It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and I are going to die . . . . .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Embracing the madness, if the Wu flu becomes a reality then I’m going into it guns blazing

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ColeYounger

Now if only I had a mane of hair half as luxurious as the violin player ...

Id kill for that dude's hair. Mine is almost gone. It will be time to just shave the melon soon. It's coming.
To stay on topic, another song about death:

That long black cloud is comin down...
youtu.be...
edit on 28-2-2020 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Embracing the madness, if the Wu flu becomes a reality then I’m going into it guns blazing

Life should not be a journey to
the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

...Hunter Thompson

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Meh, WuFlu isn't going to be the thing that does me in. That would be too easy.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

See that box that Hoover is stepping out of? That’s a $20 cat house that I built.

But yep. We all go some time or another.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

jUsT wAsH yOuR hAnDs BrO.

Just kidding, and I know that is how most doctors don't get sick along with having a good immune system. Just comes off weird when their are rumors of pandemic and that's what some find pertinent to say even though it's effective. I guess I have a weird say of looking at things.

Either way... I hope everything is a lot less serious than many are preparing for.

One thing that does concern me is would we actually be ready for something more serious than this? I don't think so. And I don't say that at an institutional level, but rather an individual one..

I've been legit laughed at when I've had conversations with people and said I've made minor preoerations. And when I say minor, I mean bare bones get through a week and out of the city type thing and then play it by ear... Definitely not ideal, but it's a jumping off point.

Blows my mind people just think "they'll" take care of it. Lol.

I'm not worried about catching it... I've just realized how quickly things can change. So from now on, I'm not going to let myself be in a situation I know not what I'd do if blank happened, or not be in a position I can't take a few months off work.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It might be working in the COVID task loop. I'd be morbid too if I had my eyeballs on the actual logistics.

I think I would be too.

I saw the movie Contagion with my mom and her best friend who was the head of infectious diseases at the hospital in town. I asked her how accurate the premise could be. She said extremely, and that she was impressed with the attention to detail. She also said it was a matter of if and not when considering how the gaps in between our already short six degrees of separation shorten all the time.

International travel, trade, and the dependence on such would pretty much keep our hands tied until its too late.

Edit :forgot to add movie title... Also, I'm not sold this is "it", but it's eye opening to me at least to be prepared at a level I wouldn't be at the mercy of "them", whoever the hell that would be. If something biblical happens... The only help we get is the help we have ourselves in advanced.
edit on 28-2-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The bug in Contagion was based off of Nipah virus. It's very real, but this is not it in any way.

The nightmares from this are more social disruption and logistical than they are on the personal level from the actual illness. Most of us are going to be very much alive when it's all over. The damage will be to society.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hopefully we all induvidually, and collectively take this perfect opportunity to see where are flaws are in handling such things... And learn from and address it..

My hope isn't high on that.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Why do people (thrill seekers & etc) say that they 'haven't lived' until they do something that has a high probability of causing their death, ?

Are they nuts?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

My Project Manager brain says;

Event = Death

Risk = 100%

Impact = life schedule

Risk Continuum
Avoid = impossible
Mitigation = cryo freezing
Transfer = become zombie

Thus I am now a Stoic and read Epictetus daily.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

How does one shoot this virus?
If you do catch it, like most it will be more like the common cold. Before then keep ya hands clean, don't mess with ya face or pick ya nose, keep hand sanitizer and if it helps you feel better, wear a mask.

I think you need to chill-out and spend a little less time thinking everyone other than you or who thinks like you are all evil because....politics....and are gonna dance on ya grave.

I've never meet you and I don't agree with a lot of your ranting and moaning, but I'd happily have a sit down and drink a beer with you.

edit on 29-2-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Some would like it during a visit to a cat house

What the hell you caught me off-guard there. I'll take whatever drugs you're on. Sounds wonderful.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.

...Woody Allen

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Can you prove that we aren't already dead?
And that this isn't the afterlife?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Bull****. I know four out of five doctors say this but I have the fifth one and I like his opinion better.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Can you prove that we aren't already dead?
And that this isn't the afterlife?

yep.

No unicorns, I was promised unicorns when I die.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Bull****. I know four out of five doctors say this but I have the fifth one and I like his opinion better.

If it's the same doctor who did that thing for you know when whats-his-name broke that other thing, then I'd run.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

A saying my mum often used, "Life is a Dream and Death an AWAKENING", this is the dream and that is the real world.

Now I am a Christian and do not believe in Reincarnation but perhaps a form of reincarnation is real, at least right here in the physical world so why not also in the spiritual one.

Famous poet and thinker whom was a Sufi Mystic which is a branch of the Muslim faith once put it like this.

A stone I died and rose again a plant;
A plant I died and rose an animal;
I died an animal and was born a man.
Why should I fear? What have I lost by death?
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi

This is I believe an Abbreviated version as the one I used to have said on the fourth line, As man I died and became an Angel, As An Angel I shall also die to become a God and when I die as a God I shall become what no mind has conceived, why should I fear when through dying was I ever made less.

edit on 29-2-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Maybe you went to the bad place and not the good place when you died.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join