It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and I are going to die . . . . .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If it's the same doctor who did that thing for you know when whats-his-name broke that other thing, then I'd run.

That thing with that guy we both don't know? Yeah, that's him.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: DBCowboy

My Project Manager brain says;

Event = Death

Risk = 100%

Impact = life schedule

Risk Continuum
Avoid = impossible
Mitigation = cryo freezing
Transfer = become zombie

Thus I am now a Stoic and read Epictetus daily.

As someone who supports project managers, team leads and such, that just hits too close to home.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

On Jan 20, I had a TIA, or mini stroke. Subsequently, testing has revealed some blockage in my heart arteries. I a m doing OK now, undergoing further testing and on some good preventive medications, even so, I have literally looked death in the face these past few weeks, and you know what?

NO BIG DEAL.

I am not afraid, I realize its two possibilities, there is either something that comes after this or NOTHING. If there is nothing, no worries, you cant experience non-existence because you don't exist to experience anything. Sort of like trying to remember what was going on before you were born, you cant because there was no you to remember anything. If there IS something, I truly believe the supreme being is love and it will be immersion in that loving spirit forever. Whatever it is, its probably better than this. So I agree with the OP. Stop worrying about dying.
edit on 29-2-2020 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yes,

And that is precisely why you need Jesus.

Amen

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You know...I kind of figured you more like the guy who, instead of queen, would find a more catchy tune for this pandemic..

Seems more fitting...

Hang tough y'all

Peace

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Not sure the point of this thread really.

People have children. They have spouses and families, and maybe someone they take care of. They have goals and aspirations. Wanting to avoid being killed by something that could possibly be prevented is not abnormal. Not sure if you are trying to seem "tough" or something.. who knows. Or maybe you just don't care.

But many do care.. and there is nothing wrong with people wanting to AVOID dying at all costs. Maybe you are just going all George Carlin on us - OP writes like one of his scripts.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That's what religion and spirituality are for. New age stuff too.

If people have souls, spirits, they live forever. Problem solved. Heaven, reincarnation, being with the source or God, all of that good stuff.

Imagine if you were a devout Christian most of your life. I mean really into it, convinced without a shadow of a doubt that you'll goto heaven and your loved ones that passed already have. As you get worse in health and approach death if it happens that way, you'll be at relative peace with the whole thing, maybe even happy or in good spirits. You're not worried about ceasing to exist for eternity which may very well be the case.

Juxtapose that with someone who doesn't believe in anything life after death.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If it's the same doctor who did that thing for you know when whats-his-name broke that other thing, then I'd run.

That thing with that guy we both don't know? Yeah, that's him.

Can I have my van, ball hammers and spades back please?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Why do people (thrill seekers & etc) say that they 'haven't lived' until they do something that has a high probability of causing their death, ?

Are they nuts?

Let me just jump off this 13 floor building Into a white hot tub of molten iron with a flayed bungee rope and no parachute and I’ll get back to you with an answer....

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Why do people (thrill seekers & etc) say that they 'haven't lived' until they do something that has a high probability of causing their death, ?

Are they nuts?

Let me just jump off this 13 floor building Into a white hot tub of molten iron with a flayed bungee rope and no parachute and I’ll get back to you with an answer....

So, nuts then?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

See that box that Hoover is stepping out of? That’s a $20 cat house that I built.

But yep. We all go some time or another.

It needs to be properly close-able so that you can be in a dilemma about the existentiality of the animal.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Are they nuts?

So, nuts then?

Let me get someone to scrape me off the floor and I’ll get back to.....

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Awwwwww dogs genitalia....

That ATS time of the day again!
edit on 1-3-2020 by Lagomorphe because: Dbl

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Are they nuts?

So, nuts then?

I actually hear that the steam powered rocket is "the big thing" at the moment. But I'm not a follower of fashion.

I'm opting for swallowing house-bricks whole and without chewing them 40 times, then going swimming immediately afterwards.

I mean, if they are going to bury me, at least they should have to struggle a fair bit...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Are they nuts?

So, nuts then?

I actually hear that the steam powered rocket is "the big thing" at the moment. But I'm not a follower of fashion.

I'm opting for swallowing house-bricks whole and without chewing them 40 times, then going swimming immediately afterwards.

I mean, if they are going to bury me, at least they should have to struggle a fair bit...

That steam powered « Flat bloke » is apparently history and some people here on ATS predicted too 👍🤪😞😞

Tis à bit sad but such is life!

He dared... he lost... tough...

Anyways...

It’s Sunday 11:00 here in France.

I’m going on a dare devil mission to drink a glass of Rose wine...

“Buuuuuurrrrppp”

Lags

Ps. Before it was 2 bottles of Rose by day...

Now I am doing water for the past 2 years...

Lovely... 👍👍👍🤪🤪🤪

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
another dbl post as ATS owners can’t give a # to fix ATS.
edit on 1-3-2020 by Lagomorphe because: ATS owners don’t care any more as ads are easy money.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Pfff....Sunday mornings call for a nice armagnac and a cigar. We'll bust out the rose at 13:00...

Peace
edit on 1-3-2020 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Pfff....Sunday mornings call for a nice armagnac and a cigar. We'll bust out the rose at 13:00...

Peace

I fell asleep before the Rose

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
here we go again...

ATS is broken
edit on 1-3-2020 by Lagomorphe because: Owners don’t give a Fnuck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join