It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top health officials to begin ‘actively’ looking for COVID-19 cases in Canadian communities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This doesn’t say how it will be done.I assume it means testing for COVID-19 when people go to the doctors with Flu symptoms, or at least asking more questions on how they got the illness. Currently I don’t think that’s being done, it’s just assumed you have a flu bug and bye-bye.

Top Canadian health officials say they are going to start actively looking for COVID-19 cases in communities, as mounting evidence suggests that the new coronavirus will soon start spreading more freely in Canada.

“We are actively having conversations right now with provinces and territories on some of the next steps,” Theresa Tam, Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, said on Thursday. Officials didn’t offer a timeline for when the new surveillance systems will be activated, but infectious-disease experts say they are urgently needed.

Globe and Mail

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
This doesn’t say how it will be done.I assume it means testing for COVID-19 when people go to the doctors with Flu symptoms, or at least asking more questions on how they got the illness. Currently I don’t think that’s being done, it’s just assumed you have a flu bug and bye-bye.

Top Canadian health officials say they are going to start actively looking for COVID-19 cases in communities, as mounting evidence suggests that the new coronavirus will soon start spreading more freely in Canada.

“We are actively having conversations right now with provinces and territories on some of the next steps,” Theresa Tam, Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, said on Thursday. Officials didn’t offer a timeline for when the new surveillance systems will be activated, but infectious-disease experts say they are urgently needed.

Globe and Mail

My understanding is its basically mass screenings for the virus in suspected communities

Its basically for a better understanding, like a radar almost, they have to be able to see the enemy to tackle it efficiently

Then begins the quarantines
edit on 28-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I'm beginning to think this virus had gone global a while back, and it just had a random burst in china.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Well I can accurately say that our Health Ministry does not give two sh#ts about this virus.

My sister is an RN in BC and she said none of them have been educated on it and were told "not to worry".

A colleague of mine just came back from a 3 weeks trip in the Philippines. He had to take a layover/connecting flight from Philippines to South Korea on Feb 18/19 when the outbreak began there.. He flew back to Canada and they did NOT screen him, test, nothing. He was paranoid 3 days ago about it so we went to some medi clinics and they all refused to test him simply because he does not show symptoms or came directly from China. He asked if he can go to the hospital anyways and they all said No.

So, Canada is stupid. I know that much for sure, but it almost seems like they want it here.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

I live in BC. That’s not very reassuring to know. We have two local cases (both connected to Iran), not counting the others in Vancouver. Not sure what the new totals are right now.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

If the virus becomes an epidemic, health officials say they will treat it like seasonal flu

Good luck!
edit on 28-2-2020 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sounds a lot like the Dutch government. We have two infected. One came into contact with possibly up to hundreds during Carnaval. Another went to a kid's school and works in a hospital. But! We are not to worry! According to our government officials, COVID-19 isn't really infectious, you know. So, it's all cool. Hospitals are completely overreacting with the masks, goggles, protective clothing.

I'm starting to wonder if they even realize we have this thing called internet these days.
edit on 28-2-2020 by Asgaard because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I've been to two different doctors in two weeks (normal check-up appointments) and each time I was asked questions they never ask. Do you have cough; have you run a fever; have you traveled to China recently.

Two doctor visits don't make a pattern but I do think the medical community wants to know who they might be dealing with even if it's just a scheduled appointment.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
I did not get asked that and I went there saying I had a flu for 5 weeks! Getting over it now slowly at about 6 weeks. I’ve not travelled anywhere btw. So I figure it’s the regular seasonal flu or cold.

new topics

top topics

join