It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that won't happen in the end-times;- Index thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: JoseGarcia
BTW, I think your bit about the giants returning mostly sounds grossly uninformed--evidently in terms of the Biblical record & root word meanings as well as evidence from the last 50 years or so.

All I actually need to know is the text of Matthew ch24, where the meaning of "As in the days of Noah" is fully explained. Why, why, why, are people closing their ears to the words of Jesus, where he himself explains what he means? it is perverse.

P.S. In your haste, you seem to be including the reincarnation of Christ in the list of things you believe in. Perhaps you'll want to re-consider. That one is slightly out of place in this series, being it doesn't come from Christian circles at all.

Where did I say I believed every detail of any sources.

I don't know precisely what they mean by the 'reincarnation' of Christ. But it sounds off the wall, to me.

I was taught to spit out the bones at an early age.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
a reply to: DISRAELI

You poo poo people who interpet as in the days of Noah and giants, yet you interpet scripture in dispensations which came about with Darby's theology of the 1800's.

From a link in a post above:

150BC - 70AD Rapture Mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls

"A Newly Discovered Dead Sea Scroll Has Revealed Who Will be Left Behind When the Rapture Comes a Leading Scholar Reports" from the journalist David Augustine. (Jack van Impe Ministries, June 16, 2005)

In this article Dr. William Harold, professor of Canon Law, at the Theological Seminary of Essex, GB wrote:
"Without doubt, this is the most important discovery in the history of Biblical archeology. The scroll, written in Aramaic, the language spoken in the Holy Land during Jesus time on earth, was found in a cave on the shores of the Dead Sea by geologists conducting a survey for the Israeli government."

The scrolls read:

"The Rapture will occur suddenly. And countless thousands will vanish from the earth. Swept up to heaven to live with Jesus and escape the torment of the Tribulation, the others will be left behind." — The Dead Sea Scrolls

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoseGarcia
Where did I say I believed every detail of any sources.
I don't know precisely what they mean by the 'reincarnation' of Christ. But it sounds off the wall, to me.

That's why I said you were giving that impression "in haste". It was one of the items I was rejecting, and you claimed to disagree with me on every item.
That shows the danger of making sweeping statements using the word "all".

edit on 29-2-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
You know my main beef with daniel 70 week splitting off the 70 week to some date 2000 or more years later while running the prior 69 week concurently. Is that not departing from sound interpretation? Turning a prophecy about the coming messiah into one about the anti-christ.

edit on 29-2-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666
Can you remember the most recent time you brought up that point? I'm fairly sure that I wrote a reply explaining that my own position on the 70th week was not the position you are criticising, but I'm not sure how easily I can find it again. I may have to look for it by searching through your posts instead of mine.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666
While I'm looking for it, here's a link to my original thread on the passage.
The unsolved puzzle of the seventy weeks

P.S. Here is a response from the beginning of the month, but I still think I did a slightly longer one a week or so later;

Whenever Daniel talks about "stopping of the sacrifice", it is an act hostile to God. It means "stopping people from worshipping God". Based on the parallel with Antiochus Epiphanes. You can only give it a "good" interpretation by taking statements out of context, which is always a Biblical mistake.

I've done a thread on the 70 weeks, in which I floated the possibility that Jesus was the first anointed one, at the end of the first week. On that assumption, the 69 weeks that follow would be quite in proportion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join