It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Type I Human Civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I was thinking about humankind and how it's progressing in terms of technological development and to a degree, evolution.

All signs point to the stars in this regard and our expanse into that final frontier.

That's where the galactic measuring stick comes into play.

Type I civilization, also called a planetary civilization—can use and store all of the energy available on its planet.

Type II civilization, also called a stellar civilization—can use and control energy at the scale of its stellar system.

Type III civilization, also called a galactic civilization—can control energy at the scale of its entire host galaxy.

Currently, we sit at Type 0 civilization and that made me wonder how the jump from type 0 to 1 would go.

Civilization is made up of society and culture. Which forms of this will make it to space?

If another species made it to this point do you think they'd have a democracy, currency or even nations?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg

Currently, we sit at Type 0 civilization

Personally, I think we're more of a 'Type Negative 50' civilization.
Man is lost. A philosopher once said that if we woke up to find that war, sickness, poverty and hunger had been conquered overnight, we'd find something new to fight about by noon.

To quote Arnold in Terminator 2:
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves."

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That's about accurate.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Considering there's no proof of any of the types of civilizations it's kind of meaningless. Just some good sci-fi what if's.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

That's where we got our system from. The Watchers taught us all these things. Our technology has jumped far too fast for us to have done it on our own. I think one of the old books that was not cannonised into the bible (book of Enoch or Jasher) describes how fallen aliens taught mankind their own specialty. From make up, to metal working, to abortion, to information about the Earth, the stars, and the Universe.
I had a being appear in my home once(about 10 years ago, a few feet from where Im sitting now. He even spoke (thus my name). It was no demon. I think it was a powerful alien, known as a fallen Angel. They are on Earth now, and have been, probably long before Humankind. If the being appeared in my home, Im sure they appear to others, including scientists, and give them information

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Considering there's no proof of any of the types of civilizations it's kind of meaningless. Just some good sci-fi what if's.

Really? who made the machines hundreds and thousands of years ago? The tooth fairy? Do a little research, and you will be amazed at what you find. Someone used diamond saws to cut stones thousands of years ago. Someone made machined gears back then as well. Who did that?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
We are a .7 civilization, not zero, well on our way to Type 1

where value K is a civilization's Kardashev rating and P is the power it uses, in watts. Using this extrapolation, a "Type 0" civilization, not defined by Kardashev, would control about 1 MW of power, and humanity's civilization type as of 1973 was about 0.7 (apparently using 10 terawatts (TW) as the value for 1970s humanity).[4]

In 2018, the total world energy consumption was 13864.9 Mtoe (161,249 TWh),[5] equivalent to an average power consumption of 18.40 TW or 0.73 on Sagan's interpolated Kardashev scale.
Source

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I used to be very exited when i saw posts like that...

In the 80's people believed we would colonized mars in 2020 , and fusion reactors to power starships.

2020 : Still the same old rockets , better phones (AKA) surveilance equipment , political correct madness censorship. and unleashed bioweapon. Still no people on mars. And even going to the moon seems impossible in 2020.

All the typing makes good sci-fi I think. but we are certainly not a type 1 civilization. It's a shame that society is devolving.

if the Aang EL'S care maybe we make it to a type zero that give a F civilization but I highly doubt that.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
TYPE 1 Type I civilization, also called a planetary civilization—can use and store all of the energy available on its planet.
ADDED the rest of the factor Use and store energy without Negatively effecting its environment .
That MUST be added as even if war was going chemical pollution can and will be the death of us and we will NOT make it to LV 1 no war needed .
Oceans are dieing the and so poisoned it will be 50,000 years beofr its safe in places like Love canal en.wikipedia.org...
3 mile island
Gulf of mexico a on going ELE . water Undrinkable That town Up in NY with the lead . well All this is in teh US and all that people do is post china china as if we are the poster child of clean .
anyway The standing theory is very few Civilizations ever reach lv 1 because of these problems and this may be the reason we have not received singles .

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Pretty much. And even then that whole categorization system is based on human values and attitudes and is very likely to have nothing to do with aliens, should we ever find any.

Considering we only understand power and resources in terms of matter as it exists within electromagnetic fields, we could be missing out on all kinds of other types of subtle power that have nothing to do with building or burning things or tearing things apart or capturing bits of light and electromagnetism. Those aliens wouldn't build stuff like Dyson spheres because they wouldn't want or need to.

Could be if you were an alien that could manipulate what might be called "psychic" energies that are completely independent of normal spacetime. All you'd have to do is imagine yourself on Earth and you could just BE here. You could dress yourself up in people's minds as a creature flying a shiny saucer if you think that would make it easier, but you wouldn't have to. So no big construction projects necessary. Just shifting existences.
edit on 28-2-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

what you describe would be a species that has trancended reality, i suspect 99% of all species will never accomplish that if it's even possible. such a thing might just be wishful thinking used to escape the thought that the universe is a dark empty void and life is just a coincidence and our existence has no meaning, that one day every intelligent species ceases to exist no matter how advanced or peaceful they become.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Agreed. Humans may be intelligent enough to manipulate technology but emotionally, still infants. Until we can temper greed, jealousy, power hunger and just plain meanness, no matter how far we get technologically, we're always one step away from knocking the whole lot back to the stone age. Almost like a built in fail safe to keep us in our place.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Built in fail safe ?
No nearly Even if you only count the last 500,000 years Humans or human types have been around we were little more then a slightly smarter animal and 90 % of our every day life was based on a evolved emotional response to the environment .
Tiger run live tiger fight live wolf no different .
fast forward 496,000 years Humans start getting better at using there brain ( 3,000 to 5,000 years agaio )
fast forward again to 2020 and humans have gotton ONLY ever so slightly better at using there brain .
now instead of going by emotion 95 % of the time we go by emotion 94.9 %
Humans are very much still driven by emotions millions of years old and they easly over ride our brains .

Try being a Intellectual in the middle of a passionate moment with your women or man .
Ps dont try this btw it compleatly ruins the moment lol

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: Blue Shift

what you describe would be a species that has trancended reality, i suspect 99% of all species will never accomplish that if it's even possible.

I guess it all depends on how a species defines reality. But you're right. If there are any alien civilizations out there, or have been any, they're extremely vulnerable to destruction by any number of ways but I'm guessing primarily natural. Blasts of radiation. Big rocks slamming into their planets. Just having their DNA (or whatever they run on) get so worn out and damaged that it doesn't work anymore. Maybe they kill each other, or are killed by other alien races. But I get the feeling they pretty much all expire, and some in a surprisingly short period of time. Hell, our own civilization is less than 10,000 years old (a bare instant in universal time) and it could certainly be destroyed by any of these things and nobody would likely know we ever even existed.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet
a reply to: ColeYounger

Agreed. Humans may be intelligent enough to manipulate technology but emotionally, still infants. Until we can temper greed, jealousy, power hunger and just plain meanness, no matter how far we get technologically, we're always one step away from knocking the whole lot back to the stone age. Almost like a built in fail safe to keep us in our place.

I suppose the ironic thing is that we would never have advanced as far as we have without those pesky emotions.

new topics

top topics

join