It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State officials announce Oregon’s first presumptive case of novel coronavirus, COVID-19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
State officials will discuss the state’s first, presumed case of novel coronavirus, COVID-19, in an individual living in the state.
www.oregon.gov...

The West coast of the USA is now covered.

Nothing to see here, move along.
edit on V482020Fridaypm29America/ChicagoFri, 28 Feb 2020 20:48:03 -06001 by Violater1 because: iovfshi

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

State officials will discuss the state’s first, presumed case of novel coronavirus, COVID-19, in an individual living in the state.

Presumed case or presumed first?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Who knows what they mean.
At this point, hearing that California and New York are covering up CoVID19 infections, I have difficulty believing what "they" are saying.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

By Jordyn Brown
Posted at 1:13 PM Updated at 7:18 PM

Health officials urge good hand hygiene, covering coughs and staying home if sick.

State health officials identified the first person who has tested positive for the coronavirus in Oregon during a Friday evening announcement.

The person is a resident of Washington County and was not involved in any travel that would have led them to contract the virus, mirroring the case identified earlier this week in Northern California.

The person is being cared for at Kaiser Permanent Westside Medical Center in Hillsboro and is isolated, Oregon Health Authority Director Patrick Allen said during a Friday evening press conference.

State officials would not reveal the name, gender or condition of the individual in order to protect their identity. They did confirm the patient is an adult.
www.registerguard.com...

OHA also stated in a press release that the individual is an employee at a school in Clackamas County and may have exposed students and staff there.

“The school district is planning to close the school to allow public health officials to complete their investigation, including contacting employees there and family of children to inform them of their exposure and let them know next steps,” said OHA spokesperson Jonathan Modie in a news release.

The person experienced symptoms of COVID-19 beginning Feb. 19 and a sample was collected from the individual Friday, officials said in the news conference. The sample was sent to the Oregon State Public Health Laboratory in Hillsboro, which used a new COVID-19 test kit it received Wednesday from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The lab began tested the sample Friday — only hours after it verified the new CDC test kit.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wasn't the guy that left the cruise ship docked in Cambodia from Oregon? I think it was a comedian that broke quarantine by leaving the 5 star hotel and flying back to the States because he had more important things to do.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Wasn't the guy that left the cruise ship docked in Cambodia from Oregon? I think it was a comedian that broke quarantine by leaving the 5 star hotel and flying back to the States because he had more important things to do.

I believe you are correct. Seems at least likely that they came into contact with each other. albeit not intentionally. The CDC needs to do a full 360 of movement for this patient for the past 3 weeks. Then do the same for that idiot comedian ever since he returned to the states.

Seems I remember he had to get back for a speaking engagement in the states?

Was this person in the audience or something?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

At this point, hearing that California and New York are covering up CoVID19 infections, I have difficulty believing what "they" are saying.

Yeah I agree. I believe it is spreading quickly right now in the U.S. but no one is testing for it.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

And, the fact that these are areas that openly welcome illegal aliens as well as allow unfettered homeless to live and deposit their infected feces in the street/sidewalk couldn't have anything to do with that spread. right? :/

Welcome to the benefits of Sanctuary Cities. A place where you can more easily contract every new bug on the planet, for FREE.

new topics

top topics

join