It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona virus and financial collapse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I have a theory why panic around the corona virus is necessary for certain people. The fundamental problems of the financial system weren't fixed after the last crisis, but were even increased. The problem with the current financial system hasn't been debt between nations, but debt created by pumping money into the system by making unrealistic economic predictions and pumping money to the present from the future like that. The last financial crisis was caused by making too optimistic predictions on the housing market, but no rules were set to keep it from happening again. So they "fixed" it by throwing more money at the problem that was created by new unrealistic expectations. Going down this road the financial system has been in a desperate state for years, for instance I think that the crypto market was solely created to build illusion of value, so that this illusionary value would help keep the system afloat.
But to pee in your pants to keep warm will only work for a little while and this method was set to fail eventually. Now they need a reason to blame the coming of the biggest financial crisis in history on. Corona virus is perfect and now they can say that no one is to blame for the coming crisis, but it just happened because of that damn disease. As a bonus they can lock up and isolate everyone whose banks accounts got frozen and try to revolt by coming to the streets. It's not because of keeping their power, but because of the general good of the majority and they had to lock up these darn spreaders of this dangerous disease!
I don't think that it's a coincidence that this started from China also, because several Chinese national banks are the biggest in the world and the party leaders will be directly held responsible for their shortcomings.

Thank you for hearing out my theory and hope to get some constructive responses.
edit on 29-2-2020 by eitea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eitea

I read this here on ATS before and I think there is something to it.

The media is going crazy on it here, too in my country. The lockup thing is a bit of a stretch though.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The financial markets want any excuse for money making and speculation.

Coronavirus has merely highlighted the dependecy on China for all the bits and pieces, even in domestic manufacturing. Perhaps business will start to repatriate some manufacturing to reduce this unhealthy dependency. There is a general economic slow-down because of coronovirus and because of this dependence. Hence the jittery financial markets.

The Chinese dictatorship keeps control through the promise of domestic growth. As that growth is being compromised we will doubtless see an increase in Chinese domestic repression, which will be a convenient time for the corrupt Chinese state to find a few skapegoates and perhaps further entrench power to prtect the dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

I based the lockup vision mostly on the barred windows that the new corona hospitals have in China and this video:
www.youtube.com...

But yeah, just a theory, but a theory that makes most sense for me on the current situation.
edit on 29-2-2020 by eitea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Thank you for your reply.
What are your thoughts on the reasons of the last financial crisis and it happening again with a lot more strength? Do you think that the collapse can be avoided and the rise of the markets during last years has been organic?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The most ever US CEOs stepped down from their positions in January..a record number. Why are they resigning?

edit on 29-2-2020 by Diamondgeezur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Diamondgeezur

my guess would be to shake off the responsibility on what will come next

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Almost like we never really recovered from the last depression in 07/08. Like the fed regulators simply suspended mark to market and decided to let the banks and other asset holders mark to fantasy. They no longer had to book their assets at what the market was willing to buy them for, but what their books demanded and their bonuses depended on. We never cleared the bad debt out of the system, the fed simply stepped up to the window and gave them an easy out, rewarding them for their reckless behavior. I don't think this virus was planned to cover the rot. If the feds had a big enough fire hose, they would use it even if it only bought another 6 months and crashed the system thereafter. This may simply be big enough that they can't paper over it anymore.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eitea

my guess would be to shake off the responsibility on what will come next

That, and perhaps heading to their mountain retreats or bunkers until things blow over.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This virus is real. It has already played havoc in 2 parts of the Japanese economy, but you all don't know that since it is not in your back yard. Do you know what it means when the govt. says "everyone stays home"?
Don't know , then look what has happened to Hokkaido , Japan. Just google a hokkaido newspaper people and get the facts

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well, i just got into Cocoa Beach for my annual visit from the UK. I went straight to Waffle House to get a sense of the real world.

Other than a lot of obese peeps...I can report all was normal.

Keep Calm and Carry On .😁🏌️⛳

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

My theory mostly revolved around the question on why does the government tell people to stay at home and create panic, if the disease itself is only marginally worse then the flu.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I would say they retired as just about the entire list were past retirement age.
Good show to them as now the only job they have is to enjoy life

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Well, i just got into Cocoa Beach for my annual visit from the UK. I went straight to Waffle House to get a sense of the real world.

Other than a lot of obese peeps...I can report all was normal.

Keep Calm and Carry On .😁🏌️⛳

Yeah... if this virus shuts down the local Waffle House we will then have full on confirmation we are screwed.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
This virus is real. It has already played havoc in 2 parts of the Japanese economy, but you all don't know that since it is not in your back yard. Do you know what it means when the govt. says "everyone stays home"?
Don't know , then look what has happened to Hokkaido , Japan. Just google a hokkaido newspaper people and get the facts

According to the NYT, Japan’s PM Abe has asked that ALL Japanese schools be closed for the next month!.

I can’t imagine what that will mean to families with two working parents, assuming that such families are as common in Japan as they are in the US.

If someone must stay home to care for the kids, what does that do to the workforce?

China, South Korea, and Japan are the Asian engines driving the world’s economy. Is it just “coincidence” that first China, then South Korea, have been hardest hit by this epidemic?

Can anything keep Japan from being next?

I keep hearing that the “panic” is all just “hype”, but increasingly, the panic is coming from sources who should know better: When you’re on a plane flying over the ocean and you se both the pilot and the co-pilot walk to the back of the plane wearing parachutes, maybe it’s time to be concerned?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hmmm, I sense you are dubious of my claim.
Well, may i present to you the Waffle House Index.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

This is well known to Floridians....i cannot speak to the lesser '49 states, but never diss the House.

a reply to: Edumakated

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I see this as a market correction more than a market collapse.

I'm with you on the general premise.

Coronavirus may be a catalyst, or symptom... But the real reason is it was inflated and due for something like this.

If investors are claiming the Coronavirus is the cause of their bleak outlook, and reason for pulling their money, it's likely due to supply chain issues.

Truth be told people were spekulative with investing. Many of the top stocks don't necessarily have good revenue streams, or cash reserves..

On top of that the feds have been pumping it ever since 08' with a variety of methods... It's just unsustainable.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
2 TV

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Hmmm, I sense you are dubious of my claim.
Well, may i present to you the Waffle House Index.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

This is well known to Floridians....i cannot speak to the lesser '49 states, but never diss the House.

a reply to: Edumakated

Nah. I was serious. I'm from Ga. Waffle House never closes and I know govt uses them as a barometer to gauge how serious an event or natural disaster may be. If the waffle house is closed, SHTF....

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My question is...if every one is selling...who is buying?a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My question is...if every one is selling...who is buying?a reply to: CriticalStinker

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join