It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Transmitter Hijacked in 1977??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
hi guys

came across this bit of info on my travels happened in 1977 supposidly a bbc transmitter was hijacked for 5 and a half minutes with a message from the Ashtar Command 77 is a little before my time JUST lol anyone remember this at all

Source

groups.msn.com...

The most famous of television broadcasts occurred in England on 26th November, 1977, on Southern ITV (which covered London, the South, and South East). The time was 5.12pm and the message (audio only) interrupted the evening news. Lasting 51⁄2 minutes, it was superimposed over the voice of the newsreader, Ivor Mills. No less than five transmitters were hijacked simultaneously, spread over great distances, and the Independent Broadcasting Authority were not even aware that the message was overriding their signal; as the transmitters would have been switched off immediately. Possibly, this was because the source of the overriding signal was not terrestrial in nature.

The newsreader appeared completely oblivious to the situation and continued as usual, while the voice spoke slowly and calmly, as if echoing through water. The transcript is below.

"This is the voice of Gramaha , a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you. For many years you have seen us as lights in the skies. We speak to you now in peace and wisdom as we have done to your brothers and sisters all over this, your planet Earth.

"We come to warn you of the destiny of your race and your world so that you may communicate to your fellow beings the course you must take to avoid the disasters which threaten your world, and the beings on our worlds around you. This is in order that you may share in the great awakening, as the planet passes into the New Age of Aquarius. The New Age can be a time of great peace and evolution for your race, but only if your rulers are made aware of the evil forces that can overshadow their judgments.

"Be still now and listen, for your chance may not come again. For many years your scientists, government and generals have not heeded our warnings; they have continued to experiment with the evil forces of what you call nuclear energy. Atomic bombs can destroy the Earth, and the beings of your sister worlds, in a moment. The wastes from atomic power systems will poison your planet for many thousands of your years to come.

"We, who have followed the path of evolution for far longer than you, have long since realized this - that atomic energy is always directed against life. It has no peaceful application. Its use, and research into its use, must be ceased at once, or you all risk destruction. All weapons of evil must be removed.

"The time of conflict is now past. The race of which you are a part may proceed to the highest planes of evolution if you show yourselves worthy to do this. You have but a short time to learn to live together in peace and goodwill.

"Small groups all over the planet are learning this, and exist to pass on the light of the dawning New Age to you all. You are free to accept or reject their teachings, but only those who learn to live in peace will pass to the higher realms of spiritual evolution.

"Hear now the voice of Gramaha, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you. Be aware also that there are many false prophets and guides operating in your world. They will suck your energy from you - the energy you call money and will put it to evil ends giving you worthless dross in return.

"Your inner divine self will protect you from this. You must learn to be sensitive to the voice within that can tell you what is truth, and what is confusion, chaos and untruth. Learn to listen to the voice of truth which is within you and you will lead yourselves on to the path of evolution.

"This is our message to our dear friends. We have watched you growing for many years as you too have watched our lights in your skies. You know now that we are here, and that there are more beings on and around your Earth than your scientists admit.

"We are deeply concerned about you and your path towards the light and will do all we can to help you. Have no fear, seek only to know yourselves, and live in harmony with the ways of your planet Earth. We of the Ashtar Galactic Command thank you for your attention. We are now leaving the plane of your existence. May you be blessed by the supreme love and truth of the cosmos."

The message received a mixed reaction: some listeners were terrified, some intrigued, while others remained skeptical. Of course, the media denounced the broadcast as a hoax, even though the Independent Broadcasting Authority failed to explain how its stringent security system was bypassed; and the supposed terrestrial perpetrators have never been found.

According to other stories, it would seem that broadcasts of a similar nature occurred worldwide, even in different areas of the UK. "We speak to you now in peace and wisdom as we have done to your brothers and sisters all over this, your planet Earth."

The Ashtar Galactic Command, as mentioned in the broadcast, features quite prominently in 'channeled' and contactee material going back to the early 1940s. In channelings subsequent to the broadcast, the entities have claimed responsibility. In 1994 at least three independent channelers' published information that the Ashtar Command were planning another similar series of broadcasts. However, it appears that proposed dates have so far not been met.
Jon Hurst ; CASEBOOK HOME PAGE

Graham

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Is this true? I'm very skeptical of the Ashtar command channelings. I have read some of thei massages before and they sound strange to me.

Is there an independant link that can verify if this really happened?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm also sceptical mate there is TONS of ashtar channeling sites in google seems everybody and thier dog has a site up lol will dig about though and see what i can find

Graham

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I know I've looked into this before on an older thread. I'm pretty sure that the interruption was genuine, but discovered to be of local origin. I'd have to look into it again to be sure, but leaving work now... Try a google on "ashtar broadcast BBC hoax" and see what comes up....

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Put it this way, it was either a hoax so no one cares to remember anymore or this story is BS because believe me, people would remember this...I would definately have heard about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I could swear I've seen this before, somewhere... whether it was on Discovery or Unsolved Mysteries, or whatever, I don't know, but the whole schpiel was coming back to me as I read it.

Honestly, stuff in the 1970's was a cinche to hack. So few people had the knowledge that was needed to use computers and electronics, that security was a joke. You could hack long distance by simply recording the right star-tones. You could hack almost any computer, and television would have been a snap, since nothing was computerized.

It was also less than a decade from a whole generation of anti-nuke, spiritualist hippies who wanted to find new ways to get their message across. I'm not insulting the hippies, but rather, stating that most likely, if you got some hippies who had heard about this "Ashtar Command" stuff, and they made friends with an engineer, it would have been a pretty simple job to hack broadcast towers and override audio with some anti-nuke speech.

Still, I'd pay good money to see that video.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
yeah i have heard the transmission - the alien
has an southern english accent and the voice has been put thru some kind of pitch modulation and thats all - similar to a darlek voice but the modulation isnt as fast

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
How is there a transcript of the broadcast? surely someone would need the audio to make such a transcript? Or was it chanelled after? umm... doesnt he sound a little bit human, as well? we've explored atomic power and no good can come from it? listen to your inner voice and the path of evolution will what? highest planes of evolution? the new age of aquarius? isnt that astrology? I am almost tempted to use that obnoxious laughing smiley face... almost.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here's a link to where to find the audio...

www.crowdedskies.com...

I found this...I know there's more though, including some names and more details on the transmission hijacking stunt....as I've delved into this one before...

Southern and the Alien

Although TV piracy involving a home-made transmitter does occur, these only reach a very small section of the population, running into the hundreds, possibly thousands. The most famous and best-documented TV piracy incidents involve the hijacking of existing broadcasters’ transmitters, so that many more people can be reached.

An early example occurred in the UK, at 5:12 pm on November 26, 1977, at a time when public interest in UFOs and aliens was running high. During the news, being read by Ivor Mills, a voice, accompanied by what one witness termed a 'bopping sound', interrupted the broadcast (the picture remained of the newsreader) and introduced itself as "Vrillon, representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command." The broadcast lasted five-and-a-half minutes, during which time the voice announced that "for many years you have seen us as lights in your skies… we speak to you now in peace", warned against the use of nuclear weapons and stated that humanity had "but a short time to learn to live together in peace and goodwill," before it destroyed itself.

It was apparently transmitted over the entire Southern Television ITV region using the VHF transmitters (the UK used both UHF and VHF transmitters at the time, radiating the same programmes). It is thought that the pirate transmitter was aimed at a receiver high up the VHF distribution chain, and a signal sent that overpowered the 'official' signal from the television station.

The transmission also apparently occurred at a time when the IBA's monitoring facility was being moved from one location to another, which may have resulted in the broadcast going initially unnoticed, the fact that it was in sound only, leaving the vision untouched, making it even more difficult to spot.

UFO pundits on talk-shows during the following week assured listeners that the broadcast was "almost certainly genuine", as it contained names, concepts and phrases that occurred frequently in alleged 'contactee' experiences.

There are various pages on the Internet relating to this incident – should you do more research remember to take them with a pinch of salt!

From www.transdiffusion.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I know I've looked into this before on an older thread. I'm pretty sure that the interruption was genuine, but discovered to be of local origin. I'd have to look into it again to be sure, but leaving work now... Try a google on "ashtar broadcast BBC hoax" and see what comes up....

heh local heh what im thinking is that in this time hippies were still around maybe it was just somefanatics trying to bring about world love while getting high

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Its true as its my local TV station. The event happened and some thought it was a student prank but all the transmitters were taken over so if it was a prank, it would have had to be done at the TV station rather than intercepting at the transmitter.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It cracks me up that humanity has devolved so tremendously, to the point that we can literally have a live broadcast hi-jack from other-world citizens warning us that we're going to destroy ourselves, and we:

a) Cant decide whether it's real or not, mainly because we've devolved to the point where trust between us is an issue. We cannot simply believe things for what they are because certain individuals make a living on deception and guile. - Great! - 10 points to humanity....

b)Ignore the message because we cant decide whether it's real or not, and continue to poison ourselves and blow things up for fun.

We should step back and decide.... Isn't being gullilbe and united better than being skeptic and segregated ?

People miss the point in life so much, its irrelevant if you protect your ego by being a skeptic only to isolate yourself from everyone else.

Lets say for instance that all the skeptics in the world are right, that theres no mystery to be found, everything is just a hoax. What then happens to our hopes and dreams ? - what you're looking at there is a stagnant life not worth living.

But if we're all gullible and we believe in fairy tales, hell at least we're living in a dream world together - we might even eventually MAKE it real.
If we turn out to be wrong, at least we can all have a laugh together about being wrong. Life is about us united, not everyone trying to do their own thing.

Jesus put it best, and it's an eternal and universal truth, "a house divided wont stand" - how much more so for a planet.

People we need to get a grip on ourselves as a species, and fast.

Join me!

J

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Typical! Bloody southerners get all the good programming!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

Does a message's meaning change because of who it's from? Isn't a good idea from some freaked-out hippie just as good as the same idea from an alien?

We don't have to deny our skeptical side or our analytic brain to take the message on. We can still be rational people AND take the message on board. That, to me at least, is far better than just believing everything anyone claims is from aliens. That kind of thinking is dangerous.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graham
The transcript is below.

"This is the voice of Gramaha , a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you .......

Graham

Is there anything at all suspicious to anyone but me that Gramaha is an anagram of Graham (with an extra 'A') and Ashtar is Trash (also with an extra 'A').

No, of course not, don't be silly ......

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"Be still now and listen, for your chance may not come again. For many years your scientists, government and generals have not heeded our warnings; they have continued to experiment with the evil forces of what you call nuclear energy. Atomic bombs can destroy the Earth, and the beings of your sister worlds, in a moment. The wastes from atomic power systems will poison your planet for many thousands of your years to come.

--

Whether fake or real, the message is a pure one and surely that cannot be argued against?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Don't listen to the disinformation campaign by our evil leaders.

These aliens are trustworthy. Anyone who teaches about spreading love and harmony speaks the truth.

Stop all war. Help our brothers and sisters. Imprison our evil leaders! No more war, no more nukes.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Why is it that we will spend so much energy on denouncing, denying and specially ridiculing anything that tells us that we need to look at our lives,at the world we are creating and to become aware of who actually runs the show?? How can we be so blinded by political spin and over-identification with our bodies and possessions through the media and adverts, that we cannot hear the truth anymore?
The message speaks clearly a truth we need to hear and listen too. We are not alone (.. of course not!!) and we are supported and loved and may need their help pretty soon I think.
How can a thinking person deny that "aliens' exist?? .. because our very reliable and honest and trustworthy government/s thinks that denial and ridicule is the best approach to the topic?? Why???? What are they hiding from us? Maybe they know very well that they exist?!?!!
Thousands upon thousands of people have seen alien spacecraft ( of which a number are of course secret government planes whose technology got a helping hand from somewhere...Area 52...) all over the world. Other countries treat the whole thing at least as worthy of study and exploration...
The political world is full of lies, deceit, spin and secrecy and we average humans don't have an idea of what the truth is anymore... surly not what the government says .. .. and is that possibly their intent?? Why??? There is enough stuff out there now to verify the evilness of this government and many others and if we don't wake up soon we will have no personal rights left at all and it will be too late and we will have sleepwalked into their trap which has been set many many years ago... and done it without a fight sometimes even asking to take our freedom for the illusion of safety. .. They are pushing and pushing to have more and more control and we ... are the slave working force.. and the law does usually not apply to them!
Try to be yourself and step out of line..their line and see what happens!
Maybe we should listen to the Alien message and ask our selves/our hearts if it sounds right, true and loving.... I think it does and ... they are not asking for money or selling anything or asking us to have a microchip put under the skin...!! They seem to wish us well and are leaving a message of hope and personal empowerment for this time as then, only now we are in dire straights... .. we need to listen inside, the only place of truth in a world of chaos and lies perpetuated on a sleeping population, trapped in wanting more and more and more, even if it kills us........
Who hasn't noticed that the times we live in are strange and dangerous times with so much suffering at the hands of powerhungry leaders.
We should listen! we might wake up in time.... wouldn't that be great?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I seem to remember this as a possible hoax and there was a thread on it called - Vrillon of the Ashtar Galactic Command illegal radio broadcast November 26, 1977 *audio*

And now a word from our supreme commander oinka of worldshadow in the vegan system.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Read this as well. Followed a link supplied in someone's sig.

www.universe-people.com...

Voice of the Cosmic messenger – Ashtar on TV London. Sunday 26th.11.1977.

17:05-17:10.

Worked out by: Pedro Romaniuk (Argentina). TV: Southern Television

www.universe-people.com...

The mp3 audio clip (i supplied up in the EX source) is there as well as another clips, vids etc. I downloaded the mp3 and tbh it is quite clear. These "good guys" are the ones we have heard on ATS quite often where ATS believers say they have 100,000 crafts with 250 million (could be wrong with amount) ready to help us out. I think John Lear have something to do with this but I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG, so i apologize if so.

The site/beings claim we should stop fighting each other and get ready for a war with those who are against our race. We should treat earth and each other with love, this all you can read at given link.

I have noticed it seems to be of the Pleiadans theory which some are totally against, even hate it, Very interesting read and a long one if all links are followed.

I got to admit that the "message" is a good one be it man made or not. This is a theory site and we are here to try and satisfy our minds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join