the last minute and what do you expect?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Fools gold, maybe.

Did anyone who bought masks also purchase medical eye protection? Did they have them fitted or receive training in their use?

Man, I'm in the wrong business.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

And never undervalue mankind’s ability to exploit panic, tragedy and desperation.

It's human nature people crave security even if it's a false sense of security. If someone infected coughs on you, you are gonna be covered in germs. The likely hood is it will stick and be on you when you get home and infect you there if it's going to. Even if you have a respirator and goggles.

Wash your hands often get hand sanitizer, don't touch your mouth or eyes without scrubbing your hands. Lysol the hell out of everything you will likely be fine

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Fools gold, maybe.

Did anyone who bought masks also purchase medical eye protection? Did they have them fitted or receive training in their use?

Man, I'm in the wrong business.

I fell you there most have no idea how difficult it is to properly where a mask

And yes no one buys eye protection or gloves witch will probably do more to keep you from getting sick than the mask

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Ohanka

It's human nature people crave security even if it's a false sense of security. If someone infected coughs on you, you are gonna be covered in germs. The likely hood is it will stick and be on you when you get home and infect you there if it's going to. Even if you have a respirator and goggles.

Wash your hands often get hand sanitizer, don't touch your mouth or eyes without scrubbing your hands. Lysol the hell out of everything you will likely be fine

Depends where you are

If you’re in a built up area where there is an outbreak you’ll need all of that, if you’re on the front line you’ll need all of that and some luck

At that point the major outbreak areas will no doubt be on quarantine

Probably as much as 99% of all small villages in China haven’t seen a case

The key here is the same as Spanish flu

Isolate that village or town and block every road in

If people can get out of large cities and have friends or family’s that live in remote locations get there before lockdown

Because, as soon as any government sees a large outbreak occurring they’re going to use the Chinese containment methods, the WHO has approved this method and it seems to work if china’s numbers are to be believed, if you are in that quarantine you will need all off the above as the clouds of aerosolised virus builds up turning that city into a cruse ship tin can

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The tough thing for the current situation is there are legitimate people who need those at this point for unrelated work like actual drywall and construction needs per OSHA requirements. These things used to litter constructions sites. I got mine a while back, but wasn't greedy about getting a ton of them due to other people's considerations. Mostly I just got them so if it gets nasty out there people don't gang me for not wearing one.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
As a fireman we have plenty. And I have two of the big Bane looking masks I’ll probably never wear too. Do you know what we do when we have somebody that’s highly contagious?
We put the mask on them, or put them on a non rebreather mask w/O2. Then they cough and snot in their own face and not on you, your clothes, and everything else around. I would suggest saving your money or make a quick buck if you have them.

This reminds me of when Obama was going to take everyone’s guns and ammo. Every time a shipment came in at the store you could see some moron with 4000 rounds of .22 bullets in a cart.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join