It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 351
<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good God this thread exploded, no part 5 yet?

We've been cleared to work on Wuhan, SARS, MERS and UNC in BSL3 work. Huge influx of funding to prevent economic and public health damage.

Our goal is to focus on the spike protein. Drugs that work are in short supply so we're using a database of old trial vaccines, protease inhibitors, similar drugs and antibody treatments to hit the spike protein. We will be mapping it and isolating potential targets. I'm actually working with people who have worked on Ebola, Nipah, H1N1, H7N9 and God knows what. How cool is that? Learning from subject matter experts in the field, amazing.

We will be growing and inactivating the virus in-vitro in our BSL3 labs, spike protein will be isolated or the virus inactivated. It will be moved to BSL2 work and hit with potential targets. It is from a natural crossover, sorry to bust that theory, I loved the vaccine theory. So,while it shows potential mutations from in-vitro work, it has a more distant recombination event. It also has markers indicating exposure to non human immune responses. It's good at binding to our ACE2 but it wasn't made for it at all.

My state is shutting down, many of us could not report to military training including myself. I had a weird chest cold the last 10 days or so but my kids also had Parvo, the rash causing one. The university I work at is moving to online only classes too which is nuts and my kids schools are closing next week.

Best part is we refinanced our mortgage and got a ridiculous VA loan rate.

Also be aware only 70% alcohol, bleach or peroxide kill this thing. Ammonia and Quat compounds do not. We've already confirmed this in the lab.

As long as you don't have comorbidities, have an immunodeficiency or are in the oldest population groups it doesn't look too bad. Just a cold or Bronchitis/Pneumonia.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

What if your obese or have high blood pressure?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
a reply to: chiefsmom

Are they in my area of Genesee county? I'm pretty sure we have a case..

I just heard from our mayor that the wayne county case is the man in his 50's who traveled domestically and lives in my city of Livonia. The city won't give any information at all about whether he has kids in local schools, etc. I totally understand the need for privacy, it's just hard because this is SO close to me and it'd be good to know if we go to the same places. They aren'tt giving any info on the 3rd case that i can find.
edit on 12/3/2020 by Tukota because: typo

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You definitely sound like you know what you're talking about, so just wondering, what's your field, with whom or what are you working?

ETA:

And I mean that insofar as because you seem to know what you're talking about, just like some info, like are you a Dr, MD, working with...?

edit on 12-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Welcome back Phage you were missed.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Could be worse due to increased number of ACE2 receptors. I wouldn't worry though about life threats, maybe it goes a little deeper in the lungs.

I'm referring more towards transplant, cancer, immunodeficiency etc. Other high risk are lung, kidney, heart, and other chronic diseases like diabetes. Basically the body attempts to increase ACE2 binding which helps prevent oxidative and other damage to tissue in these conditions. ACE2 is the counterpart to ACE. Sort of like rest and digest versus fight or flight neurological responses.

For example it dilates blood vessels instead of constricting them. With more of these receptors there is an increased chance of deeper or systemic infection and that's when you get the honeycomb lung or possible systemic inflammatory responses that may crash blood pressure and make your vessels more permeable and leaky. It can also increase immune targeting of healthy tissue and cause hypersensitivity or septic/cytokine like symptoms.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: klimitzgus
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

I have an art show in Juno Beach this weekend, and I am flying in from Texas. The producers are not cancelling the show, so I am a little concerned about it. Wondering if the people are going to stay away. I have been in and out of Florida for months now attending art shows with thousands of people present. I know there is no way I haven't been exposed to it at this point.

Sounds to me that you have answered your own question. How badly do you NEED to do that show? I think anyone traveling anywhere is getting riskier by the day.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
mildly on topic, with everything that has happened at Moody AFB today this struck me as weird.

house I am renting is almost straight out from the runway though a good distance out, to give you an idea during the air show planes were coming out over the house for the loop around to go down the run way.

Since its such a nice night I was sitting on the front porch to my left was the base and as I looked in that way (cause I could hear the farmers machines going to work in that direction) I noticed a plane passing form my right to left as I looked at the base.

What makes this strange was it was coming from the wrong direction for it to come from the local air port, and it wasn't the normal path for any of the bases air craft, yet it was at an altitude that was similar to those coming in for a landing.

I lost it behind the trees so I cant say for certain it landed at the base but I cant imagine it going anywhere else at that altitude and that slow of a speed.

I wonder if the CDC sent supplies or people, or id DoD is moving things there, strange night after a strange day.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Thank you. You know what your talking about. Nice to hear your enjoying your research.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

What's funny, (not) is that if you goog corona virus in MI, is that it says they are monitoring over 300 cases in MI. That is all it says.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
mildly on topic, with everything that has happened at Moody AFB today this struck me as weird.

house I am renting is almost straight out from the runway though a good distance out, to give you an idea during the air show planes were coming out over the house for the loop around to go down the run way.

Since its such a nice night I was sitting on the front porch to my left was the base and as I looked in that way (cause I could hear the farmers machines going to work in that direction) I noticed a plane passing form my right to left as I looked at the base.

What makes this strange was it was coming from the wrong direction for it to come from the local air port, and it wasn't the normal path for any of the bases air craft, yet it was at an altitude that was similar to those coming in for a landing.

I lost it behind the trees so I cant say for certain it landed at the base but I cant imagine it going anywhere else at that altitude and that slow of a speed.

I wonder if the CDC sent supplies or people, or id DoD is moving things there, strange night after a strange day.

I saw a C-17 military airlift plane land at the Portland International Airport (PDX) yesterday, and I thought the exact same thing; an emergency supply drop..

edit on 3/12/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm still learning lol, I study infectious diseases in grad school, work for army medical in the guard teaching for the AMEDD programs, and work with agents in BSL2 and BSL3 work at a private university. The people I work with are the experts, I'm just happy to be there. I do have a decade of experience in these fields but am by no means at the level of the doctors I work with. My undergrad was more focused towards the health sciences and pre MD/PA. I do plan to complete a provider program after this degree.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can from them but they've been doing it for decades.

link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Prayers for him and that he gets moved, he will be better off.
He's on my wish list as I call it.

link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Rich Z
Well, with that presumed to be true, and looking at this from another angle, then why are governments worldwide going into their own sort of panic mode? Many of them trying to keep it behind the scenes, of course, to keep from causing a panic with their populace.

Normal events shouldn't cause abnormal responses, IMHO.

Agreed, and I responded with my opinion of why - I believe it is a last ditch power play by the globalist/elites due to the huge grass roots Nationalist movements that have been spurred on by Trumps election and policies.

It is a fact that China and Iran were experiencing significant threats to their tyrannical/dictatorial power structures, and I believe that they have been using this thing as cover to eliminate as much of the threat (of known dissidents) as possible.

Well, again from a different angle, I believe the opposite would be true. This is showing people, IMHO, the folly of being interdependent with other countries. If China could have been just encapsulated early on, we would be in the mess we are right now. But countries either could not shut out China, or were afraid to, because so much of their economy depends on China and China's good will. Personally, I think once China shut down Wuhan, every other country on the planet should have shut down China completely and totally. China raised a huge red flag over this, and everyone just chose to ignore it. IMHO.

So with that in mind, I believe countries will see the benefits of returning to self sufficiency as much as is feasible. It just is not wise to be completely dependent on other governments for your health and welfare. This all opened up everyone's eyes to the barrel that China has been holding us over for quite some time, and getting more and more dangerous nearly every day.

Eyes are being opened by this, IMHO. Globalism is not the answer that PEOPLE need for their continued well being.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
I bet the Jihadi's of this World are loving it right now.

And the fundamentalist Christians.. Rapture.. blah blah blah..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

While I think we have been delayed and lax in our initial response, we can still control it.

Good thing is that the recovery rate is also increasing.

What would that graphs look like if the US was broken down into similar geographical and/or populations as the other countries and city on these charts.

Or am I reading it wrong and they are already taking such things into account?
edit on 12-3-2020 by DanDanDat because: quote issues

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hundreds of pages ago, we were discussing a dichotomy in case reports: for some, one person in a family would get CV19, in others the whole extended family would be dead within days.

We know know there are S & L variant, maybe T & Q too, or a newer one? Maybe we should keep one eye open toward these differenced arising again. I have been noticing shadows of that in the recent pages. This may explain some of the strange differences in "how long it survives on" and cluster spread rates.

link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
I bet the Jihadi's of this World are loving it right now.

And the fundamentalist Christians.. Rapture.. blah blah blah..

I'll pray for you..

..when you're left behind.

link   

Thank you for sharing so much about what you're doing. It makes me feel calmer hearing first-hand how you're attacking this virus and trying to find answers.

Hope you and your family are doing better! I just checked all my hand sanitizer to make sure it's over 70% and told my friends and family to check too. Someone had 50% rubbing alcohol in their closet, so it's good we looked.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Liquesence

While I think we have been delayed and lax in our initial response, we can still control it.

Good thing is that the recovery rate is also increasing.

What would that graphs look like if the US was broken down into similar geographical and/or populations as the other countries and city on these charts.

Or am I reading it wrong and they are already taking such things into account?

Not sure what you mean. On both a global and regional scale the numbers pan out.

If you mean a current US regional scale it would not be representative because we have not hit that curve.

new topics

top topics

<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join