It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I have the coronavirus. So far, it isn't that bad'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

"I have the coronavirus. And it hasn't been that bad.

I am in my late 60s, and the sickest I've ever been was when I had bronchitis several years ago. That laid me out on my back for a few days. This has been much easier: no chills, no body aches. I breathe easily, and I don't have a stuffy nose. My chest feels tight, and I have coughing spells. If I were at home with similar symptoms, I probably would have gone to work as usual."

It's surreal to see everyone panic - news conferences, the stock market falling, school closures - about a disease I have. It does seem likely that coronavirus will spread in the U.S., but it won't help anybody if we all panic. Based on my experience, I'd recommend that everyone get a good digital thermometer, just as a comfort tool, so they can reassure themselves if their noses start running.

Whew, so glad there's nothing to worry about. We can all rest easy now! Nothing to see here, move along.
edit on 28-2-2020 by snakeyes37 because: .

edit on 28-2-2020 by snakeyes37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2020 by snakeyes37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: snakeyes37

"I have the coronavirus. And it hasn't been that bad.

I am in my late 60s, and the sickest I've ever been was when I had bronchitis several years ago. That laid me out on my back for a few days. This has been much easier: no chills, no body aches. I breathe easily, and I don't have a stuffy nose. My chest feels tight, and I have coughing spells. If I were at home with similar symptoms, I probably would have gone to work as usual."

It's surreal to see everyone panic - news conferences, the stock market falling, school closures - about a disease I have. It does seem likely that coronavirus will spread in the U.S., but it won't help anybody if we all panic. Based on my experience, I'd recommend that everyone get a good digital thermometer, just as a comfort tool, so they can reassure themselves if their noses start running.

Whew, so glad there's nothing to worry about. We can all rest easy now! Nothing to see here, move along.

What were you hoping for?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: snakeyes37

And that will be the reality for 80% of people who get this.

Truth time, my family may have already had it. We had contact with people from the China at the right time, and all came down with a nasty cold that sounds about like this description not long after that.

Not holding my breath that was it, but it may have been.

edit on 28-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s
Lol, I not sure what the OP is expecting to hear, by most accounts it's fluish, not very exciting I guess.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
actually a finger tip blood/oxygen sensor might be more useful theyre not really that expensive to obtain - believe below 90% check with doctor.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Wife and I had it a month back. Was the weakest virus I've ever had. Hypetrain.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

More like 98% or better.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I'm saying.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yup. Pulse oximeter is a good idea. Current case definition (last I read it today, it sometimes changes daily depending on the country) is under 93% denotes a severe case, at which point you should call the ER ahead of time and then head that way.

edit on 28-2-2020 by ProfessorDonut because: accidentally inserted a character

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Truth time, my family may have already had it. We had contact with people from the China at the right time, and all came down with a nasty cold that sounds about like this description not long after that.

Not holding my breath that was it, but it may have been.

Yep, maybe us, too. I remember discussing the symptoms with you a while back, and a few other members.

If it was CV, it was a cakewalk. I tangoed with norovirus back in the early aughts after a sick cruise ship passenger spread it around our hotel.

I'll go through CV/mild flu again before EVER going through noro again. Noro was utter HELL.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The WaPo states that this patient says," When the test came back a few hours later, I wasn't surprised to learn that I had the coronavirus. Later, the Tokyo swab confirmed the result - I had caught the virus even before I left the ship."
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the CDC sent the blood samples back to Atlanta (during this time of the outbreak), and it took a couple of days to get the results back.

I'm very skeptical of this WaPo story and find it suspect.

And Oregon has just reported it's first case of CoVID19.

edit on V332020Fridaypm29America/ChicagoFri, 28 Feb 2020 20:33:51 -06001 by Violater1 because: update

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Noro totally licks nads. If I had to pick, I would probably choose cov as well.
edit on 2-28-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
The WaPo states that this patient says," When the test came back a few hours later, I wasn't surprised to learn that I had the coronavirus. Later, the Tokyo swab confirmed the result - I had caught the virus even before I left the ship."
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the CDC sent the blood samples back to Atlanta (during this time of the outbreak), and it took a couple of days to get the results back.

I'm very skeptical of this WaPo story and find it suspect.

And Oregon has just reported it's first case of CoVID19.

100% agree

Also I like to keep my eye on the ball not the players if it's no big deal why is the world governments acting in a way that could only be described as self destructive unless it was infact a big deal

If the virus is nothing than the world stage is being set up for something else pick your koolaid if you will but something is happening and it's not going to be good for us

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Laboratory confirmed or are you speculating?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Nyiah

Noro totally licks nads. If I had to pick, I would probably choose cov as well.

I ended up chugging more than my fair share of pedialyte (cannot stand that crap now) while monitoring myself for fever spikes & dehydration symptoms, in case I needed to go to the ER. I weathered the damn thing in the end, but not before vacating my bowels and vomiting bile to the point of major torso muscle fatigue. The soreness was absolutely unreal, like the muscles were telling me "Screw off, I'm done being overworked!"
Sometimes when running to the bathroom (and I do mean RUNNING) it was at the point of "Do I sit on the toilet, or put my head in it??" It was god-awful, holy guacamole. Worst illness I've ever had the displeasure of catching.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

More like 98% or better.

Unless the medical system gets overwhelmed. Just ask China.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian
MARKET CORRECTION
By scaegoating the virus, our leaders avoid the political fallout of a contracting market. When it began the institutional investors sell of at record highs, further depressing prices. That leads to panicked fire selling by less informed investors. Once the prices are low enough to secure proper year end gains the big boys buy it all back at very favorable rates.

So now that the correction has gone into effect without having to be called one, the virus hysteria can predictably die off around the time of strong market gains. Miracle vaccine is released in the same timeframe, and voila!! We are back to normal until our next disease of the season.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Carriers! Get the hell away from me!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join