It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTW: US Just Signed Afghan Peace Deal With Taliban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
... is it not? Pretty sure we all have a race. Speaking of, why did you ignore the other race you mentioned? Is there something special about one race over another race here? Because It’s odd you would treat them differently.

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

It's good to know that so many of you are sensitive to the "Orange man bad" meme as racist. I"ll keep that in mind next time "Orange man bad" get's thrown in my face in lieu of a conversation.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Peace with these kind of people means they will play along until they are strong enough again.

Very untrustworthy

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Rob808

It's good to know that so many of you are sensitive to the "Orange man bad" meme as racist. I"ll keep that in mind next time "Orange man bad" get's thrown in my face in lieu of a conversation.

:

Forever, coming from the politically correct liberal left is that you never make fun of or speak about someone's skin color.

If you make any comparison to Obama you would get banned right away.

But it's examples like this and the actions of the left that most see they are nothing but hypocrites and do as we say not as we do types.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Actions like this?

The "Orange man bad" trope didn't originate from the left. Also, "Orange man bad" doesn't infer that all orange men, of women, are bad. It's just a descriptor or this orange man, as "bad".

If Obama had pulled out of Afghanistan in this cut your losses and run political decision, he'd have been deep fried by the right. As it is, the right won't stop blaming Obama for bringing Iraqi troops home, and blaming that move for destabilizing the area and making room for the rise of ISIS.

edit on 1-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This OEF vet will be eternally grateful to the Trump administration if this is actually the end of it.

Within 14 months we should be gone.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This OEF vet will be eternally grateful to the Trump administration if this is actually the end of it.

Within 14 months we should be gone.

You will miss the dirt, cold/hot, tents, open toilets/piss tubes, communal showers where hot water can come and go at will. Repeating menu of food that after 1 week you are like OK I had enough, Being stuck prison like for months on end...Crappy internet at best, never ending Ground Hog's Day, rockets/mortars... Man! there is so much to miss over there.

edit on 1-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I've been out long enough not to miss it anymore. I have since placed this in it's proper context.

Some do miss it and will. But it isn't the situation people miss. It's the people and "embracing the suck" with others who are just as #ed as you are.

It is a special kind of hell. One only a soldier could look back on fondly.

I'm ok with leaving that hell in the shadiest place of my memory. I have other things to do.

So does the rest of the country. We have kids to raise, a nation to fix, and lives to lead without an ever present and looming shadow of constant war. I firmly believe that this war has changed the psyche of the American people. It has made us internally adversarial, angry, and deeply apathetic toward the suffering of others. The constant lying by government has made people determine that the whole world is one big lie and that truth is the only real illusion. I don't say this out of a sense of poetry but because I have heard many people say these things.

2 decades of war. I can't say I'm surprised by the effects 2 decades of war has had on us. But it is my hope that this nightmare will be over soon and we can get back to healing ourselves.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

2 decades of war. I can't say I'm surprised by the effects 2 decades of war has had on us. But it is my hope that this nightmare will be over soon and we can get back to healing ourselves.

It was truly a never ending war with no exit strategy. Think of how many males over there were under the age of 15 or not even born yet when it started that are fighters today for some warlord. It is a never ending production line of cannon fodder unless we would be willing to totally change their whole way of life, culture, religion etc.

We are unwilling, so we need to say good riddance and let the chips fall where they may over there.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What's involved in this peace deal? I would like to know the actual wording of the peace deal agreement. I can swear some kind of payment system to certain individuals is part of the structure, but that is atypical of US agreed upon "peace deals" in the Middle East.

At face value however and so far, good. A good job by Team Trump. At this rate, they actually did more positives for America than Obama in some places.

Still absolutely raping the environment but what the hell, gotta keep that market up!

Or else...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I won't miss any more damaged brothers and sisters coming home.

I won't miss holding onto a vet who just wants to cry and couldn't.

I won't miss any new patients with TIA's.

I won't miss seeing on private messages and emails that someone else from our unit has died.

That entire region of the world can go to bloody f#cking hell and never return as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What happened to "we dont negotiate with terrorists"?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Would you rather continue to stay in a endless war that has no winners? Sometimes cutting your loses and moving on is the best thing to do. I'm done seeing our American soldiers come back from the ME in bodybags, aren't you?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Yeah, I agree.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
For reall??... Man I'm hoping this is not another false start , let's hope the hawks are kept at bay ...Kudos to Trump for at least trying..

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Translated from Arabic by
The Taliban announces the end of the partial truce in Afghanistan and the resumption of military operations #العربية_عاجل

twitter.com...

in trouble already?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Translated from Arabic by
The Taliban announces the end of the partial truce in Afghanistan and the resumption of military operations #العربية_عاجل

twitter.com...

in trouble already?

Wow! so the hawks really wanna keep us there..we should bounce anyways, this thing is like a generation and a half deep, we are being bled economically and causing many others to bleed..it's time to tell the Afghan government to hold their own nuts.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I would pose the last 20 years over there in general was to fight Islamic extremism and Al Qaeda. And they seem to have been somewhat successful at that.

Simply put the US has been keeping the terrorists in the Middle East and Africa since 2001 and knocking them down when they get too visible. In 2001 they went to war with Islam and they have been keeping the war over there.

Don't forget that Iraq got conquered. Libya revolted and Gaddafi was overthrown. Arab Spring happened and Egypt changed governments twice and Syria got involved in a civil war that kept the Islamic extremists busy for years. The Islamic caliphate was crushed.

And currently the US has been in a cold war with Iran for years with sanctions and whatnot. And currently oil prices are in the toilet comparatively speaking. And with Corona virus getting a foothold over there I'm thinking the Iranian government is really having a hard time of it. I'm expecting to see news on a Iranian civil war or some kind of event that leads to an Iranian government overthrow in the near future. And if that happens then the whole Hezbollah network goes down. No money and it just evaporates in place.

So just saying you need to look at the larger picture. Afghanistan is just a tree in the larger forest.

edit on 2-3-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Why is this starting to look like Baghdad Bob?

Iran's deputy health minister and head of the country's counter-coronavirus task force Iraj Harirchi appeared to be ill at a news conference about COVID-19 cases in Tehran on Monday, a day before he was reported to have been tested positive for the virus.

edit on 2-3-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

What is a terrorist these days?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join