It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTW: US Just Signed Afghan Peace Deal With Taliban

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: toolgal462

My sources are saying that the Taliban is still racking in the dough from narcotics.

So, maybe they learned something from the deep state policies that out us there.

Thankfully Trump is (finally) getting us out.

All I have to ask is, what took so long?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
LMAO

It is not a peace deal. It is a surrender.

Exactly. Sanity prevails.

The reality is, short of nuking them from orbit, it is an unwinnable war, as Russia and others have found out the hard way.

Long past time to leave. F 'em.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

a reply to: IAMTAT

Does this mean that they can grow poppies without molestation from now on?

Quite the opposite. The Taliban were actually stopping the Opium production, the US helped that business thrive and built on it.

Yup. The war in Afghanistan was every bit as phony as the war in Iraq.

Remember how they found Osama bin Laden hiding out in an cave in Tora Bora? No you don't, because OBL never spent so much as a single minute in any Afghani cave. He was living in Abbottabad, Pakistan the whole time, under the protection of the Pakistani government.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

What happened to "we dont negotiate with terrorists"?

What is a terrorist these days?

Hasn't the Taliban already been declared a terrorist group?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

White House: Yes, The Taliban Is a Terrorist Organization

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

All I have to ask is, what took so long?

Too many big-wigs in the mix profiting from the heroin.
edit on 3/2/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You mean like when crybaby donnie called Obama out for the exact same thing? Like that? Yeah?

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: IAMTAT

First thought : Just wait for the stupid democrats saying this is wrong.

Second thought : Easier to make peace with the Taliban people than the crazy democrats.

Fluffy got it right (about Middle East) !

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
peace is the answer. there is zero need for warz.

for sure there is ZERO need in making 500k rockets.

but those pesky inter-nationalists, they thrive on war, profit, taxes, for us cattle.

I am reading a book right now about first contact and disclosure. The gist is they can't figure out if a message they found is a hostile warning or the aliens warning us of an impending asteroid impact. So as per usual all the powers of the world are getting together to build a space platform with nuclear warheads. Now the conversation is how to handle an approaching alien ship.

Shoot first is the prevailing opinion among world leaders with people like you and me begging them to talk first. IOW.pesky inter-nationalists, they thrive on war, profit, taxes, for us cattle.. LOL

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

White House: Yes, The Taliban Is a Terrorist Organization

SOURCE

So actually reading the article...

“We don’t get to choose our enemies when we go to war,” Carney told reporters. “We regard the Taliban as an enemy combatant in a conflict that has been going on, in which the United States has been involved for more than a decade."

Then they say

" it is not listed as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) by the State Department.

As I said "what is a terrorist" as in we use that term too much as it seems we call everyone a terrorist. I guess the big question is what is your point? What are you really trying to say, or want to see happen...

edit on 2-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

Speaking from anecdotal experience, I've spoken to a lot of Vietnam vets who said the war was more about marijuana and drugs, like heroin, than about liberating the people from Communism. Likewise, I lot of Afghani vets have told me it was all about protecting the poppy farms.

So you support Trumps efforts to get us out of there.

Thank you for your support.

Did you support Obama's efforts to get us out of Iraq?
Brown man bad?
Orange man good?

Bush stopped the Taliban from stopping the Poppy fields being harvested. The Taliban were against Opium and destroyed them like the Sheriffs boys who have the choppers in the air.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
convenient that, banning opium a year before 9/11 after they were fine with it since they gained control in 94, wonder how much money they raised after that ban and i wonder what it funded and who it went to?

we should have crushed them when we had the chance, using all force necessary without concern for looking like the good guys and all that nonsense about winning hearts and minds.
edit on 2-3-2020 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So who is going to look after the poppies now ? the taliban were acitve in stopping the growth of opium in afghanistan

who will flood Russia with cheap opium now ?

how will the CIA pay for their black book projects without their Mrs Brown footing the bill ?

edit on 3-3-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The Taliban are being fairly open about their hostilities towards the Afghani government. You might not hear about it on FOX or CNN but there's no legitimate cease fire between the Taliban and the government. The Afghan government IS a US ally. I believe the US has duties to safe guard the government though I'm not 100% certain.

Seems the Taliban ranched up attacks over the last few days, US airstrikes had to be used defensively.

I don't see a viable peace deal, seems the animosity towards the government will not end. The US has to support them and that alone scuppers any deal. Oh yeah the Taliban want 5000 prisoners released before they even sit down with the government.

There's no art of the deal in play here, Afghanistan can't be ended so easily.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

they were only active with stopping opium production for a year before 9/11, more recently they are supporting it to fund their fighting so when we do leave i don't see anything changing in that regard.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Did I hear the Taliban or who ever already broke the agreement by attacking certain locations.

Before you meet with the Taliban, drop a moab...

These people should have been wiped out the way of the nazis

But since war today is faught not to eliminate your enemy, but rather cripple them for a few years , until they regain power and attack again.

Sounds like the Taliban are in the latter stage

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: sapien82

they were only active with stopping opium production for a year before 9/11, more recently they are supporting it to fund their fighting so when we do leave i don't see anything changing in that regard.

Maybe the US have made a deal , you can have afghanistan back if you continue our operation of Narco terrorism into Siberia

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There is/was a good documentary on Netflix or Amazon about the poppy business in Afghanistan. It was produced by a Russian investigation team, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. Had some interesting viewpoints from the drug addiction side and how it is damaging Afghanistan but also from the framers who grow the poppies and how essentially they stuck growing poppies to make a living but feel they have no way out of it if they want to feed their families.
The country has many many problems and by us pulling out it may help them get their own house back in order. I don't think the US is doing any good by continuing to be there and they should be getting out as fast as possible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join