It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 361
<< 358  359  360    362  363 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I am going to start discontinuing my patients on it

You're a physician? Good to know (wish I knew this sooner, lol) thanks for the update

link   

originally posted by: drussell41
Is it realistic to hope for a vaccine for something that is mutating so quickly we now have at least four strains?

Theoretically the same vaccine would work for the S and L strain as their rna properties are so similar.
Haven’t seen any info about the other 2 mutations you referenced

link   

originally posted by: dainfamusgc
wasn't there someone in tbis thread that mentioned china would try to blame US for this....seems to be what's going on right now, China saying US infected Wuhan at army games and saying US should come clean. Crazy times.

I think that may have been our boy, TennisDawg

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: missed_gear
a reply to: tanstaafl
If you have read through thus thread and links thereof...stop comparing this to the flu.

I have, that is why I will keep on doing it - because it basically is like a bad flu. I'm sorry you don't like it, but reality is.

Sorry, but I seem to have missed your credentials concerning how you KNOW your speculation is any more accurate than anyone else's here. How do you KNOW that China's response to this virus was all overblown and senseless? How do you KNOW there is not going to be later phases of this virus that people should really be concerned about?

In other words, please explain to me why you feel that you know any more about this than anyone else here. And especially enough to dispute some technical publications that are describing potentials for this virus that any sensible person would be reasonable to take note of.

Just askin'.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trillium

originally posted by: asdfa
Someone had posted a link to a map only US cases but I didn't book mark it. Does anyone have that link handy please?

try here USA & Canada only

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

barely seeing numbers updating on the site all AM, did they stop updating public on numbers ?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jsjAmeicanMo

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Wow,

Update from small town America.

Another update from small town America. Kansas City, Missouri has declared a state of emergency this morning.

www.bizjournals.com...

What's interesting is that KC, Missouri doesn't have any actual confirmed cases of COVID-19 at this point. ????

Well, I do wish the entire USA had taken this step before it became too late to matter.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Well.....crud my husband has high blood pressure and is on 2 meds. He just refilled his 90 day supply. He is already stressed after waking up to the realization yesterday.

Plus the middle school in my area with a case is in my neighborhood only a few streets away.

The stores were cleared out last night. I went in this morning to grab more laundry soap. There was barely anyone but the shelves were empty. I did get some soap though.

The cashier said last night was "horrible." So glad for this thread. I was ready.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE:

1. Protea ODI cricket team recalled from India and remaining ODI games called off.
2. Germany has just provided R2.3 million to the SA government for them to get tests kits
3. Total cases 24. +8
4. Patient that was previously reported as critical, is not critical.

South Africa is relatively calm. More people working from home and I noticed in Makro (like Walmart) on Tuesday that people were stocking up.

In the company that I work at, certain business-critical teams have been split up into 3 geographic areas. If one member of one team gets infected, the remainder of the teams can still continue working.
edit on 13/3/2020 by deltaalphanovember because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Spain is now up to 812 for the day... approaching Italy's numbers 5 days ago
Spain now 4209 and 120 deaths! All schools closed in Spain bar one.

I posted daily cases, not total cases!

Anyway,it's gone up again for the day to 1,063 new cases and 34 deaths!

Waiting on Italy's numbers but it doesn't look contained to me.

Also the UK have posted just 19 new cases today but I think that will increase, if not, then I think its false numbers if you look at the daily rise yesterday and the days before

19 cases? Multiply that number with 80 - 90 and the numbers will be close to correct. In Denmark there were 125 new cases over night. UK population 66 milion, Denmark: 5.5 million.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
ADDENDUM: I might also add, we were specifically told not to talk about any patients that may test positive for COVID-19 at all.

Is this HIPPA in action?

Sounds like it - as with almost all government regulations - may result in a lot more harm than good. I understand not outing actual names/addresses, but it is ridiculous to not be able to provide enough details so that those at most risk can make rational decisions for their own health and well being..

I got an email last night from one of our employees asking about Remote Access (I'm the I.T. Director for our small company), and told me her live in boyfriend was tested - test negative, but asked to self-quarantine for 48 hours anyway. Her email made it clear she was planning on coming in to work, but I had to tell her no, and that I'd get her RA set up this morning (just finished it).

Also - was informed by others here of many many closings of public schools in many many Counties as of Monday the 15th until further notice.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
Right at the bottom you can see measles could spread from 1 person to 6000 in 42 days in an unvaccinated society.

Unless those unvaccinated have natural lifelong immunity by getting the actual measles... like myself.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Father, son have doctor’s order for COVID-19 test but still can’t get tested

COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – A Georgia family spent last week in Orlando, visiting all four of the Disney theme parks. They drove home Monday, and everyone was sick with classic flu-like symptoms.

The last three days they have been trying to get a COVID-19 test … and they can’t.

WRBL interviewed Sheli and Kevin Hankins Thursday morning via Facebook Messenger.

The family physician ordered a coronavirus/COVID-19 test for Kevin and their son. The doctor’s office then told them to go to the West Central Health District office in Midtown Columbus.

People at the ground-floor security desk asked what kind of testing they were there for. He told them and was sent to the second-floor clinic.

Kevin Hankins recalled what happened when he reached the clinic and was greeted by a receptionist:

“She asked, ‘What are you being tested for?’ I said, ‘coronavirus.’ She got this really strange look on her face. She raised her eyebrows, like ‘I can’t believe you brought that in here.’ She didn’t say that. There was definitely disdain on her face. Then she said, ‘Oh, yeah, we don’t do that here.’”

West Central Health District spokeswoman Pamela Kirkland said that the health district does not do the testing. She says a throat culture should be taken at the doctor’s office and sent to the CDC.

That’s the Catch-22.

They have called a private medical testing firm and Gov. Brian Kemp’s office.

“They don’t really know what to do once you call those people,” Kevin Hankins said. “There’s no test kits that anybody is aware of. There is no alternative to go to if somebody runs out of test kits. It’s like there’s a brick wall if you need to be tested for this.”

And it’s not just the patient.

“Our doctor’s office is having a hard time getting information,” Sheli Hankins said. “They are trying as well.

Source

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I bet there are several thousands in USA alone, the administration is not testing people on purpose so everything looks fine and dandy. Flame away, I don't care.
Only thing you need to do is take a look at Europe. Same # is happening in USA as we speak. South Korea put an 120% effort to stop this and succeed. Europe is waking up, might be too late. But USA, oh boy oh boy.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Also the UK have posted just 19 new cases today but I think that will increase, if not, then I think its false numbers if you look at the daily rise yesterday and the days before

19 cases? Multiply that number with 80 - 90 and the numbers will be close to correct. In Denmark there were 125 new cases over night. UK population 66 milion, Denmark: 5.5 million.

PM said yesterday the way tests are being carried out would change. Instead of testing everyone who is suspected to be infected they will be testing those in hospital. Anyone suspecting themselves to be showing symptoms is advised to stay at home until recovered. If it gets bad, info health authorities and you'll probably get hospitalised then tested there. I'm guessing all of this could lead to a drop in figures reported more recently.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
and on the subject of spain :

just got notification that the govt of cantabria [ region of northern spain - administrative capital santander ] - has mandated a suspension of recreational sporting activities

no permits till further notice

explainer - several activities - are managed by a permit system - its easy to get - and not restrictive - but its there - and attempts to keep wilderness areas descending to a free for all

you CAN do things without a permit - but it invalidates rescue // medical insurance etc

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

originally posted by: XCrycek

PM said yesterday the way tests are being carried out would change. Instead of testing everyone who is suspected to be infected they will be testing those in hospital. Anyone suspecting themselves to be showing symptoms is advised to stay at home until recovered. If it gets bad, info health authorities and you'll probably get hospitalised then tested there. I'm guessing all of this could lead to a drop in figures reported more recently.

That's what they said here too.
If you are from the UK I'd advice you to buy some extra food. Not hoard or anything but just so you can get through next week or two. The next step your government will take is to "close" down your country. Once they do that the people will rush to buy bread and milk.
It will happen on matter of hours. And if when it does it will be too late because people will already be fighting over food. However, you won't starve. There's plenty of food around. But, getting there before others will spare you of getting infected at least

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Some good news from Chile. Now that Coronavirus has been declared a pandemic, in relation to health care, the rule of the game changes. I think this news is important, you guys have to check your insurance policies and/or your governments health laws to see if you have the same. Specially in countries where health is mostly private and public health is also expensive.

We have private insurers called ISAPRES (in english, wikipedia). Thanks to the declaration of pandemic from the W.H.O., and a Chilean law stating that they can NOT excuse themselves of covering declared pandemics, are now obligated to cover the costs. Costs include the ambulatory and hospitalization services, diagnostic and treatment. The covered % is according to the health plan the patient has. Even though a lot of complementary insurance exclude pandemics, some companies are studying the option of lifting this restriction and make an exception with Coronavirus. So each person will have to read their insurance plan.

Source in english Google Translate
edit on 13/3/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
how are the roads where people are, I was told to stay home because of some cases on base. ( I work on base)

But during a run into town the roads were empty even going back out of town during lunch their just didnt seem to be many people around, kinda busy like sunday during church levels at lunch.

Strange.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

My office is located off of a very busy road that I can see right out the window. Traffic is quite noticeably lighter than usual, but when I commute into work or home it has only seemed mildly less busy.

I'm expecting places to really lock down starting next week locally, then it will look reminiscent of I Am Legend

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

Here in Southwest Michigan my grandsons schools will be closed for 4 weeks. 3 weeks state mandated and plus the scheduled spring break week until April 13th starting Monday. Parents hitting local stores to stock up on food and necessities since now their normal supplies will not be offset by school breakfasts, snacks, and lunches.

Stores are packed. We prepared with necessities, but hubby decided to go out and stock our booze pantry today. He joked, those shelves are going to be cleaned out after parents are stuck home with their kiddies too.

Edit add: My youngest daughter on the other hand is off and about working with a organization in our county to prep meals for those families with at risk children and be able to deliver it to their doors.
edit on 3 13 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 358  359  360    362  363 >>

join